The online racing simulator

Poll : should i get a psp?

Closed since :
no
yes
should i get a sony psp playstation portable.
should i cus i want something that i can take on the go with me...
#2 - joen
You voted yes on your own poll, so I guess that's your answer right there.
yes i have 1 but there suck....NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT buy 1 there worth it
#4 - ajp71
Personally I think they're about as useful as an iPod touch and don't look as cool. If you want one go ahead and get one but what the hell do you want it for? Are you ever actually going to watch a movie on an oversized gameboy? Are you actually going to play games on the move? If you want to listen to music what about an iPod/mp3 player/fancy phone?
u can go on the internet on it...
do it cost anything?
Quote from joen :You voted yes on your own poll, so I guess that's your answer right there.

Lollo, nothing more to add really.
Ipod touch has wifi too.

there are issues between the two though.

Ipod touch, of course you have limited amounts of space you can have on it, it currently only comes in 8gb and 16gb models.

With the PSP you can always upgrade how much space is in it with an SD(HC) card.

I'm going to buy a ipod touch because it is what I need, i've decided on the 8gb model to save money.

Keep in mind the ipod touch wasn't meant for gaming, and you can't buy movies for it etc. like you can the PSP.

Depends on what you want.
Keep in mind the price differences, a PSP costs less than $200 these days, the cheapest Ipod touch is $300.

(btw, yes the internet is free)

The more I read I'm comming across the pros and cons of both.
PSP has a much smaller battery life than the Ipod Touch, depending on what you're doing, but the Ipod touch has a 4 hour battery life while surfing the internet, 5 hours video, and up to 22 hours only audio playback.
Ipod touch obviously is a touch screen and a full easy to use UI, whereas the PSP.. is not, but then again the PSP wasn't made for the same purposes as the Ipod Touch, bot are completely different, and are not even meant to be compared.

Question is, how much money do you have, and what purpose will buying a PSP serve you?
As they say in Economics, what utility does it have to you?
i have about 335$ so i realy want a psp and games i am just asking what people think of the psp and is 170$ worth it?
For the price it is nowadays, I'd say so, but keep in mind it will always be getting cheaper and cheaper.

However it is Sony, so I can't imagine we will see updates, or.. atleast I'm surprised we haven't seen a PSP"2" yet or anything of the sort, with such horrible battery life.

I'd say go for it, but keep reading reviews on google etc.
#12 - JJ72
get a NDS
#13 - aoun
no, as much as i perfer ps over anything, nds is the best hand held thing to get!
There is a "new" PSP, teh PSP lite and PSP slim is 33% lighter and 19% slimmer but i dont think they are in US atm, but they do have the Starwars and theres another one out now, but I have ibe of the first ones and I will have to say...the batterylife sucks you can only use it for like 4 or so hours before it dies. They need to make the movies shorter or make the battery last longers because i get halfway thru the movie and the battery dies and when its charged back up I have to start at the begining AGAIN!

But to me yeah the PSP is worth it depending on what your going to be doing with it. To use the net you will need wifi spot using wireless router.
Quote from scoobyrbac :There is a "new" PSP, teh PSP lite and PSP slim is 33% lighter and 19% slimmer but i dont think they are in US atm, but they do have the Starwars and theres another one out now, but I have ibe of the first ones and I will have to say...the batterylife sucks you can only use it for like 4 or so hours before it dies. They need to make the movies shorter or make the battery last longers because i get halfway thru the movie and the battery dies and when its charged back up I have to start at the begining AGAIN!

But to me yeah the PSP is worth it depending on what your going to be doing with it. To use the net you will need wifi spot using wireless router.

yes the psp 2000 are in the us i have boh psps cause im just like that the psp 2000 is alot diffrent but a good diffrent
get a DS and an R4 card or similar for it, which lets you play movies/music/rom backups,etc. and homebrew such as the original doom or descent. Touchscreen is awesome for games.
#17 - Rish
i got a PSP when they first came out which was....however long ago, anyway i went through a patch of not picking it up for 6 months but i still pick it up now and play on it! the games are limited, hardly anyone seems to make em now. i take it on holiday, use it on the long flights and the mrs got me a speaker set to go with it so we use that instead of a stereo when we go away.
It really depends on what you want it for, if its hours of gaming then 1 your battery will die and 2 you'll have such bad crab hand you'll wish you'd never bought it. But if its more of something to take away with you listen to some music, watch a umd and play games on every now and again on then get one!

(But saying all that, i have a NDS on its way from amazon!!!)
Get a Gameboy!
Get a DS, my sister got one for Christmas, now I want one. I have never liked portable game systems, but the DS has Mario Kart!
#21 - Rish
Buy a DS, i got mine today! Looks like nintendo invented a way to free up more time for me to play LFS. The Mrs loves it!!!! No more getting it in the neck for being on my pc too long!!!
PSP is the way tbh. Touch screen is a gimmick like the wiimote, both get old quite fast tbh...the only game i even look at on ds is point blank. PSP is awesome. Ive downgraded mine and bought a 4GB card for it. Got old school PS1, NES and SNES games. original super mario ftw . Oh and the games on PSP are better imo. Also i hink you can buy a replacement battery now that seems to last longer...not got one myself so i cant comment.
#23 - vane
they gonna release a mobile phone attachment to the psp, there is a camera, a gps, it can browse without having to buy a browsing card (stupid nintendo ds) it has better game graphics than nintendo ds, and it can connect to wpa wireless encryption as opposed to nintendo only being able to do wep, they just so much better than nintendo ds, get custom firmwares which allow you to make your own games and play downloaded game(not that i do do that...), don't need to buy an sd card slot capsule to run homebrew, just put it straight on your memory stick, and if they release the phone add on then it will be all the iphone is.
#24 - Jakg
Using a PSP as a web browser is THE most retarded thing i've ever heard.

iPod Touch is ok, although a PDA would be better. Still, even as an Internet geek i would rather "go without" than try to surf the net one a portable device (this coming from someone who's had 2 PDA's, and sold 'em because they were rubbish at this exact thing).
Quote from Jakg :Using a PSP as a web browser is THE most retarded thing i've ever heard.

iPod Touch is ok, although a PDA would be better. Still, even as an Internet geek i would rather "go without" than try to surf the net one a portable device (this coming from someone who's had 2 PDA's, and sold 'em because they were rubbish at this exact thing).

But its easier to carry around and you have all in one..Inet, Games, Videos, Music..Mhmm *Pictures* and you can use whatever you have on your memory chip...4 gig's the best

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG