The online racing simulator
Quote from niall09 :Well said Thumbs up

Too many pussies around here Tilt

Definitely sticky that.

I wish I could slap each and every one of those cry-babies for being such dumb asses. "Wah wah, I don't know how to drive and I'm burning the clutch, wah wah, it's too hard, wah wah". Here, suck it on this Thumbs up you m.f. babies.

Keep fighting the good fight. The Intellectuals shall prevail.
Well said Tweak Thumbs up
#53 - joen
Quote from deggis :
This is kind of a Reformation, to swipe away the wrong substance from the community (probably going to get lots of haters after saying this :yummySmile. Players who do not see a single positive thing in patch Y are not clearly playing the right game. Then again all this just shows that LFS has already attracted "wrong" kind of players who seemingly can not adapt to the new harder rules.

That's exactly how I see it as well.

Quote from Rooble :
I guess the main gripe I have with this new patch is the way things came to be and how they were implemented, no one really had any say and we've usually had some sort of input into the grand scheme of things. And no this does not mean that Scawen should go ahead and develop what we want, when we want, But I feel we should get a say on things being removed or added as after all this isn't a full product.

Have you followed the test patch thread at all? If you did, you would know some things were changed/corrected and compromises were made.
I have driven about 800 km the last 2 days using the FBM and I never burned the clutch, so what are people doing?

When I take a look at my shelf I see many games I bought that I haven´t really played or haven´t played a long time.

But I always come back to LFS and I´m not a hardcore racer! Knowing LFS is simply there to pick it up some time is what I need!

Patch Y is a great step of development, I like to think about shifting!
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Who the hell would buy the game after this. LFS is garbage now.

Glad I don`t need to see you anymore. Get the Fook out of here. You got a free new car that is great, and still you complain. Damn you, leave,we don`t want to see you here anymore.
Damned demo users, complaining when they even haven`t payed ONE single buck for the game. Buy the game then if you miss the XRT, not come here and whine.
I do hope that soon demo users aren`t allowed to write on the forum, because your fine example of idiots that should be banned from the forum aswell.
Quote from NikLaw :I have driven about 800 km the last 2 days using the FBM and I never burned the clutch, so what are people doing?

They must be demo drifters who keep applying the clutch in the XRG while cornering, trying to drift
well said Tweaker Thumbs up
" Originally Posted by chrisfromda909 View Post
Who the hell would buy the game after this. LFS is garbage now."
I just bought lfs s2 3 hours ago, the game is great!
Thankyou Skawen!
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Patch Y is the worst thing that has happened to LFS yet. LFS is not a simulator at all. Far from it. Getting rid of the XRT and adding that weak piece of crap F1 car is a joke. Definitely will not be buying this game ever now. Ill stick to networking on Patch V.

guess you've proved your not a race fan if you think thats an f1 car

and they havent got rid of the XRT, juts stoppped you from scrounging it for nothing, still if you are unwilling to pay the price of S2 then you really can't have been a big fan of the car can you ? unless of course thats too costly for you

finally you should think about the fact that as a demo user you never paid anything so the devs won't miss you as i'm pretty sure that at a future date you wouldn't have been paying for s3 and since you've been on theis forum for for 23 months and contributed 9 posts i suspect that you never were going to buy s2
#60 - mr_x
Tweak.. well said.

However:
I don't like patch Y, nor do I hate it. I find it indifferent from X really, all I have to do now to shift is lift my foot off the throttle. That's the only real difference for me.

I think it's time for mods to act on these threads being opened up saying "back to X" or whatever, they should be all merged together, or deleted.
Quote from UruNico2641 :Honestly, I just got tired of complaining, and whats worse, I don't have enough money to buy S2... so now I am going to just lay back from LFS, its been a great part of my life, but Patch Y ruins demo users... and to be honest..

I know that S2 people don't care... but seriously, wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if you couldn't afford it, and you couldn't use the most used car in LFS History?

Oh well... I'm gonna regrettably start searching for something else.. Frown

I will never forget LFS, but I just don't have the same feeling now with Patch Y... its just not as fun.. I just wish S2 was budget friendlier.

Nick

PS. Happy Holidays.

There's something I don't get in your post (and in other one's too).
You can aford a computer and an internet connection (quite expensive), maybe a wheel too (even a cheap one cost something like 2 time LFS) and you can't buy a licence?
yeah well said,

i see it also in this way , sometimes you need to make dissions that not everyone like, and still remember its a real racingsim, not a lasysim , so lifting at shifting is real Thumbs upCool

greats,

Reint Jan Hoiting
#63 - wien
Quote from Rooble :I'm not here to knock LFS because I love it, but I am sick of the 'other side' banging on about how 'real' and 'great' it is and that anyone who fails to see/accept that must be a complete and utter idiot that cannot deal with the extremely minor changes.

Who's saying anything of the sort? People are saying the new clutch is MORE realistic than not having a proper clutch at all. Is this wrong? Should we turn it back because people can't handle it? I've seen absolutely no-one hail LFS as a perfect reproduction of reality, just the closest one available.

And GPL? Are you having a laugh? "Hard-core"? Sure. Difficult? Hell yeah! But realistic?
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Who the hell would buy the game after this. LFS is garbage now.

What are u saying? Uh-hu You probably live in garbage because you cant save up £24 after 2 years of playing the demo. People like you should be thrown off the face of the earth, the demo is a demonstration. Your very lucky, you know, you get a single seater now, along with a FW and a RW. Surelay taking away the XRT would give you a better inscentive to buy s2, or even s1 (£12)
#65 - BURN
what is funny is if you say LFs isn't realistic enough your head gets bitten off... and now it is finally developing into a sim the devs wanted it to be people complain it's too realistic. ShrugShrugShrug

LFS is now getting proper good... but does it matter wht i think, or you? NOPE!!!!

It's scawan, vitotr and the other ones project... it's THEIR little baby, and it would be rude of me to complain! something i know undestand
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Definitely will not be buying this game ever now. Ill stick to networking on Patch V.

Wait!! Wait! Wouldn't that be too rash a decision? After all, you took 2 years to evaluate the previous releases, perhaps you need some more time to think this over? Try it out for another year or so, then decide if you want to spend all those precious $$$ on LFS.

But seriously... You have been freeloading for so long, and then have the gall to complain?? ROFL Razz
As I said before,

Quote from jayhawk :

With this patch we will probably lose about....I say 15% of the racers at the very most, and probably gain back nearly 30% when the FBM becomes more widely known next year.

I, for one, am very excited about the future of Live For Speed. Sadly, people naturally dwell on the negative and dismiss the positive.

To me, this is the beginning of a very exciting era in development.
Count me in as someone who really likes the new patch. The different gearboxes really add to the feel of the cars and if you've been burning the clutch in the FBM I'd love to know how. My only gripe at the moment is not that I have to manually blip the throttle on downshift, but that I *can't* blip it of downshift. I don't have room on my desk for a wheel and so I drive using a joystick which means that for me throttle and brake are combined axis. I can't hit the throttle while braking. The control setup screen lets me bind a button to throttle as well as an axis but it doesn't work. Frown *nudges Scawen hopefully* This makes things a bit hairy braking into corners sometimes so I have to modulate the brakes a bit and I've also discovered as a result of that that it is in fact perfectly possible to drift the FBM Razz And as far as the demo doriftobaka crowd go, if you can't drift the XRG then you badly need to practice. Came back and talk to us once you've learned to drive.

Kudos to Scavier generally and w00t for Y.
Quote from UruNico2641 :Honestly, I just got tired of complaining, and whats worse, I don't have enough money to buy S2... so now I am going to just lay back from LFS, its been a great part of my life, but Patch Y ruins demo users... and to be honest..

I know that S2 people don't care... but seriously, wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if you couldn't afford it, and you couldn't use the most used car in LFS History?

Oh well... I'm gonna regrettably start searching for something else.. Frown

I will never forget LFS, but I just don't have the same feeling now with Patch Y... its just not as fun.. I just wish S2 was budget friendlier.

Nick

PS. Happy Holidays.

Jesus dude its not a lot of cash really, the fact you have a computer goes some way to saying your not on the poverty line.

Scavier and co work there arses off and its about time a lot of the demo users that have been sponging off the demo for years pay up.

The fact you say its been a great part of your life is more than enough proof you should be paying for your pleasure.

PAY UP TIGHT WADS!!!
If you want it that bad, find someone that is willing to pay you minimum wage for 5 hours (this is all in the US of course, I don't know what the UK standards are or anywhere else to be honest), and you can afford S1.

Or, if you're young enough, ask for it for Christmas, it's just around the corner you know!
Quote from XCNuse :If you want it that bad, find someone that is willing to pay you minimum wage for 5 hours (this is all in the US of course, I don't know what the UK standards are or anywhere else to be honest), and you can afford S1.

Or, if you're young enough, ask for it for Christmas, it's just around the corner you know!

Young enough? I'm 37 and if I didn't have the cash for an S2 license I'd probably ask my wifeto buy it for my birthday or Christmas. Smile You're never too old for presents or LFS
Quote from Resound :Young enough? I'm 37 and if I didn't have the cash for an S2 license I'd probably ask my wifeto buy it for my birthday or Christmas. Smile You're never too old for presents or LFS

So next goal should be to ask your wife to buy you a DFP. Or even better, buy it by yourself! Don´t let your wife decide over your life! Your 37, stand up for your rights!

Merry Xmas! Tilt
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Patch Y is the worst thing that has happened to LFS yet. LFS is not a simulator at all. Far from it. Getting rid of the XRT and adding that weak piece of crap F1 car is a joke. Definitely will not be buying this game ever now. Ill stick to networking on Patch V.

LOL!

Just about to buy it were you? You have had the demo for nearly 2 years.

You have contributed NOTHING to LFS, but want the world in return.
Quote from Resound :Count me in as someone who really likes the new patch. The different gearboxes really add to the feel of the cars and if you've been burning the clutch in the FBM I'd love to know how. My only gripe at the moment is not that I have to manually blip the throttle on downshift, but that I *can't* blip it of downshift. I don't have room on my desk for a wheel and so I drive using a joystick which means that for me throttle and brake are combined axis. I can't hit the throttle while braking. The control setup screen lets me bind a button to throttle as well as an axis but it doesn't work. Frown *nudges Scawen hopefully* This makes things a bit hairy braking into corners sometimes so I have to modulate the brakes a bit and I've also discovered as a result of that that it is in fact perfectly possible to drift the FBM Razz And as far as the demo doriftobaka crowd go, if you can't drift the XRG then you badly need to practice. Came back and talk to us once you've learned to drive.

Kudos to Scavier generally and w00t for Y.

+1. I also use a joystick. My understanding has always been that most cars with sequential (i.e. paddle shift) transmissions will do throttle cut/blipping for you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG