The online racing simulator
Anyone expecting G25's in the post-Christmas sale?
I need a new wheel at some point, and something with a clutch and better quality all round will be the way to go. I can't justify £150 at the moment though - so where will be the best places to look? (UK)
#2 - CSU1
stuff shopping around. take the day/week off work, go and blow mad amounts of dosh on yourself, lock yourself up in a room with yer new wheel+LFS untill March telling everyone you where ill
#3 - Jakg
TBH they're at £140 + Postage and i don't think their gonna get that much cheaper. You don't usually see stuff like GFX cards get cheaper in Post-Christmas sales, and i would expect the same thing for the G25.
I'm still put off by the reports of broken shifters and the dearth of buttons on the wheel. I'd really like the pedals...

I figure with two buttons on the wheel you'd have to set them to look left/right, but because they're on opposite sides it would mean while you were braking and shifting down with the stick you wouldn't be able to look in that direction. At the moment I've got look functions on the D-pad on my DFP, which is opposite the seq. stick, so I can look either direction while braking heavily. I think it'd piss me off buying a more expensive wheel and losing stuff like that as a result.
#5 - CSU1
Quote from thisnameistaken :
I figure with two buttons on the wheel you'd have to set them to look left/right, but because they're on opposite sides it would mean while you were braking and shifting down with the stick you wouldn't be able to look in that direction.

easy fix - I use:

farmost pedal(throttle) = look left
middle pedal(brake)= clutch
leftmost pedal(clutch) = look richt

left axis(wheel) = steer right
right axis(wheel) = steer left

right button(wheel) = throttle
left button(wheel) = brake

flappy paddles = clutch

.... its abit hard to get the hang of and, with time one realises wtf are all the damn buttons for?
the only thing i miss is having the pit kane speed limiter on my dfp
Quote from horrgakx :I need a new wheel at some point, and something with a clutch and better quality all round will be the way to go. I can't justify £150 at the moment though - so where will be the best places to look? (UK)

I'd browse some sites.... I know Buy.com has no TAX but it's a tad bit more, search tigerdirect.com and newegg, there's plenty of sites to look at for the best prices. Thats if your looking for a g25. I'm not sure how much I got mine for but when it comes (2-5) days I'll let you know how much it was
G25? Would have to be one heck of a sale for me.

I saw DFP's at Walmart post Christmas for $40 2 years ago. With my MOMO pedals and shifter and wheel axis and and and... on the fritz with it's age, I was hoping to see that again this year. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the DFP in Walmart stores since that 2 years ago.
£130 including postage you can get one cant remember where though
Brand new G25 £145 at dell got mine
i got mine at morecomputers.co.uk was around £152 inc P+P and mines was here less than 2 days after ordering it.!
I got an email with a bunch of sales from NCIX.com and they have the G25 on for $200CDN at the moment. If I even had that much right now I'd snap one up! I don't see why it won't be that price again at some point in the future. The local store has them in for $300CDN.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG