The online racing simulator
Shikane Drifters 2007
(12 posts, started )
#1 - FQ400
Shikane Drifters 2007
This is our first promo video for 2007. We are in the process of filming and making our first 2008 video so once that is out I will post that as well. You can see our video through the link below. Keep checking back for our 2008 video. All comments are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gCo8S2v_hY
Tip #1 - Use FRAPS, gamecam is terrible.
Tip #2 - All the footage is skippy and unclear, its hard to see whats going on. Use simple camera angles to let us see whats actually happening.
Tip #3 - Song didn't really suit the video.
And I'd also add to record at half or lower speed because the FPS in this vid is awful
#4 - FQ400
Alright thanks guys I'll keep all these in mind when editing the new video.
I've heard that song in Drift Alliance's (real life) promo vid, and tbh is only suits it. Doesn't fit your vid really well
1) FPS are so low, you can get a calculator to run LFS smoother (record at .125 and then speed up 8 times in editor)
2) Gamecam watermark is HUGE - fraps works better
3) it's very creative to block the view with a white figure from 42 to 47 seconds, unfortunately - it looks bad
4) in car views look bad if you don't give them "this is really what the driver sees" effect...
5) jerky camera
6) whoopie, burnouts in a drift video... master class driving
7) a hell lot of high fov moments... high fov looks bad
8) 3:55 XRT doing a burnout by sticking its front bumper into the wall... now THAT, has just made the whole team.... look like they have no idea about what "driving" is...

NOW

1) learn to drive properly to show you are not a bunch of noobs for a video, even if it means having no fun (I still don't know what the fun is in donuts and burnouts with the help of the wall, but meh, I don't care)

2) if youre going to overlay the video with something - make sure it fits the style of the video, and make sure that the video is sill visible

3) read the tutorial on movie making which is a sticky here to improve almost at all the problematic things you are having

verdict - unwatchable (Sad, it could be a lot better)
I liked the video but didnt like the music. Not only the style but it didnt really match the video.

But its ok. Good job

*Off Topic*
103rd post woo got about 80 posts in less then a month
lol i liked the music! Euro trash techno beats are not the only music to drift to.
#9 - FQ400
Ok, thanks for all the criticism on the movie. I understand the footage isn't the best, but this is when we had problems on the team, and I didn't make the video. The team is back and 4 times stronger than ever. The new video will be nothing like this. I will be editing the footage through Sony Vegas Pro. Anyone else have any ideas or criticism?
:P cool to see that your now a s2 team
Quote from FQ400 :Anyone else have any ideas or criticism?

that usually doesn't happen after I have done some point to point criticism
forget to put on shadows ? lol

Shikane Drifters 2007
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG