The online racing simulator
GTT no longer in demo
(138 posts, started )
i think its a good move i mean cool they got fbm but lets be fair its still no fox or fo8 so they still will want s2
Don't forget, this means the S1 licenced users just gained an extra car too.
If people are that bothered about drifting, they can do it in the XRG. Hell, they can even drift the FBM as if it floats their boat that much, as it's RWD.

Meanwhile, the product that is meant to show off what LFS can do (the demo) is able to show the kinds of things possible a whole lot better.
I personally find the XRG more fun to drift with, it takes a bit more skill then a heavy right foot and a flick of the steering

And yes, mod-god, you make a good point, never thought of it as S1 getting a new car...
~Bryan~
Ah well, I will miss the old days, enjoying the game. I'm glad I started out back in the days of the XRT.

I don't see what is with this blatant disrespect for sliding a car.

And I can already see tons of my friends with only demo licenses quitting LFS.

But guess what guys?

More s2 drifters! YAY. (You scared yet?)

Yes, I know a few s2 racers that host on demo because of the higher amount of drifters. But now people will get the game to drift. Have fun.

Quote from Hallen :Please, go back to school. I know it will be tough now that you are 23, but getting that 6th grade diploma is so important.

Congrats on getting the S2 license from Santa.

You seem no more mature than him posting that.
#56 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :Don't forget, this means the S1 licenced users just gained an extra car too.

This is very good point, now there is more use for S1 license too, lot more tracks than in demo and fun car, with quite small price so it is really going to help with leagues I think
Quote from Crashgate3 :If people are that bothered about drifting, they can do it in the XRG. Hell, they can even drift the FBM as if it floats their boat that much, as it's RWD.

Meanwhile, the product that is meant to show off what LFS can do (the demo) is able to show the kinds of things possible a whole lot better.

Indeed, lets not forget demo is short for demonstration, and I feel the demo now shows off what LFS is much better than before.
good move for the dev's this will force some demo users(mainly drifters) to go to s2... and possibly new users because they got 3 different cars of different classes instead of 2 cars of different classes since the xrg and xrt are pretty much in the same class... but i will miss the demo d0r!ft0 scene...
I do like the idea of removing the XRT, but why add the FBM. that should be a special car like the BF1 for S2ers.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I do like the idea of removing the XRT, but why add the FBM. that should be a special car like the BF1 for S2ers.

It has been said. Part of the deal of adding the car to the game was that it had to be free.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :It has been said. Part of the deal of adding the car to the game was that it had to be free.

oo wow... bmw is awesome for letting it be free =D
Ahhh okay I had a feeling that was the main reason. Well I guess LFS should be listening to BMW, as they are playing a huge roll in getting LFS out to the world, cheers to BMW
~Bryan~
yea i was pretty early on the servers racin................ BFM great car!
I think its a great move, the FBM is usually used as the first leap from Karting to car racing, for those who have the budget. I rekon it will sell more licenses too, because all those drifters will want their XRT back.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :It has been said. Part of the deal of adding the car to the game was that it had to be free.

Where Scawen or anyone else said this? Only speculation, altough probably true
Quote from Woz :Right, How long before we get a flood of bitching from all the demo users because their fav drift car is no longer a demo car

3.... 2.... 1....

Personally I think its a good move as the new car will show off faster cars and the GT and GTi provide a balance for racing. Bet we dont see demo users playing for X years now without upgrading.

I've been a demo user for some time, do a bit of drifting here, do a bit of racing there.

Doesn't really effect me all that much as i'm getting a G25 and S2 for christmas however :P
I rkn it will be bad for s2 drifters.

We will be flooded with demo drifters. all nubs!
Quote from HellBoy99 :I rkn it will be bad for s2 drifters.

We will be flooded with demo drifters. all nubs!

After giving the new test a whirl i don't think that will happen.

I never use to drift with the N/A XRG simply because it use to bog down alot mid-drift, and it doesn't seem to do that anymore?
How about this to solve the "I want my drift car back" problem if it ever happens...

Why not add another option to the LFS Licenses?

S1, S2 and Drift?

People who buy a "Drift" license only get a couple of cars suitable for drifting, and a couple of tracks which meet their drifting needs?
As the content will be less, it makes it cheaper (to be honest, £24 for such an incredible sim IS cheap, but hey!), the cheaper price and pure drifting content will incourage drifters to buy!

Drifters are happy as they have their car back and more content...
Devs are happy as they are getting the money they deserve for all their fantastic work!

Meh - who am I kidding, go out and buy S2 and race!

Rob
I don't think it has anything to do with the money. Well, it may be part of it in the US and some other countries, because of the horrible exchange rates. But anyway, I think the majority wouldn't buy no matter how low the price. People are so obsessed of getting everything for free these days.
X-Plane has a nifty system whereby the joystick is ignored after 10 minutes if you don't have a DVD in the drive. Whilst we don't have discs, or joysticks (generally), the demo could also be made to ignore all steering inputs after some time. You can still play LFS demo, watching other drivers, chatting, making setups, adjusting stuff etc, but steering becomes rather difficult.

/slightly tongue in cheek

That's just speculation. Whether or not the car had to be added to the demo (there was speculation the BF1 might be a demo car but it wasn't) I can see how having the FBM in the demo is a beneficial move for LFS.
Quote from ajp71 :That's just speculation. Whether or not the car had to be added to the demo (there was speculation the BF1 might be a demo car but it wasn't) I can see how having the FBM in the demo is a beneficial move for LFS.

In the beginning was the Plan and then came the Assumption.

And the Assumptions were without form, and the Plan was completely without substance, and darkness was upon the faces of the workers.

And they spoke amongst themselves saying, “It is a crock of shit, and it stinketh.”

And the workers went unto their supervisors and sayeth, “It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odor thereof.”

And the supervisors went unto their managers and sayeth unto them, “It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it.”

And the managers went unto their directors and sayeth, “It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength.”

And the directors spoke among themselves saying to one another, “It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong.”

And the directors went unto their vice presidents to sayeth unto them, “It promotes growth and is very powerful.”

And the vice presidents went unto the president and sayeth unto him, “This new plan will actively promote the growth and efficiency of this company, and these areas in particular.” And the president looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.

And the Plan became Policy

And this is how Shit Happens.

As well as, this is how the FBM became known as "being free was part of the deal with adding the car to the game."

I dont think this was the best move. Lots of people (i did) buy S2 because of the boringness of Blackwood, the wreckers, and the 3 cars...
Now devs gave them something new, I dont see how that will make the demo racers buy LFS for christmas, cause the timing is pretty obvious.

The other thing: drifters make people buy lfs too. 1 part of drifters buys S2 cause they get bored of bl as i said... another part of racers just can't race because of the dirfters

I think the more boring the demo is, the more people buy s2, its a matter of time... S2 should be wokred on more instead. that should lead to more lisences

GTT no longer in demo
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG