The online racing simulator
FFB settings?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Mako.
FFB settings?
Well, because of all the hype with the XRT being removed from the demo, and the "broke dorifto association" and all, I decided to actually try drifting! :OMG!1111!!!!!!!111111111!11!11!1!:

So, I logged on, got patch y, got a drift setup from a friend, and logged onto a server. it was I think, KY GP. I tried my best, but I had a lot of trouble, even after I practiced for 4 hrs, I didnt FEEL like there was much improvement. Here's the hook, through. Yesterday, I had a lot of trouble with the DFP, I kept trying out different FF settings, and I just could not wrestle the wheel, I always reacted too slow, and couldn't turn it fast enough to do much of anything!

I had it at 50 at first, and then went all the way down to 35... still sucked at it. Today, however, I went on an auto-x setup for drifting, on some server, and had a ton of fun, WITH MY WHEEL SET TO 100ffb! And I kind of did it subconsciously, not even noticing it untill I pause for a sec, and went.. "wait.... holy shit, WTF?"

Then, I progressively got worse and worse for some reason... maybe it was just the wheel overheated or something and didnt react as fast, maybe it was me, dunno. But, I had quite a bit of trouble with it. I dunno how I even really did it, but all I know, is that it felt EASIER than 50! Does anyone else get this?
Quote from Mako. :
So, I logged on, got patch y, got a drift setup from a friend, and logged onto a server. it was I think, KY GP. I tried my best, but I had a lot of trouble, even after I practiced for 4 hrs, I didnt FEEL like there was much improvement. Here's the hook, through. Yesterday, I had a lot of trouble with the DFP, I kept trying out different FF settings, and I just could not wrestle the wheel, I always reacted too slow, and couldn't turn it fast enough to do much of anything!

I had it at 50 at first, and then went all the way down to 35... still sucked at it. Today, however, I went on an auto-x setup for drifting, on some server, and had a ton of fun, WITH MY WHEEL SET TO 100ffb! And I kind of did it subconsciously, not even noticing it untill I pause for a sec, and went.. "wait.... holy shit, WTF?"

Then, I progressively got worse and worse for some reason... maybe it was just the wheel overheated or something and didnt react as fast, maybe it was me, dunno. But, I had quite a bit of trouble with it. I dunno how I even really did it, but all I know, is that it felt EASIER than 50! Does anyone else get this?

When I still had a DFP, I grew very tired trying to drift and got progressively worse in a while. But isn't 100% in LFS just too much? Have you tried setting the DFP in "hardware 100% FFB" mode, by pressing "right paddle+select+L3" (or something similar, can't remember)? I think it helped a bit.
#3 - Mako.
That's just the thing... you would THINK that it's too high, but I drifted a hell of a lot with it today, and didnt even notice!

This was after I read the "deathgrip thread" and tried to relax while driving.
The DFP is annoying. Becuase of all the noise that thing makes when you turn the wheel, you almost feel intimidated by it, at least I did. G25 is a different story. Alot quieter than the DFP and I have no problems catching slides, drifing, etc with it.
#5 - Mako.
Yeah, I'm deffinitely getting a G25 soon. Should I get "used" to save money, or new to be shure it wont break? Don't these have warranties or something, anyway?
Just grab a new one for piece of mind and warranty
The DFP has a fair bit of internal resistance when your trying to turn the wheel fast so it makes catching slides really hard. It's even worse if the force feedback is turned up.

When I had my DFP and still with my G25 I use only around 20% FFB which gives fairly light resistance when driving normally and then gives me good feed back as to what the car is doing rather then me fighting the resistance.

This is also a really good way to have the wheel setup if your desk is weak and wobbles
#7 - Mako.
Oh, it wobbled last night! I'm surprized that my printer didnt fly off the top shelf and hit me on the head.
turn off everything except the ffb in the profiler. If thats no help then too bad cause its the dfps fault, and save up some money for a G25 to solve the problem.
#9 - Mako.
Quote from legoflamb :turn off everything except the ffb in the profiler. If thats no help then too bad cause its the dfps fault, and save up some money for a G25 to solve the problem.

You know what's funny about that? The shifter on my DFP has been a bit sloppy lately on the downshifts.

FFB settings?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG