The online racing simulator
Moving to S2 worry
(21 posts, started )
Moving to S2 worry
hey ive been playing Live for Speed for quite a while now and after realizing im actually not half bad and asking for a steering wheel for Christmas to start half decent my brother offered to buy S2 for me for my christmas, so naturally im over the moon, however as Multiplayer is one of my favourite places to play im slightly worried that my account/license will get banned/kicked because while playing in Multiplayer in Demo mode just now on a few occasions i have been kicked/banned normally for going down the straight on Blackwood at an immense rate while having a car infront me which brakes alot earlier than i would at the end of the straight and me ending up into the back of it because i wasnt quick enough on the brakes and even though i type sorry as quickly as i can on occasions ive been kicked/banned and im worried that this may happen in S2 and i loose my license

Cheers

Scott
Dont worry

Thats demo behaviour for ya!

It wont happen to you unless you intentionaly ram and cause havoc
Air, can't... breathe...
*suffocates and dies*

Just take care on the track and be mindful of other racers and you'll be fine. There are far less ban happy people on the licensed servers. Also, if you do get banned for no apparent reason, get over it and move on.
well i take my racing really quite seriously when it comes to LFS so none of it is intentional. However after reading the rules i just thought i better check as it does cost £24 and personally as a student thats alot of money so i dont want to lose a license
Just be careful. Braking later isn't always quicker, and if you crash into the back of someone it is YOUR fault.

Take your time. Watch the good drivers (there are plenty), play with setups and enjoy. If you get banned too much from servers then think about why and ask questions. Don't throw a strop and post about it on here, because all that does is get you banned from lots of other servers you hadn't actually been on...

We're here to help (believe it or not), and we are nearly always willing to watch replays and give advice to those who want to learn or improve. Even LFS veterans need tips now and again!
If you often find you're running into the back of people, take a different line when you're approaching a corner and very close to the car infront - move inside a bit or whatever, just so you've got somewhere to go if he brakes a bit earlier than you.

Once you get used to racing against particular people you'll be more confident that you know what they'll do, but with people you haven't raced before you need to always assume that they might do something unexpected.
i know it is my fault if i crash into the back of someone however its not many servers its been 2 in maybe a month and both the people i crashed into were muckin about and decided to start a ban vote against me
Bans happen less often in licensed servers. There are less deliberate wreckers, so people aren't so paranoid. If you're doing your best, and you take our advice on board, you'll be welcome on S2 servers.
#9 - dadge
if i were you, i'd buy the license and dive right in at the deep end (ish). with this new patch you're getting more experienced drivers along with newer drivers all in the one server. there will be times when you think that everyone seems to be out to get you (accidental wrecks) but that's how it is sometimes. i think you'll be very happy with the online drivers in the full game.
p.s. why is your brother buying it for you? i thought santa (not setanta)brought it on christmas eve :s
Quote from welshys90 :i type sorry as quickly as i can on occasions

LFS has a comfortable option which can help you to tipe "sorry" faster

Check Options/Game/F1 to F8
Quote from welshys90 :hey ive been playing Live for Speed for quite a while now and after realizing im actually not half bad and asking for a steering wheel for Christmas to start half decent my brother offered to buy S2 for me for my christmas, so naturally im over the moon, however as Multiplayer is one of my favourite places to play im slightly worried that my account/license will get banned/kicked because while playing in Multiplayer in Demo mode just now on a few occasions i have been kicked/banned normally for going down the straight on Blackwood at an immense rate while having a car infront me which brakes alot earlier than i would at the end of the straight and me ending up into the back of it because i wasnt quick enough on the brakes and even though i type sorry as quickly as i can on occasions ive been kicked/banned and im worried that this may happen in S2 and i loose my license

Cheers

Scott

Dont worry , in S2 servers is WAAAAYYYYY to farrrrrR!!!!! from demo servers for the theme of Vote kick/ban

If you accidentaly ramm someon just say sorry and dont worry more

The ppl of s2 are more comprensible then Demo servers

Welcome to S2
________
Ev plus
If you know your faster than someone infront of you and (or even if your the same speed) and your right behind them instead of braking behind them, the most obvious thing to do would be to make a move on the inside especially on blackwood as the corner after the straight is a great overtaking oppertunity.

Dont forget that if you do get banned whilst on S2 its only the server your banned from not the whole licence, there are plenty of other servers, and from what you have said if you do get banned from what you told us you did it will probably be for only 1 day.

BTW Hope you enjoy S2 its cleaner and friendlier than demo, just take time when learning new cars. Good Luck!
#13 - joen
If you use common sense, be respectful to the other racers and admins, and know where you stand at a certain point in the field you have nothing to worry about.
This has anserd my question, thanks people.
Quote from Snake2 :This has anserd my question, thanks people.

And to ensure you even more: I bought LFS maybe a year ago or something. And in all that time I witnessed 1 (yes, "one") kick/ban initiated by other people on the server, and that guy really deserved it and was pushing it too far. The only kicks/bans I see now are from the server bot for swearing, which will let you back on immediately.
Well what the cruise mode is ? Well does that have something to do with IRL money ? ( Im sure thats stupid questin ) Well im noob
Cruise mode has nothing to do with REAL money, atall, its all fake, Hmm why you post it in this thread anyway? Lol
I Play s2 and Demo, and everytime I come off Demo im annoyed with crashers (Most of the time anyway). S2 Is more fair in everyway
People getting rammed etc happens in real life.. why is it frowned upon?

I mean excessive ramming deserves a ban, but hitting a person happens all the times in races (except F1)
Quote from Jokerr :People getting rammed etc happens in real life.. why is it frowned upon?

I mean excessive ramming deserves a ban, but hitting a person happens all the times in races (except F1)

But in real life it doesn't happen by people going the wrong way, or people NOT using brakes AT ALL... In S2 when you hit someone, it's no big deal, say sorry, explain why it happened and it's all good. In demo you mostly get kicked...
#21 - VoiD
Quote from Jokerr :People getting rammed etc happens in real life.. why is it frowned upon?

Well, there´s a huge differencce between ramming (others from track) and slightly knocking (Hello, I´m behind you, do you feel the pressure..?)

Moving to S2 worry
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG