The online racing simulator
Quote from UruNico2641 :Oh well... I'm gonna regrettably start searching for something else..

..and when you find something for free that gives you as much as LFS does then let us all know, ok?
Quote from Tweaker : For all the drifters out there, you might as well buy S2 for a change... after playing on demo for nearly 4 straight years :doh:. Probably all of you are clearly capable of having some cash in your pocket to buy stuff... otherwise how on earth do you stay alive?

:clapclap: Well said. Gotta love the full version.
WHY, oh why, did they remove the XRT from Demo???
Man! Now I have to stand driving with the XRG instead? Or is that to include all TBO cars as S1?

(Well, at least that's what I read in the LFS main site.)
maybe to make people who like drifting consider buying s2?
There is a really simple solution for Demo'ers who don't like the fact that the XRT is now missing...............
#31 - aoun
I know this may be harsh and people will flame me for this, but saying you cant afford it, rubbish.. !!

If you can connect to the internet, own a computer, have a steering wheel, im sure you could save even £2 now and then.. say £2 a week. If youve been a demo user for 3 months (Alot have been longer, much longer), thats £24. Done.
:iagree:
#33 - JTbo
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Man! Now I have to stand driving with the XRG instead? Or is that to include all TBO cars as S1?

(Well, at least that's what I read in the LFS main site.)

S1 will have all TBO cars, you can check which cars and tracks are included from here

Hope to see you in S1 or S2
Quote from Tweaker :I don't understand why people are so frustrated with Patch Y. What is the problem with it? Everyone here posting threads about things they don't like being changed, and that Patch X was fine.... To be honest, I don't think there are HUGE differences from Patch X to Patch Y. Physics-wise, the driving feel and handling still feels the same, and only new shifting methods have been introduced. You'd need to get your head checked if you can't figure out how to shift the car properly.

Then all these complaints about the XRT being removed from the demo. BIG DEAL, what was so special about that car anyways? It isn't remarkably different from the XRG variant, it just has more power and turbo :rolleyes:. Granted it is a fun car to drive, the devs still need to demonstrate a racecar (something with slick tyres) in the demo. For all the drifters out there, you might as well buy S2 for a change... after playing on demo for nearly 4 straight years :doh:. Probably all of you are clearly capable of having some cash in your pocket to buy stuff... otherwise how on earth do you stay alive?

There are loads of other fixes and improvements. But for some reason people are viewing them as a step in the wrong direction. While we have to get used to some changes, the game is still LIVE FOR SPEED, and it didn't suddenly change into some piece of junk you need to scream about.

I think all the hard work Scawen has put into this patch is definitely something to reward him for. I think if Eric could have had the new interiors done for Patch Y that would shut you all up... however there are still good changes from him in this patch, and that is enough to be happy about for a gift from the devs. Or else you sound like a kid that didn't get his Nintendo for X-Mas... so go cry and mope under your pillow, don't come on here and expect to be playing Patch X again.

If there are things that have a common agreement for change, then it will probably be fixed later. This isn't the end of the world,.

Get used to it. Happy Holidays.

you say that cuz u have S2.....look at all the demo drifters. xrgt turbo was the only car they could really drift in.....i was gonna buy S1 soon but when this patch came out i wonna buy it even faster....i say the lfs took xrgt out to make more money and it blows.....
#35 - aoun
The only thing that is down hill with Patch Y IMO, is some of the community complaining. I just don't get how people think this should be an arcade game. Ive said many times before, Gran Turismo is a perfect Game. It has the most immaculate graphics you will ever see (ps3 and even ps2). I played NFS pro street with my mates the other night and damn its a fun game too.

If live for speed was ment to be an arcade game, why would people want it anyway? Id stick to GT series thankyou . Im playing LFS because, EVEN though its not 100% real, its the closest thing to get to real life.
The patch is a step in the right direction but it is still far from what it needs to become, but I am sure it will get there. I was hoping that the clutch/gearbox simulation in this patch would have been at least as good as nKPro is but I guess we still need to wait for some time to get there.

The clutch needs to be adjustable at the very least for button clutchers. Let us decide how fast the clutch is depressed and released accuratly and as seperate settings. Let us decide how hard or easy we want to be on the clutch and suffer the concequences. Shifting now is just wrong and feels nothing like any of my real cars. It feels like the shifter is shrouded in tar.
Patch Y is the worst thing that has happened to LFS yet. LFS is not a simulator at all. Far from it. Getting rid of the XRT and adding that weak piece of crap F1 car is a joke. Definitely will not be buying this game ever now. Ill stick to networking on Patch V.
#38 - aoun
Enjoy
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Patch Y is the worst thing that has happened to LFS yet. LFS is not a simulator at all. Far from it. Getting rid of the XRT and adding that weak piece of crap F1 car is a joke. Definitely will not be buying this game ever now. Ill stick to networking on Patch V.

Demo users have no right to complain, because they DON'T OWN THE GAME. Buy S2 and you can bitch and whine all you want.
Who the hell would buy the game after this. LFS is garbage now.
Quote from chrisfromda909 :Who the hell would buy the game after this. LFS is garbage now.

I bet anything the reason you are so pissed is because your favorite dorifto car is gone. It had been planned for a while, and if the FBM didnt come along, the demo may have ended up with the FOX. The demo is a demonstration of S2, and it wasn't working out with 95% of the demoers drifting blackwood with no plans of buying S2.
Quote from niall09 :Well said

Too many pussies around here

hahahahaha made me laugh a lot hahaha quoted!
What do you mean the XRT is gone? It's right there in the game.

Oh, you only got the demo. Sorry, didn't notice that.

BWAHAHAHA! Ain't life a bitch!
Well, Demo Racers we'Re satisfied with the demo content, now they'll eighter have to claim they can drift FBM OR buy the game.
#45 - aoun
Quote from h3adbang3r :Demo users have no right to complain, because they DON'T OWN THE GAME. Buy S2 and you can bitch and whine all you want.

I don't think any one of us has the right to complain, Seriously, we get this so cheap and we get to communicate with the creators.
Quote from aoun :I don't think any one of us has the right to complain, Seriously, we get this so cheap and we get to communicate with the creators.

Actually, I agree. The only thing you should be able to complain about are bugs in the game.
#47 - aoun
Exactly! I wouldnt say complain, just inform.

We have the right to Suggest, Inform, Give own Opinions.

They give a top professional service, They arnt rude to us or give us 100% dates and miss them. So, we have no right to complain.
Quote from aoun :Exactly! I wouldnt say complain, just inform.

We have the right to Suggest, Inform, Give own Opinions.

They give a top professional service, They arnt rude to us or give us 100% dates and miss them. So, we have no right to complain.

Hadn't thought about it that way. You're right though. Or maybe it's that we don't have a reason to complain.
I am enjoying patch Y and all but the only aspect of Y that I dont like is the renaming of setup and colour files. Was there good parts about changing the filenames, because I was wondering why they were changed. Anyway the reason I dont like the change is none of these setup renamers seem to be working for me :mad: but thats not Live for speed's problem, its the fact that all computers hate me for some reason

EDIT: Actually the name changer did work, my .NET framework wasnt working for some reason before. Well now I like everything about Live for speed Y
There is a good reason for the renaming. Many programs handle spaces in filenames very badly.

Renaming your sets is a pain but because there are physics updates they propably aren't so good sets anymore.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG