The online racing simulator
Do we talk fast, like a matter of days, or weeks?

Edit : So on friday we`ll see a new / improved system?
#27 - SamH
We'll have Race 2 TBO and Race 3 GT2/R, and also UF-BR on Friday. Very few visible changes apart from the new servers, though.. the main changes in the X1.5 application are CTRA admin-related
Great, thanks a lot
Just curious - you still get more points on the GTR server right? Since it demands higher lisence?
#29 - SamH
The points allocation for GTRs and GT2s haven't changed.. nor the TBO. The only changes regarding points are a reduction in the charges for racing on the Bump & Jump server
Great, thank you!
I`ll reach that top 50 with time, I will play much more on the servers now, when I can chose if I want to drive TBO or GTR. Somedays it fun with TBO, some days it`s more fun with GTR.

Looking forward to see the system in action, surpise me!
Ohh now that looks really good sam. Seperate server for TBO and GTR. I like that. Superb job again.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent
/Mr Burns

Can't wait for some TBO racing again.
hey guys, thats the way it already was in the beginning and both
servers were quite empty......

so i hope this will work
looking forward to CTRAY
Quote from LordBlaster :hey guys, thats the way it already was in the beginning and both
servers were quite empty......

so i hope this will work

I think the main problem was that most people didn`t have the lisence requried to drive with the cars and generally join the server itself
But now people have the lisence, most of them, and they can chose what server to race on, and therfor I belive that there will be more people racing on the servers
Friday - excellent! I feel like a dog thats had his dish moved not seeing the CTRA servers available with the new patch. Cant wait!
sounds really great what role plays the FB02 ? SS1 entry car ?

i think the low population in last 2 weeks was about the testpatches
#38 - SamH
Definitely the low population is because of the split community. Apart from racing in the UF BabyR tonight, I've barely launched X10 myself!

The entry level Single Seater server is initially going to alternate between the FBM and the FOX, in the same way the GT2-R/TBO servers have operated for the last few months. I'm not anticipating much of an issue with departing drivers in this server, however, because the FOX and FBM are not radically different types of cars to drive.. most people I know will happily run either the FBM or the FOX, simply depending on which car is available to drive. If that turns out not to be the case, however, then it's a simple process to kill one or split the server into two.
Quote from Joris :This could be wishfull thinking but it just might be the end of alien hotlap setups!

What's wrong with my set-ups
Quote from SamH :Definitely the low population is because of the split community. Apart from racing in the UF BabyR tonight, I've barely launched X10 myself!

The entry level Single Seater server is initially going to alternate between the FBM and the FOX, in the same way the GT2-R/TBO servers have operated for the last few months. I'm not anticipating much of an issue with departing drivers in this server, however, because the FOX and FBM are not radically different types of cars to drive.. most people I know will happily run either the FBM or the FOX, simply depending on which car is available to drive. If that turns out not to be the case, however, then it's a simple process to kill one or split the server into two.

i think the population of the SS servers will not be high enough after the patch to fill a FBM and a FOX server. the biggest problem i see atm is the low population of SS2 and imho this could increase if on SS1 is ONLY the FBM, because all the FOX-lovers need to change after having the licence.
but that's only my 2ct
#41 - SamH
Quote from AlienT. :What's wrong with my set-ups

hehe!
Quote from haelje :i think the population of the SS servers will not be high enough after the patch to fill a FBM and a FOX server. the biggest problem i see atm is the low population of SS2 and imho this could increase if on SS1 is ONLY the FBM, because all the FOX-lovers need to change after having the licence.
but that's only my 2ct

I never turn down free advice!

For the moment, the priority for me is to get up and running with the new patch. I am a little nervous about tomorrow, and keep running to check if I am missing something important.

Perhaps in a few days we can see how the field feels. Most of the people who drive on the CTRA servers probably know nothing right now about the new patch that's coming, so let's see how they all feel about the new car and the new-feel FOX. We'll have a few days of settling in before making any longer-term decisions. SS2 is still FOX and FJR, so there is an opportunity to plot progress to SS2 when the server changes to FBM.
Quote : Sam announced :

Server Migration Planned Friday 21st
I'm planning to migrate the CTRA servers around midday on Friday 21st December, to patch Y (or Xxx). It's possible that this will be in advance of the release of Patch Y by a short while. I've made a great many changes to the functionality of the software over the last couple of days, primarily to improve efficiency in the relationship between the X-System and MySQL, and in order to be sure that the software is stable and runs well we will be starting out using our test database.

The new iteration of the X-System software is largely untested, so a period of public beta testing is really necessary to ensure that unforeseen problems don't occur on the live database.

This will mean that the CTRA servers will disappear from view for a while, for anyone using the old LFS version, and they won't reappear until those players have the new LFS version installed.

From wich version Sam , I want to be on CTRA
Good news! I've been spending my LFS time on testpatch servers and racing AIs offline from X30 on (to feel a tiny bit useful) , and servers were scarcely populated.
Looking forward to CTRA races again! Thanks for your work
I too am very much looking forward to driving CTRA on patch Y, it will be a lot of fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG