The online racing simulator
LFS Patch Y Setup Renamer
(75 posts, started )
Quote from Minimaxman :One thing that perhaps needs to be made clear for those not as clued up as the rest (*cough*ME*cough*) is that when the old skins folder is renamed and placed in the new colours folder, the user still needs to copy the old skins into the new skins folder aswell.

There should be no changes in the skins folder structure if you're updating from patch X?
Nice application René !

you rocks
Thanks
Thanx
please excuse my computer illiteracy. it is appaling, I know.

but was is .NET Framework 2.0?

and will splattaels' program work if I don't have .NET whatever it is.
thanks so much!
nevermind me, I tried the .NET program, and it worked like a charm, all setups were changed in about 1 second.
Quote from NoPistons :but was is .NET Framework 2.0?

I used Wikipedia for some help to answer your question correctly:
Quote :
The Microsoft .NET Framework is a software component that is a part of Microsoft Windows operating systems. It provides a large body of pre-coded solutions to common program requirements, and manages the execution of programs written specifically for the framework. The .NET Framework is a key Microsoft offering, and is intended to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

And yes, if I understood correctly there is no need for this framework if you use splattael's application.
You will notice soon enough if the .NET Framework isn't installed on your pc though. The error message will tell you without any harm done

EDIT: Good to hear it worked I'll leave this post in case someone else is wondering about the same question.
Quote from NoPistons :please excuse my computer illiteracy. it is appaling, I know.

but was is .NET Framework 2.0?

Hey mate,

Just been in the same boat as you and the answer is yes the .NET doesn't work for me, But the other one did second time round (don't ask me why )

Thanks for the program works a treat, very quick!
Thanks
Thanks for the proggy
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
Thanks
The .NET version worked first time for me. Thought my settings were lost forever, thanks Traxxion.
Quote from traxxion :Hehe thanks! It's good to hear it works and I'm glad to be of service
For me it's the first time releasing software for public use, so any feedback is much appreciated

Thanks for the program! Quick, fast and easy. 107 files renamed! Imagine doing that by hand.

What other programs do you work on?
Thanks worked like a charm coppied 958 setups imagaine doing that by hand
Thank you
That Program has saved me a lot of time. Thanks again traxxion
congrats on doing some useless job, everything is changed and old setups are USELESS. Just make new one's.
Why cant i get this download to work. Everytime i download it, it call´s the program for a EFW.file and not a .rar filen i can unpack.. This is weird?? Could someone help`?

Thanks
Quote from koolby :congrats on doing some useless job, everything is changed and old setups are USELESS. Just make new one's.

Some cars behave as with previous patch, thus many setups are still usable or can be used as a base for building new setups.
Oh my good it was easy, thank you so much........
Thanks for the roses everyone!

Quote from koolby :congrats on doing some useless job, everything is changed and old setups are USELESS. Just make new one's.

I'd think the old setups are a good base, when developing / adapting setups for the new physics? But if it turns out the old setups really are completely useless, you can still use the app for renaming the car's colour schemes.
Well, i'm installing the framework now. It appears as if the new install has deleted ALL of my old setups. in the setups folder, all i see are the race_s setups for each of the vehicles... what happened?
Thanks! It was very useful, saved a lot of time for me .
Weeeeeell!!!

Helped me too!!!

Happy holidays to all racers
Quote from Kris-Is-Awesome :Well, i'm installing the framework now. It appears as if the new install has deleted ALL of my old setups. in the setups folder, all i see are the race_s setups for each of the vehicles... what happened?

There has been a change in the folder structure and file name format with the launch of LFS patch Y. That's exactly what this application is for.. if you select the old "settings" directory in your LFS folder, it will rename the files to patch Y standards and place them in the appropriate folders.

LFS Patch Y Setup Renamer
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG