The online racing simulator
Blackwood grass
(9 posts, started )
Blackwood grass
Hi...

Im just driving around blackwood track (new one) and something is quite strange

Is it possible to fix this bug ? I think that the grass in the car isnt so real

And sorry if this was requested before...
Attached images
grassbug.jpg
This is a bug that has existed since grass textures were first implemented. I don't think there's a quick fix to this, though (other than a lawn mower).
Quote from AndroidXP :This is a bug that has existed since grass textures were first implemented. I don't think there's a quick fix to this, though (other than a lawn mower).

yep, Im now driving FE4 on X10 and its same...

some fast fix will be good
Easy solution :

Upgrade the game to DX10. Then update the physics. Then when you drive into some high grass, it will be nicely squeezed under the car.

But, how the game is build, I don`t see an easy way to fix that.
Quote from The Very End :Easy solution :

Upgrade the game to DX10.

:doh:

I know it was a joke post, but why so many people think DX10 is a magic tool of ultra realism is beyond me...
No idea, my graphic card only, or does kind of support Dx9, sometimes... Anyway, it`s all about the game physics really, not the Dx version.

And btw, would be shoting my own leg because I can`t run games with Dx10, hell I barelly can run LFS atm lol.
It isn't possible.

However, the grass can be set as a physical object, and when you drive over it, it lays flat, and once you pass over it, it goes back.
That would be a sh*tload of physics going on though that wouldn't be necesary, but would be pretty cool to see.

Right now though it is just a texture with an alpha layer, and has no "mass" basically, so you drive through it, and of course, you can see it when you pass through it.
So, best solution will be make the grass littlebit lower
OR not to drive on the grass
not drive in the grasS!! haha interesting response

Blackwood grass
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG