The online racing simulator
discovered the demo at the end of Oct 02 and had so many nice races. I was always to lazy to get the licence but thanks to lfs.de it was finally possible for me in Feb 04. Had also no credit card, paypal whatsoever and lfs.de made it at some point possible to order and pay it via bank account if i remember this correctly. How many miles? I dont know, maybe 50000+? Who cares...
Initially a friend told me about this game.
I have had the demo for 2 years or over

I remember how we used to race with my friend on demo servers and he had DFP and I had KB+Mouse combination and he was always winning me.
Then (over a year ago or so) I got Momo and he quitted playing LFS so I moved to drifting. It really payed off because I learned many driving techniques buy drifting.

I always wanted to buy S2 but there was no time or money or I forgot to buy it when I had xtra money. So this winter I finally did it and bought S2 and I must admit Im pretty happy with it.

Partly because of the game and partly of the community that is simply fabilous I think

So I guess it was like 50.000 or something
1 lap of bl1
i did about 300-400 full laps in xrt on bl in demo, and was on track in general about 600 times messing about which felt like a long time but is no where neer as long as how many laps you clock up when racing
i have no idea. its been 5 years since i started. thats from first ever LFS version that came online. i would say like 6k km
Quote from Forbin :You'll rarely find me in public servers these days unless I'm practicing for a league event, and even then I'll sometimes do that offline so I can collect telemetry data.

Im very glad about that...friggin Alien!!! (not )
Too much milles... I play LFS since the first puplic version was released, and I bought it this year...
Few 10s of thousands I think, Started sometime in 0.1 version, so Autumn 2002? - July 2003 (or whenever S1 was released), during which I played pretty much every day, for hours
I played the game almost every day for HOURS, racing and drifting in the demo... probably something like 10 hours a week of LFS(modest estimate) for a year in the demo
i dunno how that would translate into miles
I played the demo regularly from when it was released (Aug 2002) until S1 was released (whenever that was!) then bought S1 right away.
i played the S1 demo once for less than an hour probably, didn't like it and never played it again. then last year i read about S2 and bought it immediately without even trying the demo out again, i think it was a good choice.
My computer racing started with Gran Turismo.... very fond memories which started a hobby.

I had never even heard of lfs until I accidently stumbled into some videos on youtube a couple months back and needless to say I was ready before I even downloaded it. I downloaded it only to realize it was the racing sim that dreams are made of.

I only made enough laps to make sure it worked on my computer, then immediately purchased. The dev's deserve it, wicked great game, I only wish I had heard about it sooner.

And no, I haven't played Gran Turismo since.
In hindsight I would have payed for the demo tbh. I got alot of miles out of it.

LFS is the only piece of PC software I ever payed for and worth every cent.
None. I played S1 on someone else's computer for the first time, and got my own licence straight away without even bothering using the demo version on my own computer.

S1 only lasted me a few months before I got tired of the limited cars and tracks, so I didn't really touch LFS from late 2003/early 2004 to mid-2005 when S2 was out. But since S2 was released I've pretty much been clocking up the miles every month.
I played S2 demo for about 2 years (2005-2007) and bought S2 license about 4 or 5 months ago.
Too much...
Enough to reach 1.33xx in the XFG and XRG and 1.24xx in the XRT (mouse...). And I'm not fast.
So probably around 2 years, not much free time due to job and family so I would guess 10-30'000km. Then I decided to sneak LFS license at home (my wife is not exactly in agreement with this kind of entertainment), if only to repay the devs for what they have provided us. I'm not very proud of the sneaking bit but now enjoy S2

What I found in S2 (and did not expect from demo) is a mature and tight knit community.
What I'm missing is wheel and pedals to go with it, but I know it would be pushing too far. I think I might get my hands on a wheel when S3 is out
I just found out about LFS about like a little over a week before it's release
So at the time I drove like nuts from morning to evening , but I couldnt get S1 right away, cause I didnt have a credit card, but then I found a way in about a week after the release I think
i reckon i did well over 15,000 miles EASY...had it for like...2 years until i was able to get S2
I drove the demo around 2 years or above before i finally licensed in january this year (creditcard problem). If i look at my online stats: 122.000 km this year and calculate, this leads to almost 250.000 km demostuff. omg...
Quote from Mille Sabords :Too much...
Enough to reach 1.33xx in the XFG and XRG and 1.24xx in the XRT (mouse...). And I'm not fast.
So probably around 2 years, not much free time due to job and family so I would guess 10-30'000km. Then I decided to sneak LFS license at home (my wife is not exactly in agreement with this kind of entertainment), if only to repay the devs for what they have provided us. I'm not very proud of the sneaking bit but now enjoy S2

What I found in S2 (and did not expect from demo) is a mature and tight knit community.
What I'm missing is wheel and pedals to go with it, but I know it would be pushing too far. I think I might get my hands on a wheel when S3 is out

I think you should get a wheel for occupational health and safety reasons. Mouse can cause RSI related issues and you will be more miserable and inturn will make your wife miserable because of your constant hand cramps, pain and whining. So urge her it's in her best interests for you get a wheel.

The money you save on doctors bills for not needing RSI treatment can be used to purchase the wheel.

The more you play LFS the more she will get used to it.
is there a way to specificaly find out what you have done?
I started playing LFS, when it was state S1A, played it few times, didn't like graphics and playing with keyboard sucked hard. So next time i'll played was around patch G, then i really started to like this game, then comes patch H and it changed whole game to way more realistic, then it became impossible to drive with keyboard.

Then came S2, and i was AMAZED about new graphic and look of the game.

I have to confess that i downloaded crack back then to just see what kinda was those other cars in game
:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea

And it made me crazy! I was so delighted about the game, that i wanted to buy it. Well after 1 month of driving offline with crack, i got the money and buyed LFS. I played about 2-3 weeks with keyboard, then my mom bought me Black Momo, and there started my hobby with LFS, now i got G25 and waiting for patch Y, and i'm faster than ever.

So i guess i drove about 500 laps before i bought LFS, now i've driven about 500 races. And i'm so glad that i bought this game, didn't waste my money

P.S so sorry Scawen about playing with crack, i regred it
Offline some 40 Laps around Blackwood and online maybe 20 Laps
ive probebly done about 800 laps, and still havnt got S2 lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG