The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
NOOBS.
Please be quiet!. Patch Y is arguably the best of all the patches, to me of course and some might agree.

The FBM, you don't need a clutch, in fact, you can't even drift it.(It is possible, use a slippy set and shift to first in the penultimate corner)

The XRT, has always been driftable. What do the D1 Drifters do? Oh yeah, their real. So stick with it *.

And digi-speedo removal. Not all real cars have a digi-speedo, they have an anolgue one.

[/end unrant]
Quote from weiman912005 :*

I'm pretty sure you are just upset because you cannot drift with the new clutch.
previous patch was alot better.

changing gear while drifting yeh its easy, BUT you try clutch kicking every corner...your clutch soon dies.
Well I have to say >.> I liked the physics better more before. The new transmission deal isn't so bad. But I did like the physics much better before. Including tire wear.
Quote from luftrofl :You're an idiot. If you're burning up your clutch, it's because you don't know how to drive stick.

I drive in LFS (albiet a bit more aggressively and without a clutch pedal) exactly like I do in real life. It's no surprise then that I have no problems with the new patch.

Really, i mean i drive my track car the same way i drive on LFS and my track car has yet to crap a clutch anywhere near as fast as this. :thumbsdow 5 drift events and still on the same clutch.

Anyhow, my only complaint is the clutch. I mean I can make a full lap (permitting the tires hold) and it will still work but if i try to drive it like my real car (couple of clutch kicks to keep the angle going and revs higher in the powerband), the clutch just becomes butter. everything else i can deal with, drifting on normals on this patch is like drifting with hybrids on patch x so i am sort of used to it.
Quote from [SJ]Riven:

"Yeah thats fudged up..

V8 Supercar driver Greg Murphy onboard lap with footcam/telemetry.
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=azpqTZ6WeJk

H-Pattern 6 speed gearbox & clutch.
Racing clutch etc.. but not used by this driver (he came from single seaters)

Any gearbox without syncromesh and straight cut gear can be changed wihout a clutch.
Hell if you're good at it, you can do it in your average road car!"
-
(farcar) DELETED by XCNuse : ranting
-
(MarioX) DELETED by MarioX : wasn't in the mood :/...
Quote from BimmerAddict :Really, i mean i drive my track car the same way i drive on LFS and my track car has yet to crap a clutch anywhere near as fast as this. :thumbsdow 5 drift events and still on the same clutch.

Anyhow, my only complaint is the clutch. I mean I can make a full lap (permitting the tires hold) and it will still work but if i try to drive it like my real car (couple of clutch kicks to keep the angle going and revs higher in the powerband), the clutch just becomes butter. everything else i can deal with, drifting on normals on this patch is like drifting with hybrids on patch x so i am sort of used to it.

I think you'll find that you're being quite a bit harsher on your clutch in LFS than you are IRL. I'm somewhat guilty of this, but nothing too serious.

It's possible that the clutch damage is a bit exaggerated but I have no problems as long as I don't abuse it.

What car do you drive IRL, if I may ask?
I think its awesome. I toasted the clutch a few times, but then I adjusted my driving. It doesnt even heat up anymore.

So stop whining like a little bitch and learn to drive.
Quote from BimmerAddict :Really, i mean i drive my track car the same way i drive on LFS and my track car has yet to crap a clutch anywhere near as fast as this. :thumbsdow 5 drift events and still on the same clutch.

You need to remember that your car IRL is different than the one in LFS.
Like or or hate it.

i think there should be enough fun for drifters and the cars feel correct. then going full out on the grippers...

going round and round gripping, personally i cant see the fun in jsut driving around a track..

drifting is alot more exciting and more of a skill.
Quote from Dalek0220 :NOOBS.
And digi-speedo removal. Not all real cars have a digi-speedo, they have an anolgue one.

[/end unrant]

So is removing the digital speedo really going to amke a difference in how the car handles? I like to be able to quickly look at the speedo and see how fast im going. Why take it out. no reason to remove it I know alot of people that like it over the anolgue.

Its about what the people that buy the product like and the designers have to make the game how they want it or they will start to loose money and players. It seems that most dont like several of the changes mostly the physics and the clutch.
Quote from autobot001 :Like or or hate it.

i think there should be enough fun for drifters and the cars feel correct. then going full out on the grippers...

going round and round gripping, personally i cant see the fun in jsut driving around a track..

I like drifting but you should really refrain from saying things like that.

They make online drifters look more stupid than they already do

Take note that no pro drifter would say something as stupid as that.
#38 - SamH
Honestly, I think the good drifters will prove that it's possible to drift with the new physics once they become accustomed to the way things work now. If not, I'm sure there will be a fix, if that is what's necessary - perhaps a drift clutch-pack, with non-race, pro-drift characteristics somewhere down the line. Who knows?

The plus side, of course, is that XRT-driving drifters are now on the licenced side of LFS. Having invested in LFS, I'm sure that Scawen's attention to detail in this sim will benefit those guys too.

But a word of caution: I know from experience that Scawen does NOT (nor should he) respond positively to "OMGZ DIS SUX0RZ".. but has never failed to at least HEAR reasoned discourse. At the end of the day, it's Scavier's sim, and the pursuit is the Scavier vision. If you really believe there are issues, come up with some data and some facts to back up your position and you will never be disappointed with the development of LFS.
I am only a demo user, but i was downloaded earlier the X30, and the other test patches with my friends, we were happy, that XRT drifters were gone away from demo. (we were a little sorry, cause we made sometimes "Fun Races" in a "FUN league" - just for fun, not for PB -, and the next race should be XRT BL1 Rev, but we can did it, if we don't patch the X10 with Y.)
So we like X30 and up, and we like Y (Not all of us, but most of us - about 10 from 15 people)
Some of us have S2, and we will be S2 licensed too, as soon as possible.

And the most important thing, that we can use the new clutch system, with keys, with mouse and with wheel. First time it was strange, but we learned the shifting, and it is more realistic, than "just push the pedal to the metal". Try this old shifting in a real car, and you will be in a service soon.

So, i think, this patch isn't bad.
1. lot of noob drifters gone
2. more realistic
3. we will be S2 licensed
4. 3 type car is in demo, not 2(XRT and XRG is 1, but one of that have a turbo)

end.pleaseturnoff
personal oppion.

"there like ass holes, everyones got one and they stink"
Quote from schatten789 :So is removing the digital speedo really going to amke a difference in how the car handles? I like to be able to quickly look at the speedo and see how fast im going. Why take it out. no reason to remove it I know alot of people that like it over the anolgue.

Its about what the people that buy the product like and the designers have to make the game how they want it or they will start to loose money and players. It seems that most dont like several of the changes mostly the physics and the clutch.

And what about realism? LFS is supposed to be a racing simulator.
#42 - aoun
would anyone seriously be interested in making a "dont like patch y? go to nfs" group or something around that? .
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
its so childish some of the comments

they should modify the patch to cater for drifters and grippers.

end of.

Case Closed!
Quote from autobot001 :Like or or hate it.

I think that you with S2 can be drift with XRT.

Demo can use XRG. Little harder, but can. (some "drifters" use XFG )
#45 - aoun
Quote from autobot001 :its so childish some of the comments

end of.

Case Closed!

Whats a gripper?
O..M...F...G...

Patch Y was great. It finally made LFS much more realistic and what a racing game SHOULD be.

Sure it's more "challenging" to keep your car in tip top shape. But since when was racing not suppose to be challenging?

Gees, i find it ironic that people laughs at stock car racing but all who complain WILL NEVER LAST IN STOCK CAR RACING. (especially stock car road course racing). In fact, you'll never last in any realistic racing simulation.

I know of a solution: MAKE A DRIFT CAR. Until then, DONT DRIFT. That's it. A good majority of these cars are not meant to be drifted anyway.

Also, since when do drifting not ruin a proper racecar? Keep that in mind.
Quote from autobot001 :its so childish some of the comments

end of.

Case Closed!

in test patch forums, also the drifters were angry.
I have to agree with the title of this thread.
This Patch is REALLY bad. I'm going to get MAJOR ear ache from the wife from constantly playing LFS instead of doing the family thing over christmas

Have a good un
#49 - JTbo
Maybe mods could put all these kind of threads to one?
The Clutch is better now compare to x30
I dont now what kind of problems you guys have on your PC , settings , or i dont now what, but this patch is just ... not so bad , is really good, :lfs: Allah's did a good job :boing:

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG