The online racing simulator
Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
Drifting A.I.??
Maybe we could make it where u can press a button and a.i can drift too... Just an idea!!
#2 - AW06
Its Live For Speed, not Live For Drift, its a racing sim not a drift sim!!
Quote from greg_slideways :Just an idea!!

Thankfully, that's all it is.

No thanks! I think Scawen has enough on his plate to get S2 finished as a racing simulator as it is.
Seems boring, go find someone online to drift with, not a.i.

And It's a racing sim.
well its more like "OMG! no front brakes and I can't control the rear lockup!"
-1 big time
sage
sage
Your nick suits my reply aswell
and i thought Gunn was crazy with his idea
You can make a setup for the AI to slide when they take turns.

Quote from AW06 :Its Live For Speed, not Live For Drift, its a racing sim not a drift sim!!

It says speed, not live for RACE.

And if so, shut down the following :

Drag strip = gone
Skid pad, car park, etc.
Cruise servers - Gone.
All rallycross tracks - Gone.

You canot compare drift to rallycross?
Oh my god, thats the most stupid comparison ever! Sure, in rallycross they slides, but thats due to the less grip on track and aswell as powerfull road cars without fancy wings-system and such. If you belive that drifting and rallycross can be compared..well...eh..no.
#13 - joen
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :It says speed, not live for RACE.

Well, you need speed in order to race. Furthermore, it actually says Live for Speed online RACING simulator.

Quote :

Drag strip = gone

I never drag but it IS a form of racing, with speed being the determining factor. Furthermore the drag strip can be used to test the acceleration of a racing setup.

Quote :
Skid pad, car park, etc.

Well, the skid pad is meant to assist in tuning setups which you use to race.

Quote :
Cruise servers - Gone.

Can't argue with that.

Quote :

In rally "drifting" is a needed RACING technique to be fast and win races. So there's a big difference with drifting on tarmac where it just slows you down.
:bananadea
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :You can make a setup for the AI to slide when they take turns.

Drag strip = gone
Skid pad, car park, etc.
Cruise servers - Gone.

Rallycross tracks? So racing on a rallycross track isn't classed as "racing"?

LFS isn't totally dedicated to proper racing, Thats why Scawen aknowledges drifters, but "a button that makes the ai drift"? Thats wierd.
#16 - Jakg
Racing = Logical. keep the speed up, shortest distance between apexs etc. Fairly easy to do Ai for.

Drifting = "Style". No real "Logic" to it.

WTH is the point in making the Ai drift?! Shouldn't YOU be drifting?!
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :

It says 'Live for Speed: Online Racing Simulator'

Quote :

Drag strip = gone
Skid pad, car park, etc.
Cruise servers - Gone.

Drag racing is a form of racing, admittedly pretty unimaginative and without stupidly powerful cars it is exceptionally boring driving in a straight line. Autocross is a competitive motorsport event (although not wheel to wheel racing) so has a place as a side show in LFS, however if a few simpler people decide to simulate driving round the Halfords car park at 3am that doesn't mean to say that it's a recognised form of motorsport. Likewise I personally find it a complete joke that power sliding a car is now a sport, but LFS simulates powerful RWD cars so by definition it will let people drift, doesn't mean to say it's a drift sim thankfully now Scawen's added a filter to get rid of the novelty servers from our list.

I'm a bit confused how you don't consider rallycross racing the last time I checked it involved a group of scarily quick cars banging wheels racing round a track. The FIA consider it a sport unlike drifting or cruising anyway
I'm imagine if you have a play with the setups and *really* loosen the back end, you'll get the AI to powerslide round most corners.
Quote from Jakg :WTH is the point in making the Ai drift?! Shouldn't YOU be drifting?!

he doesn't have a drift button
We haven't had a drift vs race argument for oh, a couple of days now.

Maybe drifters and racers can unite against the common enemy - cruisers!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :We haven't had a drift vs race argument for oh, a couple of days now.

Maybe drifters and racers can unite against the common enemy - cruisers!

Even better maybe the AI will become so advanced that if Scawen added drift AI they'd start fighting with the normal AI and never get round to racing
Quote from ajp71 :Even better maybe the AI will become so advanced that if Scawen added drift AI they'd start fighting with the normal AI and never get round to racing

:huepfenic
OK drifting is racing it is a motor sport witch is RACING...SO all that disagree say excatly why drift isnt racing
Quote from Jakg :Racing = Logical. keep the speed up, shortest distance between apexs etc. Fairly easy to do Ai for.

Drifting = "Style". No real "Logic" to it.

WTH is the point in making the Ai drift?! Shouldn't YOU be drifting?!

I do drift i just get tired of Noobs chrashing me wen i try to on a server
This thread is closed

Drifting A.I.??
(155 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG