20UTC
21UTC
10UTC
11UTC
12UTC
22UTC.

Thats if UTC is BST+1?

Maybe a poll would be better Arrow
Whatever time you guys in Australia can wake up for since your the organisers and it's best to get the league started on time then late.
Quote from BenjiMC :Whatever time you guys in Australia can wake up for

+1

And a poll would be better
Ok, i will put up a poll but i need to know what are the possible and impossible start times otherwise.
if i put a poll up with all 24hours it will be pointless
How does it work if you have mid day in UTC and work it from there.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Start times ey, I would have to go with either 10UTC or 21UTC, they seem to translate over well for me
10UTC here
Quote from Arrow. :What start time do you suggest?

20UTC
21UTC
10UTC
11UTC
12UTC

we prefer something like 20 UTC, cuz 10 UTC here in america is like 4 hours less than in Europe , imagine waking up at 6am to race ? would be weird, it would be easy to race in the afternoon ... 4pm -5pm .... son you race in the night (europe) or make the groups by the time zone, to be available each nation to participate okay ...
and the day, saturday or friday would be great

Thanks

Chano XspaTM
Quote from chanoman315 :we prefer something like 20 UTC, cuz 10 UTC here in america is like 4 hours less than in Europe , imagine waking up at 6am to race ? would be weird, it would be easy to race in the afternoon ... 4pm -5pm .... son you race in the night (europe) or make the groups by the time zone, to be available each nation to participate okay ..

Yeah, it would be weird racing at 6am, but the matter of the fact is, some country will have to. If you have it at 20UTC, it'll be all those nations in the Oceania Timezone who will have to wake up early and race.

Please be considerate of other countries than your own.

I think what Arrow's done is good with setting the starting time different each round which means that one or a number of countries have to wake up constantly at 6am to race.
Quote from J_luo88 :
Please be considerate of other countries than your own.

yes, i had that in count, why not the "groups" or divisions of the races, can be like America, with some of Europe, or Europe with some of Oceania, and the finals, no matter what time u have to race, because are the finals..the timezones that are considerable, the nations can be related in the groups, and in the fiinals, i already said that
My understanding of how the BOTN is going to work is that we want allt he nations into one server preferably. This is the distinction between BOTN and Nations Cup.

I would think this would work better (to group) but then again, there won't be that many racers in the American timezone and there won't be many in the AustralAsian timezone either.
Quote from J_luo88 :My understanding of how the BOTN is going to work is that we want allt he nations into one server preferably. This is the distinction between BOTN and Nations Cup.

I would think this would work better (to group) but then again, there won't be that many racers in the American timezone and there won't be many in the AustralAsian timezone either.

well im just posting my opinion, i dont want to turn this into a problem, i dont care racing at 6am.... cuz mostly of the f1 races i see them at that time, the thing here is, what days
My opinion...
We we just do what we did in the nations cup.

Set the groups and let the managers of each country organized themselves.
I was the manager last time and work pretty good.

just a simple comment
#15 - Gaas
Quote from NelsonGPV :We we just do what we did in the nations cup.

Set the groups and let the managers of each country organized themselves.
I was the manager last time and work pretty good.

just a simple comment

+1
About time Zones and nations.
Quote from J_luo88 :My understanding of how the BOTN is going to work is that we want allt he nations into one server preferably. This is the distinction between BOTN and Nations Cup.

I like the idea to have all nations in one server, this means:

32 nations with one driver
16 nations with 2 drivers

However if we have more than 32 nations we can set up a qualifying entries by regions like FIFA Does.

About the time of the Race I will suggest the organizers set the best time for you and let other countries adjust according to each time Zone.

Example in our Latinamerican champ, since I am the organizaer I decide to set the time at 7pm Mexico. The rest of the countries need to adjust to that time For Argentina and Brazil the race time is they are +2 so they race at 9 pm.

Just brainstorming
Theres no way of doing this series in a way that will suit all nations, its too far beyond reasonable expectation for it to be doable.

Whatever the start time is, there will be at least 1 quarter of the globe ruled out because of the local time, it would require considerable dedication on their part to enter.

Accounts will start dipping East of Europe and only really start to pick up at Australia, numbers in that zone will be slim and also tricky to cater for anyway. So if you consider Aus - US - EU is where the majority of racers live and when it could work best for those areas then your looking at +9/10 -8/-5 & 0/+2 for those areas which is a 17hr spread which is doable. 20-22UTC means mid-AM in Australia, early afternoon in the Americas, and late evening/night in Europe. If you move the time 2hrs either direction it either makes it too early for Australasia or too late for Europe, if you switch it 12hrs then it becomes early AM for the America's.

The majority of nations will come from Europe, thats obvious enough, then the Americas, then Australasia, followed by the Middle East, and it should be catered to suit as many people as possible, if its put to public vote then it'll just be decided by what suits the voting drivers best, not the nations, and not always whats in the best interest of the series. 20-22 makes things possible for the widest audience, thats why bott runs at 20utc hardly because arrow likes getting up just before 6/7am.

As for regionals then finals, in theory its a good idea, but in reality it probably isnt the answer. If you stick with the FIFA/World Cup example, its perfect for allowing the best teams from over 100 countries into 1 tournement of 32 nations (IIRC) but the problem is they are professional footballers, and the matches take place in 1 nation with all the players in the same place. They're not expected to field their best 11 at 4am when they have family/work/social lifes to work around, in BoTN thats the reality of it. If you qualify but your best drivers have a problem with getting up at 8am on a Sunday, being home at 10pm on a Saturday or not being out shopping or at the game on Saturday evening, then your hardly the same team that qualified.
It would be far better if we could do it regionally, it'd be much smoother and more flexable, but when it came to taking those regional finalists into the main final your stuck with all the problems it faces if it starts with if theres no regionals.

It'll just require a bit of dedication and sacrifices from most nations (some more than other). Personally i think global events are just too problematic and *just* regional events would be easier and better for everyone, 'bigger isnt always better' springs to mind but it depends what the aim is, better racing or wow factor, IMO the only thing a global series would have over a regional only is a defining answer, whether its accurate/fair or not is easy to argue though.
#18 - ekze
20 UTC is too late for Russia, 18 would be ok... If its impossible, then we prefer 12 UTC on the weekend.
Keep the ball rolling...
I would like to suggest to publish the list of nations signed in and show the UTC time of every country so we can have an idea the diference of hours of each nations, and try to work something out.

Who have the entrie list?

keep going...
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG