The online racing simulator
So Long Rev RB4 WR "cheated" [HLVC detection issues]
Take a look at that hotlap. He is using an exploit that shouldn't be there: he is using the wall to slow down the car rapidly 2 times on the track and gets huge time advantage with this and LFS doesn't detect the wall hit. I hope this exploit will be removed cos its very unrealistic and sad to see hotlaps like this.
whats wrong with that? sure it unrealistic, but its not hurting anyone, and its not an unfair hotlap like those "16 seconds faster than previous tweaked" hotlaps.
What's wrong is that a wall-hit should invalidate the HL, which it obviously does not.
#4 - JTbo
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :What's wrong is that a wall-hit should invalidate the HL, which it obviously does not.

This is correct. Also it is not very sim like or realistic if you may
Watched it. Most of us would be too ashamed to upload a lap like that, even if it is HLVC valid. It's blatantly on purpose too.
At Zachary: remember csimpok isn't complaining that the lap was uploaded, just that the hlvc system at South City has some glaring problems.
Zachary: It's almost the same as using a tweaked car... Sure I could do a wr the same wall-using way but everyone can also tweak the car so why shouldn't be that allowed too...
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :whats wrong with that? sure it unrealistic, but its not hurting anyone, and its not an unfair hotlap like those "16 seconds faster than previous tweaked" hotlaps.

You really should've stopped right there (bold text)
i remember that all ppl who went thou barreas and got WR on BL1/XRT got banned, even that was HLVC so this should be banned too!
Alright, you win.
and please call me Zoomy
I think, it's up to him to decide, whether he likes this dirty WR or not and if he has any pride at all, I think he'll delete it. Maybe it's just that "omg i've set an mhr wr" feeling was so strong, that he didn't care at the time about cheating stuff. mb after cooling down he'll change his mind

Also I'd like to point out, that there are a lot of areas in SO, when it's very safe to hit a wall even quite hard, and that's a bug. I hope it would be fixed before final release
sprint 2 xrg
sprint 1 rev rb4
so long rev xrg
so chicane xrt
so chicane rb4

Those laps from him has been achieved by the same methods.

And since when the cheating/exploiting has became a bug issue?
Quote from Jonesy_ :sprint 2 xrg
sprint 1 rev rb4
so long rev xrg
so chicane xrt
so chicane rb4

Those laps from him has been achieved by the same methods.

And since when the cheating/exploiting has became a bug issue?

:eye-poppi
As far as I can see, the track itself is not set up for proper HLVC detection. So infact, I think this IS a number of bugs... for the track.
Quote from Tweaker :As far as I can see, the track itself is not set up for proper HLVC detection. So infact, I think this IS a number of bugs... for the track.

Its both. Its a bug and he cheated/exploited it.

The laps should be removed IMO.
Lol, he just made a new wr with the same technique...
Well then isnt this a big kick in the anus, lets just stick him in a race situation and see if he comes out on top see if he really is worth the WR or WR qulity.
But then again removing his records is always an idea i just think the above would be a bit more harsh.
Quote from AstroBoy :Well then isnt this a big kick in the anus, lets just stick him in a race situation and see if he comes out on top see if he really is worth the WR or WR qulity.
But then again removing his records is always an idea i just think the above would be a bit more harsh.

Don't really think think that removing "technically" invalid laps is harsh. Cheaters should be treated harsh. On CS tornaments for example...Cheater not only gets a broken nose but also getting his PC smashed too...
Ok so if I am right those hotlaps remain valid?
SO4r RB4 ..... same dude same tricks .....................
Just like add to above post and vent a little more anger, really is kick in the teeth for the hotlappers that work on a WR (trust me it definately feels like work sometimes) then after achieving a decent honest time, to have someone do the same old tricks and cheat his way to WR again.

Its been said a few times already, yes you can hit walls and get away with it , sometimes thats just a tap, or a mistake, but this guys exploits it every time.

/rant over

sorry
one should also mind the fact he is also exploiting this on other tracks, seems to be a normal technique for him.
#22 - JTbo
I find whip to be rather nice tool for behaviour training, that is perhaps what he needs, so he could understand that winning is nothing if not done honestly
sigh...

All this and still nothing have been done. It's really starting to feel like a green light for wallriding from the devs
Quote from Jonesy_ :sigh...

All this and still nothing have been done. It's really starting to feel like a green light for wallriding from the devs

You must try to understand that sometimes there are more important things in life than one particular issue on one track in one racing mode in LFS.

This bug has been reported, noted and discussed. There's no need to sigh. We get round to things in the end. We can't provide a running commentary on the progress of every bug on our list. The problem here is you forget there are other things going on, other issues to fix, other developments going on. When someone reports a issue, we don't just stop everything that is going on in life or LFS, and instantly make a new full version to fix one bug. If there was a frequent server crash, sure, we'd stop everything and fix it immediately. The importance of this hotlap issue is no way in that league.

Anyway in the discussion I had with Eric, it turns out that the walls that are hit in these hotlaps are marked as "dirt wall" so they make the right sound effect on impact. This means they bypass the HLVC protection. I plan (in the next test patch whenever that is) to switch on "dirt wall" as an HLVC wall riding violation.
Fair enough.

By anything not being done, I didn't mean developement of lfs should stop and you should fix the bug right then.

Since some hotlaps wallrided on so3 has been deleted from the lfsw in the past (can't be 100% sure if it was done by devs or by the user, but I suspect strongly the first), I tought it would have been
the case on this situation also.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG