The online racing simulator
New Patch
(21 posts, started )
New Patch
For some reason when i start LFS X38, updated from X30, all the X30+ patches won't let me go online, it let me update after 2 fresh installations of Patch X30...but it still isn't letting me go online. A

ANYONE HELP ME?
Ok

Can you connect to the LFS master server? Try pinging it

Can you unlock LFS?

You have allowed LFS through the firewall, right?

And WTF is your sig about?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Ok

Can you connect to the LFS master server? Try pinging it
No i can't connect to the master server, how do i ping it?

Can you unlock LFS?
Yes i have unlocked LFS, i could connect to the master server when i was using patch X30.

You have allowed LFS through the firewall, right?
Well, yes, LFS has always worked for me.

And WTF is your sig about?
I like Maths, and thinking about numbers keeps my brain active.
DK

Thanks Fang/Diekolkrabe/Raven.
Quote from harjun :Thanks Fang/Diekolkrabe/Raven.

No problem Harjun/Harjun/Harjun xD

Start ---> run -----> ping master.liveforspeed.net

Challenge for your sig. Put as many digits of Pi in as possible :P

DK
#5 - J@tko
Your firewall/virus checker might be blocking the online side of LFS.exe, as they think it's a new programme each time you update it. Try reconfigging the firewall/virus checker.
Fang, the "run" programme brought up command prompt, and then command prompt brought up 3 lines
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Ok

The master server responds to pings. Good. But there's only 3 lines instead of 4...did you take that screenie before it'd finished

Did you, as j@tko said, check virus checker/firewall.

What happens if you go into LFS and click 'list of multiplayer games'?

Try checking the hosts file

Go into the %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ then check to see if the old master server IP is there..if so delete the IP ONLY and save the file. Then tell me if you can connect

My friend Mike in the USA suggested a solution below:

1) Go to the hosts dir folder
2) Delete it all
3) Delete the whole windows dir to the recycle bin
4) Launch LFS

DK
it instantly comes up with the error message...

It works with normal Patch X...perfectly.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from harjun :error message...

You mean the 'could not connect to master server' error messsage, or another one?
Odd

If it can't connect to master server, have you opened the Windows firewall, as well as any other firewalls you have?

Don't blame me for Mike's idea. That's HIS sense of humor.

DK
Quote from J@tko :You mean the 'could not connect to master server' error messsage, or another one?

yes, the could not connect to master server. But i doubt it even tries to, because INSTANTLY it comes up with that message.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Odd

If it can't connect to master server, have you opened the Windows firewall, as well as any other firewalls you have?t blame me for Mike's idea. That's HIS sense of humor.

DK

Yes, all firewalls i turned off...
Ok. Are you SURE you opened all firewalls? What servers are you trying to join?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :No problem Harjun/Harjun/Harjun xD

Start ---> run -----> ping master.liveforspeed.net

Challenge for your sig. Put as many digits of Pi in as possible :P

DK

Its a bit off topic but If you're really that interested, here's Pi to 1 million decimal places

http://www.roumazeilles.net/pi.php

Im not going to put 1 million digits in a post cos the mods will get angry with me for using a whole page for one post

The world record is Pi to 206 billion decimal places - try and fit that in ur sig
Quote from JO53PHS :Its a bit off topic but If you're really that interested, here's Pi to 1 million decimal places

http://www.roumazeilles.net/pi.php

Im not going to put 1 million digits in a post cos the mods will get angry with me for using a whole page for one post

The world record is Pi to 206 billion decimal places - try and fit that in ur sig

How to get that in 5 lines? O_O

I won't put pi to a milion places in a post...I just tried and caused my machine to keel over and lock up...Dustin can if he wants

On-topic, Get on MSN and I'll help ya there

DK
This happened with me aswell, Harjun.

My firewall was off aswell.

Turn the firewall on, and allow the new LFS through it

It worked for me anyways
Hopefully that'll solve it

Anyone want to TRY putting pi to 1 million decimal places in a post? :P

Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYONE DOES THAT! (Or if it causes the forum to keel over and die)

DK
Considering I've only been playing LFS for a few months, I don't want to be hated by everybody throughout LFS

Anybody else want to try
Just tried it. Can't be bothered to wait an hour just to highlight all the digits. God knows what will happen if i copy and paste it.
Anybody got a computer with something like 8gb of ram and the best processor in the world.

2gb of ram and nVidia GeForce 8400m GT won't do it.
Check my pi thread I rared up a text file with all the digits in it

/me puts on flame suit

DK
with the new patch i must unlock the Game again! Now i have only 1 Unock available
Quote from swisser :with the new patch i must unlock the Game again! Now i have only 1 Unock available

Don't worry you will get new ones every friday.

New Patch
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG