The online racing simulator
Poor FPS since using a G25?
(41 posts, started )
Depending on the FPS you get, FF 'flapping' tends to happen when you set the forces too high. During yesterdays LFS online-a-thon, driving various cars, often 20% in game FF strength was about enough to actually deliver the full force of the G25. Setting this higher causes flapping/oscilations easier, specially at lowish fps..

Configure your mouse for driving and see if the fps are noticably different. I doubt they are; big fields are fairly FPS unfriendly even on decent processors.

Its probably been like this but just more noticable because of the FF issues?
I'll try the profiler, and also turn off/down the FFB, but yeah, it could be because of the "flapping" that I notice this, rather than the low(er) fps themselves.
which wheel did you have before? also how much force do you use?
DFP, and I think, 70
I can verify that G25 eats pc performance and other way around...
Since I have a real weak pc, and I had bad fps before g25...
I can play Richard Burns Rally with keyboard almost on all high, with g25 , on low with stuttering xD
And in lfs... my fps sometimes goes to 2fps... and the wheel actually starts smelling and gets hot and gets like holes in its FF in a 20lap race with 12fps being the most all the time.. So yeah, I think its something with the response time, since I really felt the difference in response time when changing from formula force gp to g25.. I tried reinstalling the usb itself, the wheel drivers etc.. Nothing helped...
Its definately the wheel, I removed it and it gives me 15 fps more than with the wheel attached.

Tried removing the old drivers, and putting the new ones on, and all I get is

"Product: Logitech Gaming Software 5.01 -- A legacy version of Logitech Gaming Software has been found on the system, please uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs application and restart the installation."

Damn crappy logitech shite
#32 - J.B.
Good to see you've narrowed it down. So now you can't install the new drivers? Try to manually delete everything that relates to logitech with regedit (but make a registry backup first).
Tried, sticking with the old drivers now, it's certainly the G25, I wonder if my old motherboard can't cope with the draw from the USB port or something.
What are your system specs?

QUOTE from another forum.
Quote :It seems that everyone who has these problems with their wheels has a single core processor, and people with dual core processors dont seem to have this problem at all.

Did you actaully try turning off/unpluging the FFB?
Sorry if i missed the post where you did, Its almost 3am.

To turn it off COMPETELY, Simply unplug the power cable. There is only one power cable going to the G25 so dont ask "Which one".
Yep, I tried it, and it stopped the FPS problems.

To reiterate, with G25 is 15FPS less than without, and I have an HT CPU.
#36 - J.B.
Quote from danowat :Yep, I tried it, and it stopped the FPS problems.

To reiterate, with G25 is 15FPS less than without, and I have an HT CPU.

Have you tried switchinh HT on and off in BIOS? It's been known to cause a lot of problems.
Quote from J.B. :Have you tried switchinh HT on and off in BIOS? It's been known to cause a lot of problems.

How do you have an avatar?
If you perform a search as simple as "demo user avatar", show posts, you'll have lots of answers to a question that has been asked lots of times.

Danowat, I was wondering why you're unable to uninstall the old gaming software... Did you remove only the drivers or did you uninstall the software completely?

Edit: I just took a look at the other thread, I already have my answer
Hi i am getting a g25 for xmas my fps at the mo is around 27-40 what would you think it would be when i get my g25

thanks in advance
Who knows, could be very hardware specific, you might get none, you might get the 15fps drop I get...
Its not a noticable hit here, testing the framerate with FF, the meter is a bit jumpy, occasionally hitting 100, dropping to an occasional 80something when i steer.. The same happens without FF, not an obvious change.

Low framerates are generally bad though; and considering how ultra cheap processors are these days, you really have not much of an excuse owning a rig that doesn't run at 50+ fps during busy moments..

Still I can't explain a big drop.. I run a sempron 64 processor at 2.4ghz, nothing much.

Poor FPS since using a G25?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG