The online racing simulator
Bring Back Digital Speedo!!
(193 posts, started )

Poll : I Prefer To Have An Option Of

Digital Speedo, Needle Type
Needle Type
Digital Speedo
No Speedo
Too small? They're bloody huge! Although the number 8 looks a little funny.

Solution: lower you FOV or move the camera forward. You don't need three quarters of your screen taken up with the dash anyway.
Where is the "I like it as it is" option?
Quote from AndroidXP :Where is the "I like it as it is" option?

Depends which one your talking about. If you prefer to have it like it is on the x31 patch I suggest you vote for the needle type (analog).
But if the X10 version vote for Digital and Needle Type
Quote from dmwright :Depends which one your talking about. If you prefer to have it like it is on the x31 patch I suggest you vote for the needle type (analog).

But if the X10 version vote for Digital and Needle Type +1 got my vote.
Quote from dmwright :Depends which one your talking about. If you prefer to have it like it is on the x31 patch I suggest you vote for the needle type (analog).

Ok, I'm just being picky, seeing that we still have digital speedos in X31
Quote from AndroidXP :Ok, I'm just being picky, seeing that we still have digital speedos in X31

But not in all cars though
Quote from Kalev EST :Wow, you check the pit lane speed from a tacho? You´re my hero.

Am I your hero too because I use the tacho to keep me under 80 in the pits?
Okay, call me old-fashioned but I like the gauge-style analog needle speedo the best... I think it looks better than an 80's style digital readout. Although I don't usually look at the speedo much during a race, it does come in handy if I'm working on my set and I'm working on top speed, and for pit lane entry and exit.
I'm happy with whatever ScaViEr throws at me, in this regard. I think it adds to the realism, because if you were to drive a race car for a team, IRL, you'd (gladly) take what you're given and you'd eventually get used to it (or you'd better to).
Lol how can anyone think it`s too smal? Even if I had used a 3inces monitor I easely could keep it below the speed limit on 80 in pit.
But you're using chase view, aren't you? So you can only see the virtual gauges anyway, which are not the point of discussion here.
I have seen in car so I know what I talk about. And btw, no I do not have digital speedo, even in chase veiw. It`s showing the same as what you are seeing in cockpit veiw.
I said virtual gauges, I never implied that you use the digital speedo. :doh:
Ahh :doh:
Missreaded sorry.
Digital Speedo
There is no point arguing about this now. The upcoming interior updates are coming next, the situation is going to be different then. Also I am 100% sure that Eric knows about these hard to see numbers and he is going to do something about it.

Infact I think the reason the speedo styles were locked was because we were supposed to get the interiors in this patch, but they got delayed, but the changes to the LFS' coding had already been done.
I really love the needle style speedo, i don't know why but when i drive with a digital speedo it feels weird.
Digital speedo or bigger numbers
I can't really get used to the analog meter too, but who needs a speedometer in a racingcar anyway
Quote from marzman :but who needs a speedometer in a racingcar anyway

ask the manufactures of racing grade dashboard components why they sell digital speedos if no one needs them
As already stated, i'd understand the realism improvement in removing digital speedos, but even at 1280x1024 i can hardly distinguish which is my real top speed and on FBM it is almost impossible to read speed.. For certain cars i'm forced to use virtual, at least i can see something better, but that's odd :/
Quote from Bob Smith :Too small? They're bloody huge! Although the number 8 looks a little funny.

Solution: lower you FOV or move the camera forward. You don't need three quarters of your screen taken up with the dash anyway.

XFG & XRG

Still picture is a little clearer to read than ingame one. I think the numbers are a bit too messy and the could be like 5% bigger.
Digital speedo, preferably with needle please
(not that i use it but i like to have possibility if i wish to do it sometime)
Quote from Californian :XFG & XRG

Still picture is a little clearer to read than ingame one. I think the numbers are a bit too messy and the could be like 5% bigger.

Bob Smith uses a proper perspective because he is using 3 monitors to get the same FOV you do. If you would reduce your FOV down to see a proper perspective with your point of view, your speedo would be properly huge as well.

I have no problem seeing the speedo in any car on my 17 inch CRT.
You should never be looking at your speedo anyways, only your revs.

Bring Back Digital Speedo!!
(193 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG