The online racing simulator
I am bored, formula bmw car
(41 posts, closed, started )
#26 - JJ72
Nobody say anything about the FBMW mod in rfactor being crap, why bring that up?

Fact is LFS have more realistic modelling on the transmission, and if that puts you off you are free to play rfactor instead. Your choice.
I am bored of having to turn this big wheel thingy with my arms, and using these pedals. Every lap you come to a corner and it's like "oh I have to turn this wheel again" !!!!

hehe
#28 - VoiD
Some close racing whilst laying in bed and watching tv, or doing the dishes/washing would be awesome.

Or you can hire an asian for very liitle money to do the driving for you...
#29 - DeKo
Quote from gp4racer :alot of decent and stupids responses, many free time for alot of people.

I drive without auto gear nikka, I want to drive the bmw car, but I cant find the exactly moment to release the throttle, ok, lack of perfection on the gas, not as so many aliens here....anyway its just a question

then the mod created for IDT for rfactor ist crap?? I dont think so, I dont need to be permanently releasing the throtle and say...ohhh its real!!

Okay, in the FBM, as you are starting to approach the red lights on the steering wheel (top of the rev range), hold the right paddle in, just keep it pulled and keep the throttle planted, then when it reaches about the 3rd light, just blip the throttle and it will change up. this saves you having to time pressing the paddle and blipping at the same time.
Quote from gp4racer :alot of decent and stupids responses, many free time for alot of people.

It's a boring afternoon here at work

Quote from gp4racer :
I want to drive the bmw car, but I cant find the exactly moment to release the throttle, ok, lack of perfection on the gas, not as so many aliens here....anyway its just a question.

Yo have to push and hold the paddle, lift the gas, release the paddle and put gas again

Or you can use a more classic approach: lift the gas, push the paddle and push the gas again.

It's not that hard if you drive a car IRL.
@Eldanor

Love your avatar - I just wanna be one of your Wabbits
Is it real though?
First, I am not for or against the letting up on gas.

But....

Is it real? On actual cars, many of the real things, for instance, the release of the pedal to shift , ACTUALLY lets up pressure on the shifter, you can FEEL it ready to go, there is less guesswork.

Sims such as LFS only do the best they can with the given technology. When I go around a corner in my car (in real life) I hear, feel, smell, see the turn. I can feel (in the wheel, the seat, the shifter) and hear (surrounded by true sound) My whole person feels a change in Gs or gravity. I feel the subtle difference in a turn made at he limit and a turn where I went over the limit. I can reinforce that lesson in the smell of tires, the slight different shake of the car, the slight slide (be it oversteer or understeer). On the other hand a 20" widescreen monitor where I view some fractional degreee of viewing angle (as compared to real life), ABSOLUTLY no whole body (me) shake or change of G's, no smell, little sound, and maybe some fake vibration from the wheel. Don't kid yourself this (and all typical computer "simulators") is lame at best. No insult meant to LFS, it is the best.
My point is to lift to shift, is not real. Its "realer" at best. Just like if we (and some do) have clutches. The grab of the pedal etc, is not real, pehaps on expensive units its simulates a real feel. In the case of this lift to shift, it does not feel real and should be an option for all of us. In other words, if we have this, then a sequential shift should be banned from most cars. As should steering PADLES. (Even many race cars.
Some of us don't have expensive support equipment, so we should be able to switch this off.

I talk too much. I do like the lift to shit, but It should be an option for people.
Quote from Polyracer :@Eldanor

Love your avatar - I just wanna be one of your Wabbits

LOL, they seem to jump a lot after lunch... strange
When I drive the FBM I don't even use the clutch on upshifts, its a quick lift of the throttle and shift, and than back on the throttle again.

If you can't handel lifting the throttle on up shifts I realy feel sorry for any standard car you drive in real life. If you are lazy and don't want to lift off the throttle in LFS, go auto gears, thats the only way to avoid lifting.

Canadas worst driver put it best.
"Whats that burning smell?" -Jason Zhang, Episode 4: Skid Marks
Like someone else said in another thread, Y separates the men from the boys

Remember: there is a reason why LFS isn't an online racing game.
I press the clutch (g25)to shift up/down and do not release throttle. You have to do it quickly and dont abuse, cause it will overheat.
Quote from gp4racer :Very tired of release the gas pedal for can change a gear up-……any solution for this? I am no the fastest driver but this is annoying, from my point of view.

Yeah yeah , I know, realism and other things but with this car, with high revs, you have to release at a single lap almost 20 times the gas pedal

i found a solution

damn joen already beat me to it
I am bored with this breathing I have to do. Is there any way to avoid this? It's really annoying.
Yeah, I know it keeps me alive, but you have to do it all the time
Quote from geeman1 :I am bored with this breathing I have to do. Is there any way to avoid this? It's really annoying.
Yeah, I know it keeps me alive, but you have to do it all the time

Theres a new machine that's called a 'Life Support Machine', and is mainly found in hospitals. However the Docs around my area aren't too keen on me playing around with them, ans most seem to be already occupied and may need advanced bookings.
Closing this thread. It's a bit too silly and food for flaming.

Quote from salsi :I talk too much. I do like the lift to shit, but It should be an option for people.

An option? So what would be the alternative for lift to shift? Not having to lift?
Think about the consequences of having such an option - everyone would turn lifting off then, making the option in itself useless.
This thread is closed

I am bored, formula bmw car
(41 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG