The online racing simulator
Old Live For Speed versions.
(21 posts, started )
I am trying to trace back to when I started Live For Speed, I am trying to figure it out from these details :

1) You had to get credits.
2) You could control with the keyboard.
3*) There was skid pad
4*) The cars only went up to the LX6 (or LX4)

* Unsure, omit if not possible.

Can anyone enlighten me on what version I played and how long ago it was?
Pre S1A?

DK
I think it turned out to be Patch F, or patch Q, my bro was playing it. I remember playing it back in the day it may have been older, but that may be wrong. It had no LX4/6. When were these released?
Interesting thread - I was wondering the same thing myself. I got my S2 license in July 2006. I think the first version I played may have been Q. Was there a patch P?

The LX4/LX6 were definitely in the game though; the Formula BMW is the first new car I've gotten since starting LFS.
Oh, wow, thanks

I have been looking for it for a while, i would recognize it from the windows. My cousin first showed me Live For Speed back when there were only the three original demo cars. Then I was hooked
the best version in my opinion was the never released 0.3F. it included the LX8 GTR! it was origonaly for beta testers only but it leaked onto the internet. I've been tring to find it and no such luck.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :the best version in my opinion was the never released 0.3F. it included the LX8 GTR! it was origonaly for beta testers only but it leaked onto the internet. I've been tring to find it and no such luck.

I saw a video of it on youtube. (or, it says a LX6 with LX8 specs..?) Anyway, here it is: Click Awesome!
#9 - Ian.H
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :the best version in my opinion was the never released 0.3F. it included the LX8 GTR! it was origonaly for beta testers only but it leaked onto the internet. I've been tring to find it and no such luck.

You're really not missing out on much.. there was a _lot_ of issues. BL1 had major graphics glitches (you drove through a plain black sky as you came up the hill to the start / finish line) and the tyre physics were pretty bad (LX8 made the LX6 in S1 feel like a granny's shopping car). The current version is far better, especially the tyres

Regards,

Ian
true, still I like power
Quote from Gnomie :I saw a video of it on youtube. (or, it says a LX6 with LX8 specs..?) Anyway, here it is: Click Awesome!

Thats an lx6 tuned with mechanik, a thing like tweak for LFS 0.5p or q dont remember
Wasn't there snow back then too? Or am i confusing LFS with an other game.
Maybe there was a snowmod that replaced all the textures, but there was definitely no official snow in LFS.
Or you could delete your .dds files.

And on LFS Database I saw a snow mod.
you could delete all your .dds folder (or rename it)....but there is a snow mod here, but its just textured snow, like the grass is white, etc. so you can't actually feel it snow.

When i played, the only car i remember being added was the BF1
I just had a coincidental thread in the Misc Addons.. About the S2Q Tweak. Go take a look guys
Another important and quite notable happening was when the MRT was added to LFS (S1 0.3E). This happened in December 2003-A time when I was a demo racer still. I was so envious I got S1 soon after!
and now we all hate the MRT5.
*Off-Topic -@DieKolkrabe

Nice signature quote.. woot woot D hehe*
Quote from Danielw597 :*Off-Topic -@DieKolkrabe

Nice signature quote.. woot woot D hehe*

Off-Topic: Thanks

On-topic: Is it still possible to get the FIRST proper LFS release? And if so, where?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :On-topic: Is it still possible to get the FIRST proper LFS release? And if so, where?

http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloadsarchive ?

The difference between 0.04k (first public) and 0.04Q (oldest in archive) is minimal, only bug fixes really. In fact 0.04k didn't even come with a readme. Curiously the default FOV was only 80 back then, I wonder why it was ever increased. Better than 90 (for most people) IMO.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG