The online racing simulator
Nvidia 8800GT
(65 posts, started )
Asus Crosshair - wOOt!
lolz
8800GT SSC - wOOt! We have so much in common!

...well not yet, but I'm hoping for that version for xmas, lol.
Since we are talking about the 8800gt. Which is recommended? I see 8800gt with 340mb DDR3, (which was what I was thinking of asking for christmas) but I ran into a 8800gt 512mb DDR3 on ebuyer, I didnt recognise the company, looked a new manufacture for nVidia.

2 examples:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136561

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134871

Was going to ask this for christmas, but which one to choose, there are so many 8800GTs to choose from! .
Definitely try and get the 512 mb version...

...otherwise it's like buying a 747 but with only two engines - it'll fly, but just barely, and it will have a LOT of trouble taking off when fully loaded.

lol, that's such a great analogy.
#57 - Jakg
nVidia = Generic. nVidia already make the cards int he first place, eVGA just warranty them and sometimes use a new cooler.

The 320 MB version is the 8800GTS. Currently the 8800GT is faster than the 8800GTS (confusing, i know!), however a new 8800GTS is in the works.

I've never been keen on the 320 MB GTS myself, as i was sucked into buying a low-memory card (256 MB 7950GT, rather than the "full fat" 512 MB version), and with the way textures are going, you will be limited in newer games if you get a monitor over 22".
It seems the 8800GTS I got is a higher version than regular 640MB cards. Newegg shows other GTS's have 96 stream processors while mine has 112.
well then u have the G92 based but since it isnt out yet... u sure u dont have a GT instead of a gtS
Quote from h3adbang3r :It seems the 8800GTS I got is a higher version than regular 640MB cards. Newegg shows other GTS's have 96 stream processors while mine has 112.

You must either have a different card, or the software that's giving you your info is wrong. The updated GTS cards aren't out yet. Unless they accidentally sent you a beta unit or something, in which case I'd sell it on ebay for $1000 or something, lol.
just decided i'm gonna buy tomorrow a 8800GTS 320MB from XFX, its really hard to get a 8800GT and GTS (G92) also wont be easy so im just gonna buy the "old" GTS but at a fair discount at work
why on earth would u do that scrabby?
Especially the 320mb version, every new game is designed with 512Vram in mind so dont expect a 320mb card to perform well in 2008.

I would simply preorder a new GTS, they will be in stock from 11/12 onwards. So preorder one and it will be shipped on 11/12. If u want to wait till they have stock ofc they will all be sold allready. (just like the 8800GT now)
And how much will new gtS cost? More than current GT?

I am thinking of buying new PC but then i dunno if prices stay high becouse of x-mas and all those hollydays? Is it better wait till January/February? Maybe Some new Quads that are cheaper than those now appear? Wat do u say?
I'm getting an 8800GT... It's been ordered and is on its way.
#65 - JTbo
Had to cancel my 8800GT order as I was waiting Club 3d and little bird told me that it will go to January until those ship and then I'm back working my arse off, so no point getting card until at summer.

What I have gathered about card:
Cooling sucks, not very quiet either
Can get heat problems with stock clock if case ventilation is not good
Is really really quick for that price
New revision of cooling introduced around week ago, keep on eye for those

Nvidia 8800GT
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG