The online racing simulator
UF-BR server
(73 posts, started )
That's the beauty of the Baby-R's, the racing is always extremely close, usually bumper to bumper. During the Fall-Out Cup I was often witnessing 3-5 car battles for a single position. It was awesome, and it should transfer very well to the CTRA!
Ohh yeah that BabyR cup was a big succes. I loved racing in that cup. Great racing going trough a corner with 3 cars width
Always enjoyed the BabyR, was always close racing and always alot of fun.
Maybe it could be the next topic for broadcasting in a STCC fashion, though im sure thats years away from happaning but throwing it out there.
It's been a long time I had so much fun, this is one great server
this is way too good server...
Quote from -NightFly- :this is way too good server...

And you are a good driver on there

Not only great races, but great people too
Quote from Dillyracer :And you are a good driver on there

Not only great races, but great people too

+1
I wanted to add my kudos to the Fallout Cup people for "inventing" the baby R (or whoever should get the proper credit) and the CTRA for putting up a license server for it. It brings back the glory days of the UF1 server for me, and I think it's a great starting point for people who want to get points without having to drive demo cars.

I say leave it as it is now, no need to add a restricted XFR to the mix or make it multi-class.
yea no multi class anything please, more fun when everyone in the same car.
Just tried it out tonight for the first time - cracking good fun. Dunno where the last couple of hours went.
#36 - Dru
My first time on the BR Server - was worried about how it was going to be, but it was great... a few races in and there appears to lots of great racing throughout the field... in a few weeks when there is lots of set spread out then the racing from 1st to last will be uber close..
What means 45% intake restriction?
What means 45% intake restriction???
Do i have to have some kind of CTRA -license if want play on the server?

Help me!
#38 - SamH
The UF-BR requires a 45% engine intake restriction. You can set this in your setup. To help people get started, a base setup was created. You can download it here. Save to your LFS\Data\Setups directory, then when you go to Pits you will see it as a pre-defined setup. Click on the Info tab and you will see the Handicap in the bottom right corner. Here is where the intake restriction is set
Attached images
ufbr0.gif
ufbr1.gif
You are too good for this world Sam, what if they all gain access to GT2 class then they need to figure out multiple restrictions.
#40 - VoiD
:)
Thanks!
Hiya guys. I have been enjoying this server in particular over the recent weeks and has been great racing. I think that the 45% air restriction is a good thing as it makes the racing a bit tighter and more head to head.
This is what you want.

Banning/kicking isn't enabled because that can very easily be abused if people are voting without knowing what actually happened or just vote for the sake of voting.
Thanks, i just noticed it at the top of the board lol. Have edited my post.
I love the server!
It's far too generous on points, but I guess you know that already. I'm getting 3 times the points for a win/fastest lap for what I would get on Race2.
I suppose the Race2&3 + UFBR -servers should all give the same so it's not a matter of which server/car I choose to race with if I want to hold on to my spot in the rankings.
That is if the UFBR server isn't going to be a entry level server.
I'd like to suggest changing the Race1 server to use the UF-BR. It's so much more fun than the road cars.

After UF-BR was changed I went into the Race1 server several times in an attempt to improve my points. I was disappointed to find several SILVER and GOLD licensed drivers in it. Of course, they were gobbling up all the points. Kinda frustrating - why not limit the Race1 server to Copper and Bronze. I've seen posts noting that the Race2 and Race3 servers rarely have full fields - and yet, the GOLD and SILVER drivers are on Race1??? Just doesn't seem right to me.
Quote from HuckD :I'd like to suggest changing the Race1 server to use the UF-BR. It's so much more fun than the road cars.

After UF-BR was changed I went into the Race1 server several times in an attempt to improve my points. I was disappointed to find several SILVER and GOLD licensed drivers in it. Of course, they were gobbling up all the points. Kinda frustrating - why not limit the Race1 server to Copper and Bronze. I've seen posts noting that the Race2 and Race3 servers rarely have full fields - and yet, the GOLD and SILVER drivers are on Race1??? Just doesn't seem right to me.

FYI, Silver/Gold/Platinum/Titanium don't "Gobble up" all the points. They get very little points
Quote from niall09 :FYI, Silver/Gold/Platinum/Titanium don't "Gobble up" all the points. They get very little points

Indeed.

I'm a silver licensed driver because of easier points in the past, although I'm not very good in any tintop. I drive in Race 1 because the cars are slow and easy, the fields are close and the racing is good.
[quote=HuckD;657241]I'd like to suggest changing the Race1 server to use the UF-BR. It's so much more fun than the road cars.

/quote]

It basically is a second Race 1 server already, other than the fact it's a bit nicer for higher licenced drivers on points, and the fact you need Bronze to drive there, becuase total noobs in them = chaos.

UF-BR server
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG