The online racing simulator
DMC World DJ Championship Final 2006

Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke soundtrack.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Kev, don't take this the wrong way, but are you old enough to remember Half Man Half Biscuit ? I'm guessing but i think they'd be right up your street.

Of course I remember them. Actually I might be wrong, but I think my band opened for them once. It's difficult to say, for reasons I won't expand upon for fear of suggesting that I spent my teenage years and early twenties in a practically uninterrupted drug-induced stupour, but I think we did open for them once.
6. Prophets Of War

[Music: Dream Theater / Lyrics: James LaBrie]

It burns deep down inside of me,
We have ourselves to blame.
Not questioning, accepted as the truth.

Debate this fight it's just cause
The facts do not support theirs
To liberate a people
And rid them of tyrant rule

Is it time to make a change?
Are we closer than before?
Can we help them break away?
Are we profiting from war?

It's time to make a change.

Intrigued
Got your attention - deceived
Since the inception - our brave
Fight for what reason

Compelled
Can we clean up this mess?
The loss of loved ones
A perverse request
They continue the same rhetoric
These derelicts that profit
Win or lose

It's time to make a change

Time for change
Fight the fear
Find the truth
Time for change

The only thing
That I believe
Will help us see this through is faith.
Pray they will forgive,
Forgive our arrogance,
So we can make it right,
Right what they have wronged.

See you sweat
Unexpected, controversial
Get used to it
Things are gonna get personal
Your sympathy
A pitiful display you stutter
Your empathy
Means nothing if there is no honor
Responsible
Of this you are incapable
We implicate
Incriminate - Exacerbate - Too much at stake

Our Fathers, Mothers
Sisters, Brothers
Sons and Daughters
Forced
Perpetuating their ideals
A mindless act
To stay the course

A change from what it's been
Is our patience wearing thin?
It's time to make a change

Time for change
Fight the fear
Find the truth
Time for change
Quote from thisnameistaken :Of course I remember them. Actually I might be wrong, but I think my band opened for them once. It's difficult to say, for reasons I won't expand upon for fear of suggesting that I spent my teenage years and early twenties in a practically uninterrupted drug-induced stupour, but I think we did open for them once.

Ok dude, it's been two years and to the best of my knowledge you've never mentioned the name of your band, erm ex band. You worried someone on these forums might have seen you on TOTP's or something ? are you, or were you famous ?

You're from Leeds right ?, so we taking Cud ? Red Lorry Yellow Lorry ? Chumbawumba ? erm, thats all i can think of from that neck of the woods, and i know you weren't in the Wedding Present. Hmmm there's another big band that i can't remember the name of...Inspiral Carpets, arn't they from Leeds ?

cum'on kidda spit it out, should we be asking for your autograph or asking for back copies of your albums ?

edit: some more spring to mind but i think you're far to young, The Mission, All About Eve, Fields of the Nephalim (spelling), never gonna be Sisters of Mercy.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Ok dude, it's been two years and to the best of my knowledge you've never mentioned the name of your band, erm ex band. You worried someone on these forums might have seen you on TOTP's or something ? are you, or were you famous ?

Oh hell no, I was never in a signed band, never even put out a record. I nearly turned up on some Nightmares on Wax tunes but they hired this bastard called Hamlet Luton instead (he basically went everywhere before me in Leeds, picking up all the best gigs on account of him having an impossibly cool name). I may have turned up on a few (dozen) house tunes in the early '90s but I don't know - I used to hang around a studio on weekends where they put out a lot of prints that got played in places like Basics, but whether they used my tracks or not I don't know. I went to college with Dave Beer actually - he's a good lad.

Quote from Mazz4200 : You're from Leeds right ?, so we taking Cud ? Red Lorry Yellow Lorry ? Chumbawumba ? erm, thats all i can think of from that neck of the woods, and i know you weren't in the Wedding Present. Hmmm there's another big band that i can't remember the name of...Inspiral Carpets, arn't they from Leeds ?

Carpets were Mancunian. I am still a massive Cud fan and saw them last year at the Irish Centre - they were awesome!. Carl and William used to turn up to see my band sometimes when I was a little upstart teenager, and they were always very encouraging, but no - I never played for any of those bands.

I was offered a couple of record deals in the UK when I was in my late teens. The first one (Arista, IIRC) I turned down because our guitarist had just left to go to uni and we couldn't find anyone to replace him. The next deal offered really wasn't very good - it looked like not much more than a tax loss deal.

Then I moved to the USA and the band I was playing for over there got offered a deal from Sony New York, but they were dirty bastards. They bunged us all sorts of trivial little treats and expected us to sign our futures away in return, so we told them to stick it up their arses.

And that's the end of my story, really. I was too punk to sign.
Arcana - Closure
Quote from Hyperactive :Now playing: Arch enemy: Saints and sinners. (didn't bother to check if that was the album or track name)

:gt: D'oh

:drummer:
Quote from Hankstar :Dave Lombardo rules. I've seen him play with Fantomas twice (that's Mike Patton's other other other other band ) and he truly is a monster! Utterly insane to watch and hear and feel

Unfortunately, what I'm listening to right now is Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire. I'm at work and the office ladies like to have it on bloody Gold FM - the middle-of-the-road 1970-1990 hits and memories station. Grr!

He RULES, saw slayer at Download 07, awesome, but not a good as the mighty Machine Head

Machne Head - Imperium
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hehe. OK, well here it is!
You might be a bit disappointed, but it does suit the song perfectly, and that's what being a good musician is all about.

Yes, I understood, the song is just not my style but solo part fits right. Right action in right time makes difference.

Now playing:
Dream Theater - As I am
Nancy Sinatra - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
Radiohead - House of cards.

Excellent album, In Rainbows
Quote from hrtburnout :Radiohead - House of cards.

Excellent album, In Rainbows

I agree!

The Automatic - Monster
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh hell no, I was never in a signed band, never even put out a record.

Oh i see, and here's me thinking you were a reclusive ex-international pop star who's living off the royalties of a huge number one Christmas hit from the early 90's, and just did this computer monkey malarkey for a bit of extra pocket money. ho-hum.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I nearly turned up on some Nightmares on Wax tunes but they hired this bastard called Hamlet Luton instead (he basically went everywhere before me in Leeds, picking up all the best gigs on account of him having an impossibly cool name).

Must admit i've never heard of the band, but Hamlet Luton is a damn cool name, sounds like his natural home would have been with Norbert Nobacon and Alice Nutter in Chumbawhumba. By comparison our bass player was called Dave. (incidently, he's now a bleedin politician !, and the rhythm guitarist 'Nasty Nick' is a chuffing TV doctor type person, double !!)

Quote from thisnameistaken : I may have turned up on a few (dozen) house tunes in the early '90s but I don't know - I used to hang around a studio on weekends where they put out a lot of prints that got played in places like Basics, but whether they used my tracks or not I don't know. I went to college with Dave Beer actually - he's a good lad.

Again i'm not familiar with Basics or Dave Beer, (i stopped visiting Leeds when the last Goth died* (about 1989) so i guess the scene changed quite a lot after that). But a bit of session work, albeit uncredited and unpayed, is a darn sight better than many many others will ever achieve

Quote from thisnameistaken :I am still a massive Cud fan and saw them last year at the Irish Centre - they were awesome!.

Wow, they still going, guess its the love of the music and having a laugh is what it's really about, and not just selling your soul for a quick buck.

Quote from thisnameistaken :when I was a little upstart

When ?......when did you stop being a little upstart

Quote from thisnameistaken :.........(record companies) were dirty bastards.

Tell me about it, my uncle was the CEO of a large collection of small independant-ish record labels (he's actually got someone playing him in 'Sid and Nancy') When i was young it was great visiting him, you'd get to meet all sorts of weird and wonderful famous faces, and he is seriously rich, got an amazing house/cars etc. It wasn't until i grew up and discovered he's actually got a reputation as being a complete twat as well as a bit of a wanker, but thats the music business for you. He recently bought Handmade Films in what appears to be a very underhand slimy and devious way (got it on the cheap + managed to avoid having to pay its huge debt), so no change there then.

Quote from thisnameistaken :really. I was too punk to sign.

You're a cool dude Kev......not even Iggy Pop was too punk to sign

* now thats an oxymoron if there ever was one

But that was still a really interesting read, good on ya
Quote from Mazz4200 :Oh i see, and here's me thinking you were a reclusive ex-international pop star who's living off the royalties of a huge number one Christmas hit from the early 90's, and just did this computer monkey malarkey for a bit of extra pocket money. ho-hum.

I knew I should've typed up some exciting-sounding lies instead. I wouldn't have time for this place if I was busy snorting coke out of the navels of supermodels though, would I?
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Deftones's Adrenaline album.
Now I am listenin on some album from Ozzy. In the queve the songs "No more tears" and "Breaking all the rules" are listed, and I`ll love them both. Gotta love that sync guitar solo`s
Ministry of Sound Anthems - 1991-2008
My Chemical Romance - Famous last words
Dream Theater - Peruvian Skies
Muse - Assassin
Wigan Pir 59
The Stone Roses - Fools Gold
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread
(16853 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG