The online racing simulator
New MSN freezing the system?
(11 posts, started )
I recently upgraded the MSN with the new version, the one that looks like Vista, pretty cool looking, anyway, i had two system freezes since that and only restart was the cure.. In both ocasions, i was downloading a to**ent and had MSN in the background..
Anyone else experienced this, or is it only my system? It's WIndows VIsta ultimate btw...
My computer gets seriously screwed with MSN.
The live messenger is just horrible FAIL. Every now and then it just "locks" itself for like 20 sec, before it suddently working again, and it seems to make my computer crash sometimes too.
#3 - Jakg
Which version? Been running 8 (or is it 8.1...?) for aaaaaaaaaaaaages on two Vista PC's (Home Premium 64 / Business 32), now running 8.5 on the Vista Business one, no problems at all.
#4 - J@tko
That happened to me with the old version of MSN. I upgraded a couple of days ago and now it works fine!
Quote from Jakg :Which version? Been running 8 (or is it 8.1...?) for aaaaaaaaaaaaages on two Vista PC's (Home Premium 64 / Business 32), now running 8.5 on the Vista Business one, no problems at all.

It's the latest, 8.5...
It's maybe not MSN's problem but for these 2, 3 months running Vista i didn't had a single freeze, and now since new MSN there have been two.. but i think it's the combination of Utorrent and MSN, never freezed without Utorrent..
I dunno how it is NOW, but I remember not long ago MSN was some serious blOATware that loved to eat up system resources for no reason other than to make fun of you.
#7 - Dmt
msn 9.0 ftw
Why not use some alternative program such as Gaim instead?
#9 - J@tko
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I dunno how it is NOW, but I remember not long ago MSN was some serious blOATware that loved to eat up system resources for no reason other than to make fun of you.

That's exactly what happenned to me. Now its Internet Explorer that does it to me. Does anyone know why iexplorer.exe would keep running on 99% usage even after I'm out of IE?
Quote from J@tko :That's exactly what happenned to me. Now its Internet Explorer that does it to me. Does anyone know why iexplorer.exe would keep running on 99% usage even after I'm out of IE?

Check your virus situation.
No problems here... (with version 8.5.1302.1018)

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG