The online racing simulator
dfp help again please :( 900degree
Hi, I'm using a DFP on a PC. Steering wheel worked perfectly the first month, but since a few weeks it looses its center calibration point very often, have to turn the wheel a bit left or right to center. What I tried :
- Unplugging USB and reconnecting
- Steering left-right completely, slowly and faster
- Go to 900 mode and back to 200 mode, changes the center point slightly sometimes, but not exactly to the middle

90 % of time the center calibration is a bit off.

how do i fix it with dxtweak2 ? help
#2 - Woz
Quote from savvyawes :Hi, I'm using a DFP on a PC. Steering wheel worked perfectly the first month, but since a few weeks it looses its center calibration point very often, have to turn the wheel a bit left or right to center. What I tried :
- Unplugging USB and reconnecting
- Steering left-right completely, slowly and faster
- Go to 900 mode and back to 200 mode, changes the center point slightly sometimes, but not exactly to the middle

90 % of time the center calibration is a bit off.

how do i fix it with dxtweak2 ? help

Do you normally lose calibration after a smash. If so press F10 and see if there are any orange bars. If so its just susspension damage and not your wheel.
no its not suspension damage.. the wheel is not centred in 900 degree mode ever

help
Ctrl + C reinitialises the controller.
You are better of doing it while stationary so you can move the wheel lock to lock and press the pedals all the way down. Just to make sure the full range has been registered.
As to why its happening in the first place, dunno, I have had the same wheel for a few months now with no problem.

On a side note, I found this thread useful, especially post #5. You can change the degrees of rotation of the wheel without closing LFS, changes in the wingman profiler happen straight away
Thanks mantis..
Also to savvyawes - do you have the latest drivers installed (4.60)?

Did you install any of the other wingman team "fixes"? If so uninstall them as they are not needed.

It sounds to me like you need to get a clean installation of the drivers. My DFP NEVER has that problem..

Try unplugging the device, uninstalling drivers via add/remove programs, and then deleting-
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LGS460Inst
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\WingMan Software
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\WMDrivers

Then reboot and reinstall drivers, and only plug in DFP when asked by drivers.

Also don't use DXTweak profiles for the DFP- it really is not needed.

Also try setting the calibration lock to not locked in LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG