The online racing simulator
When you drive your car and are wondering why you can't see the split times.
When you drive your car and think the physics are buggy.
Quote from EclipseGsX :unless you own a ferrari with paddel shifters or a F1 car then its fine

tand about pressing T

Hey... My dad owns a GM Omega (250hp), auto gear, but has the option of the paddles. And damn, that is super fun (I have an Opel Astra, so going from my 116hp to those 250hp WITH paddles is really fun! lol)

And I do the "t" thing all the time. lol
Quote from Clownpaint :When you see someone speeding on public roads and ask them if they would like to join your team.

Or you ask them for their setup.
... you try to send setups to people who are slow on motorways and roads
... you walk around your house pretending to opposite lock around corners
... you don't have time to post on forums...

...bugger
Quote from tristancliffe :... you try to send setups to people who are slow on motorways and roads

hmmm id love if that was possible in real life ... and maybe those setups should come with an explanation that instead of popular belief the gaspedal actually is the one to the right and not the one in the middle

Quote :... you walk around your house pretending to opposite lock around corners

O_O i do this alot lately
... you think what you can improve on your real cars setup while driving it.
... you calculate your fuel consumption and put only the amount needed when you drive to work
... you hold your throttle down while shifting
... you think it's the cop and robber mod when the police is driving behind you
Quote from tristancliffe :... you walk around your house pretending to opposite lock around corners

I usually do that but since I am not a drifter I usually spin...

And pressing t while using those messengers. My friends just can't get it.

I had to come up with something too:
You you have been playing LFS too much when you calculate your real car fuel loads in %s...

And I just a few days ago invented a new joke by myself. Probably the first time but let's not go there... So far no one has laughed, but this thread is just making me to write here: What similar do a UF1 and a russian judge have? - they are both simple and cheap. Yeah, I know :weeping:

PS: If you are from Russia you can replace that russian judge with a swedish one
Quote from Hyperactive :PS: If you are from Russia you can replace that russian judge with a swedish one

Nice... Pick on the Swedes, why don't you :arge:
Well it's ok, cause we usually take it out on the Norweigians
Quote from TaiFong :I actually do pretty much try to (safely) apex every turn in real life, even at low speeds or on narrow roads. Keeps my skillzzzz up.

I'm guilty of that for sure. Passengers just don't GET IT

PS isn't it pronouced "SCAY - WIN"?
No? Apparantly I've been mildly deluded for quite some time then.... Always dissappointing to find that out
You know you play LFS too much when...
... You write about it in an assignment..
... You have pictures of your skin stuck to your uni folder.
... Your wallpaper on your lab system is LFS.
... You got banned from a lab for installing and playing LFS.
... You teach your parents how to threshold break.

Errrmm... that'll do me =p
... when you are the leader of the "Nutters" rank on LFS World
#37 - Smax
Your portfolio is full of skins, phtoshopped screenshots, renders and film shorts made from edited replays, instead of all the stuff that your uni lecturers think you should be doing.

You get offered the chance to show your work on a full sized cinema screen think "yeah it's gotta be about LFS 'cos that would just be cool, and everyone will be able to relate to it.
- When you are trying to balance your Daewoo Lanos' suspension in your head.

- You try and double click the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

- You check the SatNav for a list of players.

- You wonder when real world physics became so boring.

- You start working out the slipstream fuel saving from the car you are tailgating.

- Realising you can't bump draft a Mercedes in a Daewoo Lanos.

- There's no space bar in real life when you've parked a BMW on its roof . . .
Quote from Priitmek :You press T in instant messengers before writing a message.

tI am glad I am not alone
When your parents ring you up and check you have not got a race before they pop around
Quote from Fordman :When your parents ring you up and check you have not got a race before they pop around

Well, this is something I have to teach my parents!!!
#42 - Smax
You catch your pc illiterate girlfriend googling for instructions on how to format a hard disk.:chairs:
#43 - ste_
Quote from Breizh :You do a double take when the light goes green and traffic doesn't pile up at the first turn in the road.

lol so true.
When you find yourself driving into Tesco car park with the back hanging out cos you forgot you were in a real car again.

When you are 28th overall in the charts of races finished for January!
When you hold your racing line on the road and wonder why people look at you funny when you go out wide on entry then hit the appex finaly going out wide on the exit again (mounting the curbs ) an a multilane road or roundabout

When you look for the custom view option in the car owners manual so you can drive from a central position
Quote from Clownpaint :...When you press a pedal in a real car and expect to get crappy readings (logitech).

I'm glad that it's not just me with this problem ingame....

-when you are making a turn, and you're afraid the guy behind you isn't going to want to use his brakes as much as he'd like to use your rear bumper... (I usually wind up taking turns at abou 60kp/h because of this )
...when you extract Operation Flashpoint mission files to your liveforspeed\data directory. :nut:
...when in stead of just passing slow walking people in a shopping street, you draft them
Forgot the yelling "Blue Flag!! Move over!!" to the folks in front of you, driving, walking, whatever. I actually did this to a guy at work on a forktruck. He had the crappy slow one. Must have just been the plain FZ50 forktruck while I had the FZR forktruck. I was stuck behind him and was held up a complete lap back to the shipping department!
#50 - Vain
... when you just don't remmber where you left your car keys for the XRT, LX6, FOX, FZR, XFR, ...
... when you yell "BLUE FLAG!!!111 n000000b!!!1111oneoneeleven" at slower cars on the motorways... (whoops, too late. I should listen less to the professors in university)
... when you warm up your tyres in the first few turns to work...
... when you wonder where start/finish is...
... when you try to querry lfsworld for your PB from home to work...
... when you try to change to wheel-view in a real car...
... when you try to sequential-shift all cars (hmmm, auto-gearbox-fun?!)
... when you randomly tap the buttons in the car to see the tyre-temps
... when you change the amount of desired fuel in the F12-menu before stopping for gas.

Vain

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG