The online racing simulator
Coldest morning of winter 2007 this morning
(43 posts, started )
-5, pretty cold, even the de-icer I sprayed on my windscreen froze up .

I guess it's probably not as cold as some of you lot get, so how cold was it with you this morning?
#2 - Jakg
Cold enough that i'm glad my bike is broken. Although waiting for a bus for 10 minutes wasn't exactly fun, either.

*awaits "The Scotts" to arrive in thread and talk about how they waded through the ice in their Kilt*
Here down south we had 2C when i checked at 8.45am. Nothing exciting really.

mad
Cold over here too.

Al Gore must be skeptical....
Ohhh cool you are!
Here we had -12C today. Beeing outside is a pain without propper clothing ( and I have like no winter clothc, silly me).
Yup, bring on global warming I say

Would be nice not to freeze my tits off waiting for the car to warm up

See, there you go, -12, proper cold

I was watching a program the other night, and they had a room that was -110, they said if you stand in it for 30 secs it can cure arthritis and other ailments, sod that.
well it is warm here in estonia atm. +1 this morning, i hate when it's like that so we don't have snow, I feel so depressed when i look out from my window...everything is gray and foggy. Best temperature in winter is -1 to -6...but we can get down to around -25 aswell (usually it happends in January, to make sure that we have nice waaaarm and black christmas )
We had -4 here, but still now snow dammit >.< I've got my winter clothing, but it is rated for up to -20 and I get hot and sweaty in anything above -10 (or -5 if there is snow). So I've been walking around in some cotton trousers and a t-shirt because it is still too warm for anything else >.<
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :We had -4 here, but still now snow dammit So I've been walking around in some cotton trousers and a t-shirt because it is still too warm for anything else >.<

ugh...with t'shirt in minus degrees... I doubt that even eskimos do that
Quote from -NightFly- :ugh...with t'shirt in minus degrees...cmoon I doubt that even eskimos do that

Ahhh....but he is 'ard he's from op north
Quote from danowat :Ahhh....but he is 'ard he's for op north

Lmao, well mostly just too lazy to dig out a jumper, but my body runs overtime so I'm always warm.
Quote from Jakg :Cold enough that i'm glad my bike is broken. Although waiting for a bus for 10 minutes wasn't exactly fun, either.

*awaits Scotts to arrive in thread and talk about how they waded through the ice in their Kilt*

Who is Scott?

FFS.......

You get getter English from the foreigners than the natives on this place

ps - pretty warm up here this morning.
#13 - Jakg
I'm in the middle of the most boring Geography lesson ever with a council worker lecturing us on redeveloping a nearby town with WiFi benches. As every second ticks by i'm loosing the will to live, i think you should excuse me missing a "The"

6th Form ftw, eh?
Warmer out here. About +10 and rainy. But will be near 0 in the weekend...And the traffic jam, it's like hell.Takes about 1.5 hours to the office. I hate!!!
Quote from HVS5b :You get getter English from the foreigners than the natives on this place

Nice way to prove your own point there

This morning we had -2°C, not sure if it's the coldest morning so far as we've had a couple of other cold ones a few weeks ago, but it's still bloody cold.
Quote from HVS5b :Who is Scott?

FFS.......

You get getter English from the foreigners than the natives on this place

ps - pretty warm up here this morning.

If you're going to lecture someone on their use of English you should really get it right yourself.
I thought by now we'd have some Finnish people in here calling us all softies. With any luck their broadband pipes have frozen.
You are a bunch of sissy pants! Especially you Kev!

Hasn't been cold here yet, only -4 now. Keeps the snow melting, but I want more! Around -10 is a nice temperature I think.

And some more snow please kthnxbye
#19 - mr_x
-5C this morning here. My car was covered in frost, so I switched the engine on, put front and rear heated screens on, scraped the driver and passenger door windows, got back in the car, wiped the by now melted frost off the windscreen and off to work I go. The roads were quite icey this morning too.
-20 and I might consider wearing a hat. Or pants. But there's no temperature low enough to make me wear long underwear.
#21 - Nobo
Hope you'll also announce the "hottest day of the year" on the 1st of january

In my area we didnt have real snow or real winter-day yet this "winter"
#22 - JTbo
Quote from danowat :Thats the one, it is grim up north (name the band)

Bless Jimmy Cauty - he's a very clever feller.
Quote from danowat :Ahhh....but he is 'ard he's from op north

Quote :So how hard are the blokes from the North East??

50 DEGREES
Southerners turn on the heating.
People in Newcastle plant their gardens.

40 DEGREES
Southerners shiver uncontrollably.
People in Newcastle sunbathe.

35 DEGREES
Southern cars will not start.
People in Newcastle drive with the windows down.

20 DEGREES
Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats.
People in Newcastle throw on a T-shirt (girls start wearing mini skirts.)

15 DEGREES
Southerners begin to evacuate.
People in Newcastle go swimming in the North Sea.

ZERO DEGREES
Southern landlords turn up the heat.
People in Newcastle have the last barbecue before it gets cold.

MINUS 10 DEGREES
Southerners cease to exist.
People in Newcastle throw on a lightweight jacket.

MINUS 80 DEGREES
Polar bears wonder if it's worth it.
Boy scouts in Newcastle start wearing long trousers.

MINUS 100 DEGREES
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
People in Newcastle put on their long johns.

MINUS 173 DEGREES
Alcohol freezes.
People in Newcastle become frustrated because the pubs are shut.

MINUS 297 DEGREES
Microbial life starts to disappear.
The cows on Newcastle Town Moor complain about vets with cold hands.

MINUS 460 DEGREES
All atomic motion stops.
People in Newcastle start to stamp their feet and blow on their hands.

MINUS 500 DEGREES
Hell freezes over.
Sunderland qualify for Europe.

Edit: Great pic JTbo, I'm saving that one.

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG