Poll : How much do you spend?

I don't spend money on fireworks at all
More than €50
Between €10 and €30
Less than €10
Between €30 and €50
Fireworks
Hi all

It's already the 30th of December (no shit, sherlock). A lot of people in my area have bought there fireworks, and they're using it already. Many spend a lot of money on fireworks, most people spend over €50. I was wondering : does the lfs community spend a lot of money on fireworks?
waste of money imo
i rather spend it on beer so i still have the headache the next morning
After having a rocket strapped to my head (was wearing a hat) and burning half my hair off a few years back, I've never touched fireworks since. I didn't even want to have this rocket strapped to my head but as soon as I got out of the car to see some so called mates, they strapped it to my head and lit it in a matter of seconds.
Quote from beefyman666 :After having a rocket strapped to my head (was wearing a hat) and burning half my hair off a few years back, I've never touched fireworks since. I didn't even want to have this rocket strapped to my head but as soon as I got out of the car to see some so called mates, they strapped it to my head and lit it in a matter of seconds.

Did you fly very far ?
Quote from yozzer : waste of money imo
i rather spend it on beer so i still have the headache the next morning

Well, if you hold the fireworks long enough, you can enjoy it the rest of your life Not only the next morning!

Quote from beefyman666 :After having a rocket strapped to my head (was wearing a hat) and burning half my hair off a few years back, I've never touched fireworks since. I didn't even want to have this rocket strapped to my head but as soon as I got out of the car to see some so called mates, they strapped it to my head and lit it in a matter of seconds.

Indeed, so-called-friends. What a bunch of morons!

I never used any fireworks, never even lit a firecracker in my life. I just don't see the purpose of it, plus it's dangerous. I was once with a bunch of kids that did do this stuff, but I didn't hang around too long. I just don't trust fireworks and little bombs.

On another forum there is a guy who has a fish breeding pond, and some kids threw in a nitrate bomb. A lot of the fish are dead or poisoned, and it took hours to repair the tank. While in The Netherlands it isn't allowed to use that kind of fireworks when it happend a few days ago.
Quote from sgt.flippy :
On another forum there is a guy who has a fish breeding pond, and some kids threw in a nitrate bomb. A lot of the fish are dead or poisoned, and it took hours to repair the tank. While in The Netherlands it isn't allowed to use that kind of fireworks when it happend a few days ago.

What does that have to do with fireworks
That's an homemade explosive, not something you buy from the store
Quote from kingfag :What does that have to do with fireworks
That's an homemade explosive, not something you buy from the store

Actually it is. I don't think some little kid made a homemade explosive... You can buy it in stores. And frankly, I think if the kids made it at home, it would be even worse than they just bought it. They shouldn't have had it in the first place.

And actually, fireworks are explosives...
#8 - ciph
i roll my joint and enjoy the show
Quote from sgt.flippy :Actually it is. I don't think some little kid made a homemade explosive... You can buy it in stores. And frankly, I think if the kids made it at home, it would be even worse than they just bought it. They shouldn't have had it in the first place.

And actually, fireworks are explosives...

It is homemade, a bomb like that is made of (a component of) fertiliser and zinc powder. You can't buy it as a bomb, because it's highly unstable (and real explosives are much better and safer). There are tons of websites describing how to make various bombs, and most of them are made with common household stuff.

Same stuff is going on over here with Crofty bombs, that's just drain unblocker with pieces of aluminum foil.
Fireworks are illegal over here, but obviously some people still get them
#11 - Rish
Fireworks are VERY dangerous, i've learnt not to go near them when i've had a drink because all of a sudden it becomes a good idea to try to fire one from your arse not exactly an idea i'm proud of! Anyway to cut a long story short i nearly lost a cheek or 2. Now i wont go near them if i've had a drink!
Waste of money, and the ignorant twats that are going to think its funny letting them off all bloody night don't stop for a second and think that there are some poor b*st*rds that have to get up EARLY on New Years Day to go to sodding work.
Think that this subject hits a nerve?
F***ing right it does!
Quote from Rish :Fireworks are VERY dangerous, i've learnt not to go near them when i've had a drink because all of a sudden it becomes a good idea to try to fire one from your arse not exactly an idea i'm proud of! Anyway to cut a long story short i nearly lost a cheek or 2. Now i wont go near them if i've had a drink!

That moment, forever preserved in dodgy mobile phone camera footage, right .. in my phone (thanks but no thanks - Nuse)

EDIT: BOOOOOO!! Nuse is boring

#14 - Rish
thanks for that, like i said. no my proudest moment.

*IF WATCHING THAT CLIP BE WARNED ITS NOT BIG AND NOT CLEVER AND I COULD OF BEEN SERIOUSLY HURT, DONT PLAY WITH FIREWORKS*
Quote from Rish :thanks for that, like i said. no my proudest moment.

*IF WATCHING THAT CLIP BE WARNED ITS NOT BIG AND NOT CLEVER AND I COULD OF BEEN SERIOUSLY HURT, DONT PLAY WITH FIREWORKS*

I suppose you were shitting blood for a month.... what did you parents say?
Quote from Rish :Fireworks are VERY dangerous, i've learnt not to go near them when i've had a drink because all of a sudden it becomes a good idea to try to fire one from your arse not exactly an idea i'm proud of! Anyway to cut a long story short i nearly lost a cheek or 2. Now i wont go near them if i've had a drink!

No, fireworks aren't dangerous, People are dangerous.
#17 - Rish
i was lucky, i didnt get hurt!
Paul, you scare me :scared:
Quote from Rish :Now i wont go near them if i've had a drink!

I think drinking is more harmful to your long-term health then low explosives.
#20 - Nobo
Well i'll not spent a cent on fireworks because i see no sense in it to give out much money for something i shoot into the sky

But i'll have to take my brother to the super market tomorrow to buy him some stuff because he is missing some days to his 18th birthday.

Just heard in the radio that someone got killed experimenting with fireworks
I can't be bothered with fireworks - or paying to go to a display. My house backs onto a housing estate (full of toffs! :tilt and they always have (crap, but free!) fireworks displays every Bonfire Night, New Years Night and sometimes inbetween. I just watch out my bedroom window.
Quote from kingfag :It is homemade, a bomb like that is made of (a component of) fertiliser and zinc powder. You can't buy it as a bomb, because it's highly unstable (and real explosives are much better and safer). There are tons of websites describing how to make various bombs, and most of them are made with common household stuff.

Same stuff is going on over here with Crofty bombs, that's just drain unblocker with pieces of aluminum foil.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up!

And my anxiety for fire works got worse after we went to have chinese food. They blocked the streets and had lots of fireworks, they had one of those pots of fireworks. They lit it, then it fell over. It's not fun running from one of those things...
Quote from niall09 :Fireworks are illegal over here, but obviously some people still get them

Really? never knew that
There's enough people have them round here so you can enjoy someone else's for free

There's also usually a big organised display in the park across from my house, so we sit in and watch them, in the warm.

Fireworks
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG