The online racing simulator
Suggestion for car setups
(7 posts, started )
#1 - dahle
There should be an option for us who don't care about car setups.

I want the best setup for a car to automatically be selected when I choose a track or a car. For example, if I choose a track first, and then a car, LFS will load up the best setup. The same happens if I choose a car first, and a track after that. Ready to go, no need to looking through all the setups, searching for the first two letters and the highest number. Or even looking at the "r" for reversed tracks.

Then I don't have to worry about if I really selected the best setup available, because the computer did it for me in one second!
Quote from dahle :Then I don't have to worry about if I really selected the best setup available, because the computer did it for me in one second!

just like real world
Your suggestion sounds neat, if there wasn't one huge downside: There is no "best" setup. There are setups which cater your style of driving more than others, but there simply isn't a best one.
It would be nice if a selected setup for a specific combo was memorized and didn't come back to default each time we drive another combo!
#5 - Mako.
How about, expand on the RACE_S setup so it's useful for any track and makes the car a bit faster, but at the same time, is also realistic, and no -4.8 degrees of camber or +5 toe out in the rear crap.... and also an update of the race_s setup for every new physics incompatible patch.
Maybe there should be an option to set your favourite set for any combo.
Though this would help only those who have a different set for every track and for the first race after track change.

For us, who can't drive fast enough to warrant minute changes in sets, it wouldn't be very usefull.
#7 - dahle
The reason I came with this idea, is because the setups are confusing for us who don't really care about car tweaking, but still like the car action itself. I have to remember not only the track name, but also the track number and if it's reversed or not. And all these numbers, I've heard that the best setups have the highest number. Well, then I don't need the setups with lower numbers, because they're not as good. If this idea can't ble implented in LFS, then why not release a "setuppack for noobs" (don't like the word, but I couldn't come up with something better when I wrote this) with reduced setup possibilities?

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG