The online racing simulator
Ladder among other questions :)
Hi, ive played the game with my friend for a few days now, i have a few questions.

Iv'e noticed there are teams of drivers, do LFS provide a ladder or are there many ladders/sites out there that people use.

Skins, im pretty confuessed by these, if you have a template, do you just draw your design on the template save as JPEG and upload to www.LFSworld.net?

Endurance races, Ive heard you can do enduro races and switch drivers every 10-20 laps or so, erm..... HOW?

Im pretty bad with photoshop, and think my "skins" would be poor, but if later on in life me and my friend(s) wanted to start a team (or have our own design) can more experienced skinners design them for a price maybe??illepall

Thats about all i can think of, im sure there is more.. anything else you guys think i should know is much appreciated

cheers,

whitey
There was an official ladder system a while ago. Another one has yet to surface.

I know my team run our own ladder, I'm sure others do too.

Skins, yes, are that easy. Just start with the default skin, add stuff to it, save with a new filename, and you can use it right away. If you want others to see it, then just upload it to LFS World. They filename you have chosen might already be in use, in which case you'll have to rename it before you can upload it.

If you press "n" to bring up the connections list you can press the button labelled "T" to request to take over from a driver, if he/she accepts, then you'll start driving that car. I don't know if you need to be stopped and in the pits though, I've never used it myself.
k cheers mate,

P.S how do you get the england instead of british sign in your avatar
Quote from whitey6272 :k cheers mate,

P.S how do you get the england instead of british sign in your avatar

Hi. Welcome to LFS. Uh no there really isn't a ladder system. Hopefully there won't EVER be one. There was one... well Ladder servers anyway, it wasn't any good.

I dunno How he gets the England flag instead of the UK, I really wish I could get a TEXAS flag on mine

As for skinning, I use Corel, but I think there are photoshop templates out there. and there's loads of people that can help you out on that.
Any ways as the saying goes.: Welcome to LFS and kiss your social life goodbye
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - th84
Quote from Racer Y : I really wish I could get a TEXAS flag on mine

Just use Mexico's flag!! :P
#6 - X-Ter
Not really a ladder system but...
I've been using a system to rank drivers individually on SCORE. The rank is based upon performance in the current league or series and is not in any way connected to the points table, but rather where in the field you finish the race. Works pretty good
Quote from Racer Y :Hi. Welcome to LFS. Uh no there really isn't a ladder system. Hopefully there won't EVER be one. There was one... well Ladder servers anyway, it wasn't any good.

I dunno How he gets the England flag instead of the UK, I really wish I could get a TEXAS flag on mine

As for skinning, I use Corel, but I think there are photoshop templates out there. and there's loads of people that can help you out on that.
Any ways as the saying goes.: Welcome to LFS and kiss your social life goodbye

Its covered, ive already faken my death, but i shall return like jesus (when im hungry)
Quote from whitey6272 :Its covered, ive already faken my death, but i shall return like jesus (when im hungry)

ROFL! It took me a bit to catch that LOL hopefully the fake corpse was
a NFS player

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG