The online racing simulator
Reaction time in 1/4 mile race instead of total time
Hi.
I played today offline in 1/4 mile race. I think it would be nice to have reaction time (RT) instead of Total time in table of results because total time is same as one "lap" time.
Cheers

PS. i was looking for thread like this but didnt fount any. Sorry if its repost.
#2 - dev
+1
#3 - Osco
together with proper staging and christmas tree, +1
Good idea, +111 support from me
+1111111111111
Also with a proper drag car :P
also with proper burnouts!
also with proper parachute! :revs:
also with proper... can't think of anything else to add, but it would be great to have all this!
Quote from AmirTiti :also with proper parachute! :revs:

if we get a real drag car.

+1 for proper staging, and burnouts.
+2 for proper drag racing
I actually made a track setup on the dragstrip that accurately measures 60' time and 1/8th mile time. I have a trigger directly at the start line that you would roll up to and launch from (getting as close as possible without starting the timer).

Ive been using it for awhile with LFS tweak.

Use it in practice mode.
Attached files
AU1_drag.lyt - 1.6 KB - 268 views
You can get reaction time using an auto-x layout. Just put the 1st checkpoint at the very end of the stage area. That's how it is timed in RL, right?
Quote from wheel4hummer :You can get reaction time using an auto-x layout. Just put the 1st checkpoint at the very end of the stage area. That's how it is timed in RL, right?

No, that is total time. Reaction time is how long it takes for you to react to launch off the line when the light goes green. Example-
RT-
John Force- 0.102
Eddie Hill- 0.146

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG