The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
Quote from Dalek0220 :NOOBS.

And digi-speedo removal. Not all real cars have a digi-speedo, they have an anolgue one.

[/end unrant]

But these cars on the track xfg for example.........if you can change the gear ratio, suspension, brake pressure, tyre type, camber etc etc why is it sooooo unresonable to 'install' an aftermarket clock kit Wink

(oh and i just did 30 laps on blackwood in the xfg to get used to analog speedo, no major change i suppose, and i didnt cook the clutch.....and i didnt drive any differently from patch x......wel i did.......i had the heater on brrrrrrrrr)
Quote from TKD-Wolf : but just because I don't like Patch Y doesn't mean I'd want to go buy NFS instead of GT5..

lol nfs ?? if someone just uninstall lfs(best racing car simulation (for me)) for install nfs(worst race game ever(mario kart is better)) beacause they cry about the new patch ... this guy will win the 1st prize for "the best stupid guy ever"
----
the new patch is the best now. i dont know why evryone is crying soo if they are not happy why they updated to "Y" just stay to "X" its simple ... lol

now stop talkshit, play and enjoy of all of what you get

ps: sorry for bad english Smile
Quote from LFSn00b :Because they're road cars?

My road car has a Digital display ;D.

'91 Nissan 240SX.
Quote from luftrofl :My road car has a Digital display ;D.

'91 Nissan 240SX.

Mine too Smile but i cant find the levers to change gear ratio! Big grin

All im trying to say is maybe the 'weak' cars have a bit too much customisabiltyizeration (Thumbs up) but digi clock are a no-no?lol
#80 - JTbo
Quote from leigh76 :Mine too Smile but i cant find the levers to change gear ratio! Big grin

All im trying to say is maybe the 'weak' cars have a bit too much customisabiltyizeration (Thumbs up) but digi clock are a no-no?lol

During time they won't be so adjustable, that is why it is Alpha, it is not yet finished, some things are far developed than others, now it was turn of interiors and as soon new interiors will come there is perhaps some adjustments to this speedo system too, then who knows how soon we lose most of setup options for street cars.
Aftermarket digital speedo of realistic size would be also ok, imo. You would not be able see that too well, though.
#81 - Gunn
With threads like this, who needs TV? :munching_
Quote from Gunn :With threads like this, who needs TV? :munching_

Guess you moderators have a lot of work this christmas with dealing all these complain threads Frown
What about removing demo posting? Meaning demo users canot write on the forum Uhmm
Quote from JTbo :there is perhaps some adjustments to this speedo system too, then who knows how soon we lose most of setup options for street cars.

I think minimal tweaking of the street cars would lead to better, more competitive racing imo Smile BRING IT ON lol Smile
Quote from Bogey Jammer :I hated drifting, I hate drifting more now by seeing these <10 posts drifters users who confuse reality with {fast and furious | xbox games | initialD | NFS | etc etc...}

So drifters lovers please buy your 200sx s15, tune it, and drift it like your japanese gods, live your dream for real. But... what? there's no more S15? tyres are too expensive? tuning budget is astronomic? real drifting is too difficult (just like LFS patch Y)?

Shrug

a guy who cant drift into patch y just know nothing about drift.
i have nothing agains you beacause you hate drift i respect your oppiniong but dont laught of drift. lfs is a simulation game. drift is real ? yes of course. and why you say there's no more s15 ? and why are you talking about tuning ? its expensive to lock a differantial ? i think you have some jugement and i think you can respect drifter.

last thing... if you want we live our dream about drifting ... you can do the samething about racing??
Quote from The Very End :Guess you moderators have a lot of work this christmas with dealing all these complain threads Frown
What about removing demo posting? Meaning demo users canot write on the forum Uhmm

that was a big censure ... i think its the bad thing to do ... demo racer can say what they think about lfs. their comment can be constructive
WELCOME TO REALISM.

This patch is the most realistic yet, as you can remember - this is a simulator. The Simulation is getting better, if your too shit to drive properly then thats YOU, not the patch.
#87 - Gunn
Quote from The Very End :Guess you moderators have a lot of work this christmas with dealing all these complain threads Frown

I think it's only fair to let people vent and speak their mind. The annoying posts will die down eventually (like they always do after a major update). If demo users have enjoyed LFS so far, or even see some great things about it, then I'm sure they'll buy it if they really want it.
There will always be some people who can't be satisfied with their free content, but if they can find a better sim demo then they should go for that instead of LFS.
I'm not satisfied with some changes in the recent patch either, but I've felt the same way in the past and always ended up coming to my senses in time.

As long as people don't get too abusive or rude they should be allowed to give their opinions. It's frustrating to read posts by some who truly don't understand the nature of LFS, but that is to be expected with a true sim.
I agree with the ones who say this new patch sucks.
Yes, the clutch burns, tires pop too early, and the digital speedometer is gone :'(. I can barely see the numbers on the speedo now Frown
Quote from mcintyrej :WELCOME TO REALISM.

This patch is the most realistic yet, as you can remember - this is a simulator. The Simulation is getting better, if your too shit to drive properly then thats YOU, not the patch.

agree Thumbs up
Interesting how everybody ignored my post and the video clearly showing how real racing clutch works.. ignorance is a bliss, as they say eh.
Quote from mcintyrej :WELCOME TO REALISM.

No-body can deny that LFS is heading in a very exciting direction.....can you imagine if a budget similar to Gran Turismo series was available! Uhmm

OMG i cant wait for gt5 on ps3! not a true sim though, i know lol
Nod
Quote :a guy who cant drift into patch y just know nothing about drift.
i have nothing agains you beacause you hate drift i respect your oppiniong but dont laught of drift. lfs is a simulation game. drift is real ? yes of course. and why you say there's no more s15 ? and why are you talking about tuning ? its expensive to lock a differantial ? i think you have some jugement and i think you can respect drifter.

I understand, I've an European view of drifting. I'm sorry but:

Here there's no S15
Here people talk but they don't act so they drive a peugeot 206 and buy nothing else.
Here the only japanese car (or BMW or other tuning-fashion car) owners don't have money enough to live fully their dreams. They buy an old car in bad condition. They buy tuning gear for a dead engine and upgrade it without any solid knowledge of physics.
Here the few true drifters burn their engine or crash their car...

So drifting like tuning shows doesn't exist for me, it's quite impossible for a common people to practice it (at least in my country). It's like dreaming to being a famous-and-rich singer like the idol...

I admit that I don't really know what the north-american car landscape is...
Quote from leigh76 :No-body can deny that LFS is heading in a very exciting direction.....can you imagine if a budget similar to Gran Turismo series was available! Uhmm

OMG i cant wait for gt5 on ps3! not a true sim though, i know lol
Nod

the budget of grand turismo but more realistic than gt. i hate gt beacause its boring lol i dont know why :P but its a good game
Why don't demo drifters just use the XRG? On a server last night, I saw a guy who was easily drifting that. (or even better, buy S2)

Personally, I think that the new patch is fantastic. I love the FBM, and the new BL improvements.

(p.s, were there small physics changes during the test patch series, cos the FBM seems alot less tail-happy with the same setup now)
Quote :last thing... if you want we live our dream about drifting ... you can do the samething about racing??

I've got a Nissan 300ZX twin-turbo, just restored the engine to normal condition and planned to use it to a track when I'll put adequate brakes to it.

It's not for competition and less demanding than drifting, but in my case my car will run on a track, that's how I make my dream come true
Quote from Bogey Jammer :I understand, I've an European view of drifting. I'm sorry but:

Here there's no S15
Here people talk but they don't act so they drive a peugeot 206 and buy nothing else.
Here the only japanese car (or BMW or other tuning-fashion car) owners don't have money enough to live fully their dreams. They buy an old car in bad condition. They buy tuning gear for a dead engine and upgrade it without any solid knowledge of physics.
Here the few true drifters burn their engine or crash their car...

So drifting like tuning shows doesn't exist for me, it's quite impossible for a common people to practice it (at least in my country). It's like dreaming to being a famous-and-rich singer like the idol...

I admit that I don't really know what the north-american car landscape is...

i guess you will never saw an s15 in france :P in canada you can see s15 , skyline, rx7 ... a lot of ! for me france its the country of fwd Smile
clutch burning
I have watched so many street racing and Drifting videos, you wouldn't believe. I have seen "ricers" going through 4 gears without releasing the gas at all between shifts. I have seen them putting on the gas way too early out of shifts. Repeatedly, over and over, and they always come back the next day. Their clutches aren't gone after ~ 15+/- power-shifts.
I have seen countless people drifting around corners kicking their clutches madly in an attempt to upset traction, balance, etc. but the don't replace their clutch after every run, not even after 10 runs. I think a slight update giving the clutch a 2 or 3x longetivity compared to the amount of time it takes to burn up the clutch in patch Y. BTW, what is "flatshifting"?
from my point of view there is nothing wrong with new patch. if you dont know how to drive thats your problem. if you dont know how to lift your foot while shifting then...

Flatshifting is what you allready mentioned. its shifting withouth lifting your throttle, so thats throttle always ON when shifting up.
#99 - JTbo
Quote from ArSk4 :Yes, the clutch burns, tires pop too early, and the digital speedometer is gone :'(. I can barely see the numbers on the speedo now

Are you driving with keyboard or wheel?
Do you spin a lot?
When you change gears, do you lift throttle? That is now required almost all cars.
If you practise a bit it will get better and you will get more satisfaction when you learn how to drive with new style.

Two reasons why clutch burns when using auto-clutch are too long 1st gear and keeping throttle floored when spinning, at least you need to shift to 1st gear when you spin and keep throttle floored, to avoid auto-clutch to engage and burning clutch.

Give it a week, if you drive it like real car it will reward you greatly
Quote from lfs-drift staff :the budget of grand turismo but more realistic than gt. i hate gt beacause its boring lol i dont know why :P but its a good game

lol since LFS all other racing games/sims are boring!

lol Maybe the Live For Speed Team and Polyphony Digital should hook up

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG