The online racing simulator

Poll : Kind of tracks we wanna see

Long Circuit on a new base( like lemans/ nordschleife )
Rally/hillclimb Stages
Normal Circuit on a new base( like AS/KY national
trackeditor with posibility to make racks with pre made turns and straigts ( like slotcars )
Short Circuit on a new base( like AS Club )
Offroad track ( with jumps )
Rallycross tracks on a new base
karting tracks
1 mile Oval
Figure of 8 ( banger )
0.5 Mile Oval
I've got to say something about this post than in all honesty has completely surprised me. I'll admit I think oval racing can be a little lackluster when it comes to skill, entertainment, and the typical LFS community, but I have to say that one of the major problems with the game is the lack, or the non-existence, of a variety of oval tracks. Even though I don't personal see myself on the ovals much, I really respect the art of oval racing. The reason I'm surprised is because the lack of votes for ovals just simply because it's something the game badly NEEDS. I hope the admins realize that even though there are not a large number of oval racers at this point, The introduction of new ovals with help bring forth more of the NASCAR, IRL, or any oval simulation groups to LFS. I'm sure they've thought of all this in the past and probably have so much on the table the hardest part of development is picking out which parts of the game to develop.

Anyways, point being. In my eyes the introduction of at least two, if not three of four new oval tracks to the game, is almost a needed step at this point of development. How do you guys feel about trying to bring more of the oval racers to LFS, and in part, turn some of the LFS drivers into oval racers?
Quote from BigTime :I've got to say something about this post than in all honesty has completely surprised me. I'll admit I think oval racing can be a little lackluster when it comes to skill, entertainment, and the typical LFS community, but I have to say that one of the major problems with the game is the lack, or the non-existence, of a variety of oval tracks. Even though I don't personal see myself on the ovals much, I really respect the art of oval racing. The reason I'm surprised is because the lack of votes for ovals just simply because it's something the game badly NEEDS. I hope the admins realize that even though there are not a large number of oval racers at this point, The introduction of new ovals with help bring forth more of the NASCAR, IRL, or any oval simulation groups to LFS. I'm sure they've thought of all this in the past and probably have so much on the table the hardest part of development is picking out which parts of the game to develop.

Anyways, point being. In my eyes the introduction of at least two, if not three of four new oval tracks to the game, is almost a needed step at this point of development. How do you guys feel about trying to bring more of the oval racers to LFS, and in part, turn some of the LFS drivers into oval racers?

Here here. As a retired real life oval tracker, I shed tears of Methanol when Ratbag Games sold out.

With only 2 days unlocked practice, the most skill at Kyota ? is seeing how many times I can spin down the straights in hot lapping.

Hmm, dirt oval would be nice.
So Highway 1 2 3
SO6-a long Course of highway
SO7-a short Course of highway
SO8-a full Course Point to point highway
Attached images
SO6.JPG
SO7.JPG
SO8.JPG
Looks interesting, but it would be too big. Because it would need some scenery aswell.
Quote from scania :So Highway 1 2 3
SO6-a long Course of highway
SO7-a short Course of highway
SO8-a full Course Point to point highway

there are too many long straights.
Quote from legoflamb :there are too many long straights.

1.it is a highway so it should be very stright, the the gear must be higher than 3rd gear(4-7th gear) at all time on track(excluded start, pit & crash)
2.the road in the dark side can changh, no need to make it like how I draw
Quote from The Very End :Looks interesting, but it would be too big. Because it would need some scenery aswell.

It is the only way yo link up the highway in so & let the car keep on highway & keep fast....
I mean, that it canot just be road around
They need to add trees, etc
Quote from The Very End :I mean, that it canot just be road around
They need to add trees, etc

yayaya, it's a good idea
OR, they COULD just make the Nurburgring and that would solve the problem real fast.

I'm enjoying this too much aren't i??? LOL
i like the idea of a long track in SO (for Gtr and formula) but with more curbs tha suggested before. More curbs + lang straight road + wider streets will be fun.

In existing environnement, i hope to see a blackwood GP long version avbout 5 or 6 km with trees on sides and maybe a long tunnel.

Same thing with fernbay: long tracks for GTR and wider roads.

The objectives before new environnements:

A track/environnment for each car class.
Quote from Tony Pearce :OR, they COULD just make the Nurburgring and that would solve the problem real fast.

I'm enjoying this too much aren't i??? LOL

Yeah
Your a dreamer, thats for sure.
N _ R D _ C H L E I _ E

ok for rally and rallycross too
Aswell as wanting a new track in general of any type.
I picked 1 mile oval
You should add option 0.5mile Dirt oval to your poll because no dirt tracks on lfs require knobbley tyres, but a all dirt oval would make good use of them

Or i wish they would just fix KY oval so its not so wide and fix the turns and the kink on the streight which souldnt be there, and to make it the back streight and make turn 2 the tri oval with the finish line on the turn.

If they was to bring a new track into lfs, i wish they added the Three Sisters Race track neer wigan:
http://www.three-sisters.co.uk/circuit.asp

if you look at the verry long right hander from the top of the pictures to the bottom of the picture, that is a fairly steep down hill and is great for racing.
Its a Carting/Supermoto track, and iv done both there and its fantastic.
#40 - pipa
Please the Nordschleife . I have been round the Nordschleife a million times in GTR2, but it would be way more fun to do it in LFS.
only problem of the nordschleife is when you are hotlapping and make a mistake in turn one ( $%#&@*$ now i need to drive 8 minutes for a second try )
Quote from henrico-20- :only problem of the nordschleife is when you are hotlapping and make a mistake in turn one ( $%#&@*$ now i need to drive 8 minutes for a second try )

Lol exactly what I was thinking. Long tracks require a lot of patience :S. Mistake on first turn = frustration = more wheels broken.

Hillclimb/downhill seems to be one of the favorites and I honestly would love to see that. Hopefully the devs look at this thread and take it under consideration .
Just make a Bathurst style track then - up and down with a big height difference. Something like 100 meters would be brutal.
If we got Bathurst (or there was a chance of someone making it) I'd happily drive up there (3 hours, but in my car, who cares) and take as many photo's and measurements they could possibly want.
that is a good looking track and i think fun to drive! but i also think you need a lot of practise laps to know the circuit
I've always thought a Grand Turismo Grand Vally like course would be a cool course on LFS. Or maybe a Realistic mountain road like circuit
Quote from ghost racer :I've always thought a Grand Turismo Grand Vally like course would be a cool course on LFS. Or maybe a Realistic mountain road like circuit

Totally agree with you, that track is awesome.
I have not played it since GT3 so I canot comment how it may looks now, but back then it was fantastic.
there are a few GT4 tracks that i like! The Fuji race park is one of them!

there you have an oval and 2 or 3 diffrent tracks
Vote people! VOTE VOTE VOTE
A piece from all.
Voted for ''Short circuits''.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG