The online racing simulator
Cheaters in fastest laps
(19 posts, closed, started )
Cheaters in fastest laps
I propose to ban completely fastest laps and to impose penalties when the driver put less than 2 wheels on the tarmac to avoid corners.

At the moment, honest drivers can't compete with that kind of cheaters.
This a bug forum. If your post starts with "I propose", you are not pointing out a bug, you're making a suggestion which should go in the Improvement Suggestions forum.

Now then.

Quote from pepe3000 :I propose to ban completely fastest laps

Why? Doesn't really matter anyway because that will never happen.

Quote from pepe3000 :I propose... to impose penalties when the driver put less than 2 wheels on the tarmac to avoid corners.

In hotlapping mode a detection feature is already in-place. Hitting a wall or tire barrier or putting just one wheel off the circuit in a manner which may give an unfair advantage will invalidate the lap, and if necessary the next one. It isn't perfect, but it is sufficient.

Online there isn't a way of doing such a thing, because LFS can't differentiate between someone going off in order to cut the course and someone making a mistake or driving around an accident. The solution in such cases is to design circuits in such a way that track-cutting is punished by barriers or by curbs which damage the car. Suspension damage isn't up to par yet, but it's getting there.

Never have I seen blatant track-cutting on an LFS server which isn't immediately punished. The only instances I can think of in which track-cutting is easy are the banked sections on KY Nat and KY GP Long. Many servers put up barriers there, others have auto-spectate features, and others will kick or ban. All seem to address the issue fairly well.

If you're on a server in which track-cutting is a chronic issue and nothing is being done about it, find another server.
Just check the wr...
Attached images
cheater.png
But thats hot lap, so how could he have cheated? I know he obviously did, thats an unnatural time, but we need proof...
#5 - VoiD
On Bl GP and Bl Rally there´s nothing to cut what makes you faster, just slower. So whats your problem..?
Quote from VoiD :On Bl GP and Bl Rally there´s nothing to cut which makes you faster, just slower. So whats your problem..?

lol...do I smell haxor?
That guy used to be and ok guy but hes a real jerk, and can see him cheating somehow hes in a video by someone on here his name is
=TR= Rocky7up
Quote from hugoluis :LFS Tweak.

Yeah I know...It's been released, but deleted by the mods... Few people were able to download it, including that guy And now they're spreading it through PM's..
Tweak works with hotlap? We're all screwed...but if the car is over-powerful, doesn't the replay produce an error? It does for me with the new tweak (which I might add I haven't given to anyone, and I'm not going to)...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Tweak works with hotlap?

If it does it's probably one of the reasons it hasn't been officially released yet.

But some eejits have to send it to each other via PM/e-mail anyway. :thumbsdow
Oh well, let the cheaters upload their hotlaps. They will only be found by Victor, deleted, and banned from uploading hotlaps ever again. Good penalty I think.
..and one wonders why us mods got rid of it..

This is a warning for everyone out there that has it, by sending it around to any other users you are directly voiding the agreement rules of the forum and are liable to be banned and so forth.

So, for those thinking about doing it, don't do it.
Quote from XCNuse :..and one wonders why us mods got rid of it..

This is a warning for everyone out there that has it, by sending it around to any other users you are directly voiding the agreement rules of the forum and are liable to be banned and so forth.

So, for those thinking about doing it, don't do it.

If we have downloaded it, are we allowed to use it for our own entertainment?
Um.. sure I assume, you just aren't allowed to use it online, in any cheating manner, nor spread it to any other users.

Once Robbie actually takes the time and reads the rules it may be allowed for public use.
It won't work online (tried in my own PRIVATE-ified server to see if haxors could cheat on it :tilt

It comes up with a Car Set ENG error or something similar
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It won't work online (tried in my own PRIVATE-ified server to see if haxors could cheat on it :tilt

It comes up with a Car Set ENG error or something similar

i agree ive try on a prvt server and i was constantly losing my connection sayin JOOBS---ENG sumtin like that...and you need to restart the game or you will still lose connection!

i like that, it dont allow to cheat online thats what we want, it just need a licence protector!
Sorry, discussion over, all cheaters will be taken care of by the means necesary, sorry if this has caused negative effects on you, but we are taking care of the situation.
just want to add that the uploader was already banned earlier today. These things should simply be reported and I'll take care of it hard and swiftly. Hotlap cheating means instant ban for life.
This thread is closed

Cheaters in fastest laps
(19 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG