The online racing simulator
How To Blip...?
(37 posts, started )
Quote from mrodgers :Exactly!!!!

I don't know the spacing between the pedals on MOMO vs. G25. I have a MOMO with extra pedals connected for clutch. I'm new to it, as I just got it connected up last weekend in preparation of the patch.

I can't heel-toe because of the spacing between brake and pedal. I have to rotate my heel around way too much to reach. Or, if I try to hit it by curling my ankle and use the side of my foot, it falls between the pedals.

I tried with a pair of moccasin slippers and it helped a bunch. Full out shoes would just be to large and cumbersome for game controller pedals. In fact, with the slippers, I only wear one because even they are too big to hit the clutch with. The 2 pedals on the old set I'm using are too close together for me to wear the moccasin on my left foot.

Here's what I use....

Seriously, they are similar to below, but not as much "fuzzy" on the insides.....

I'm able to reach the throttle just fine by either rotating my heel around, or rotating the side of the foot down to the pedal. I just plain old stink at heel-toe now. No excuse for not being able to reach anymore.

Sorry mate, I think I got you beat.. check my avatar. I've had that... for a while.
Maybe what I do will help. Firstly, doing the heel/toe thing is to me much different with a G25 than it is with my real car.

So I cheat....a little. I keep auto clutch on, but select shifter, and still using the clutch manually, It is like having training wheels on a bike. Eventually, you can take them off and ride (or in this case, blip) just fine.

Try it!
I use G25 as well i heel toe to the botom of the gas pedal i tap it while using clutch...and let of gas to up shift or downshift in new car haha
Quote from niall09 :I dont use clutch when downshifting... should this even work?

I brake with my left foot, change gear, and then blip the throttle to match the revs.

I hate your quote...Sorry i street race i have since quit but i have there is nowhere to go so i had to do it on the street
Quote from Mako. :Sorry mate, I think I got you beat.. check my avatar. I've had that... for a while.

LOL. Sorry, I have Avatars and signatures turned off for easier work forum viewing. Didn't ever see your avatar before this.
Quote from greg_slideways :I hate your quote...Sorry i street race i have since quit but i have there is nowhere to go so i had to do it on the street

You have the choice to race on the track, or not race. Racing on the street is not an option and having "nowhere to go" isn't a valid excuse.

But, that is off-topic, and already has a thread, or several for it.
Quote from Californian :http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U So the blipping is becoming popular

lol, I don't know what game it is that he is playing there but in a real car, if you jab on the brakes like he is doing there, you are going to spin. Or, at the minimum, be locking up every single time.

Game pedals make it hard to heel toe. The brake pedal level is always lower than the gas pedal when braking and the brake is way too soft over its travel.

Adapt and overcome!
Quote from mrodgers :I have a MOMO with extra pedals connected for clutch. I'm new to it, as I just got it connected up last weekend in preparation of the patch.

I've got a Momo too and am currently using a wheel button as the clutch which is not ideal. Anyone know if there is such thing as a standalone USB clutch?
Else, do pedal sets like the ACT labs ones work OK with Momos wheels?
Quote from farcar :I've got a Momo too and am currently using a wheel button as the clutch which is not ideal. Anyone know if there is such thing as a standalone USB clutch?

Since you quoted me, I'll respond.....

My pedals are a 13 year old Thrustmaster T2 set. So, I can't comment on the ACT Labs pedals. I thought you could connect them to the MOMO it's self rather than separate to the PC as another controller. I could be mistaken though. Don't quote me on that.
Quote from farcar :I've got a Momo too and am currently using a wheel button as the clutch which is not ideal. Anyone know if there is such thing as a standalone USB clutch?

It depends on what you buy. I know with my ECCI pedals, you can buy a set that works through your DFP or G25, or you can buy the type that are a stand alone USB controller of their own. I started with the former, and upgraded to the latter.

I am sure ACT labs is similar.
Quote from Hallen :It depends on what you buy. I know with my ECCI pedals, you can buy a set that works through your DFP or G25, or you can buy the type that are a stand alone USB controller of their own. I started with the former, and upgraded to the latter.

I am sure ACT labs is similar.

Thanks for that guys. I'd probably get standalone. I might get a nice solid industrial strength set rather than just a standalone clutch (if such a thing even exists).

Patch Y is starting to cost me already.

EDIT - These are tempting but expensive

http://advantage1.com.au/Shop/ ... _id=10&products_id=73

How To Blip...?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG