The online racing simulator

Poll : Car classes for S3 or patch

Touring cars ( WTCC, ETCC, BTCC look a like )
Rally cars ( WRC look a likes
Classis GT/touring cars
LMP cars ( with and without roof )
Extra GT cars ( RB4 GTR, RACgtr, LX8 )
Race karts ( 125cc shifter, 125cc TAG, 100cc
Offroad cars ( CORR buggies/trucks )
Hothatch ( hatchback )
Stockcars ( Nascar look al like )
Dragsters ( funnycars and topfeul )
Daytona prototypes ( between GT and LMP )
Sprintcars
Quote from james12s :the very end, yes my feelings exactly, we need more classes, i can see why it is there because of the thing with v1 and it will be good to have an even esier ss trainer for people like me lol, but the next new car if at all poss should be a new class

Would also be awesome with a new car to the TBO and the GTR class, a car that had a completely new look compared to the other cars in game

It`s great tho that they add this car, because I think more people might consider buying the game when we allready has 2 lisenced cars. My guess is that there will be more in the future, when companies get known to this game, and want LFS to test it out
yeah it is gr8 to have people looking at lfs for those purposes and the bmw relationship ius a good one in my eyes and it is starting to shut the people who moan about only a few real cars up also the way in which it has come about produces by its nature a very realistic car
there are allready 20 votes for non tarmac cars
Btw, should be a Rallycross option too. Or does that include in offroad and rallycars?

And yes, the more the merrier
There never been as many members as it is now, and that is a good thing. When they add stuff to the game probally more people will join the fun, and therfor it just is going to be bigger and bigger til the grande finale - S3 launch
lol yeah
can't wait till release S3!

to bad there is no release date yet so we can enjoy waiting :P probably it takes 2 or 3 years i think!
yeah the beauty of lfs is you drive everything then they release a new car you drive that and increase ability on all of them then they release another, i love going that way, it encorages you to drive all cars
what also is great and what i never had before with any game/sim. i do LFS since 2005 and still having fun! with all the other games i do maybe 2 month's and i'm bored as hell. :P
Voting for LMP, it's clearly a class that is not represented in the game yet.

Many people are voting for classic GT cars, but have you considered that if we would get an old GT with 60's looks, everyone would drive it with a suspension setup that makes it feel and behave like modern racing car and that kinda defeats the purpose.
yeah but with cars like that and all the cars in game in fact there should only be the setup changes avalible that there would be irl
I voted LMP because there just that cool, and would add a new edge in endurance racing.
but there should not be a demand for touring cars, you have XFR and UFR for slower tin top racing, yet you STILL want 4door cars, that are SLOWER?
but the xfr and ufr are very unstable unlike a touring car
They are unstable because of the GAME. So touring cars would just be the same. Asking for more games, when you are complaining about the physics, for the cars you want NEW in the game anyway.
i see what your saying but to me at some point we could do with a saloon touring car like the bmw 320 or whatever they use in the wtcc to complement the xfr which is a hatch touring car like the seat leon or honda civic type R
Yea, I guess, but I think Top Fuel Cars would be a big step for LFS, and to be honest, it would get LFS ALOT of money. Everyone that races, wants to able to race ANYTHING. Well this game is about Cars i guess, so that counts out motorcycles. That is it, I guess.
oh yeah, like i said, what i know as the lfs mantra is to cover all classes so yeah like top fuel isw important so is histroical so is oval etc
No, but I mean, alot of people will flock to LFS, for the Top Fuellers, or trucks ( if these get implimented ). More than if you just ADD another Road Racing car.
yeah it would apeal to all and that is the thing about lfs it has the platform to do what no other sim has done before and from the standard game cover most peoples wants and appeal to all sim players, whether you like rallying or nascar, it can supply it in one package
Quote from james12s :yeah it would apeal to all and that is the thing about lfs it has the platform to do what no other sim has done before and from the standard game cover most peoples wants and appeal to all sim players, whether you like rallying or nascar, it can supply it in one package

Great spoken, in the future, I belive LFS will be the biggest SIM out there. When more cars and different tracks are implented, more people will notice this game, and many many more will start enjoing it as much as I have, since 2003 5 years of LFS
#46 - Timz
Ow man, a Le Mans-Prototype from Scawen...that would be a dream coming true... Mmmm, since they got good connections with BMW Motorsport, why don't they take the BMW LMP V12? I know it's not the nicest LMP-Car, but hey, I don't care, I just want a LMP-Car in LFS!!!

Cannot choose between a open or a closed LMP-Car...what do you guys think?

Timz
Quote from Timz :Ow man, a Le Mans-Prototype from Scawen...that would be a dream coming true... Mmmm, since they got good connections with BMW Motorsport, why don't they take the BMW LMP V12?

Because they do not have a connection with BMW.

Formula BMW = deal with V1 Championship / Fortec Motorsports
BMW-Sauber = deal with Intel

Quote :Cannot choose between a open or a closed LMP-Car...what do you guys think?

Open cockpits are boring. All look the same.

I can't wait year 2010 and Le Mans to see cars build on the new rules: closed cockpits is must, there's requirements for wider windshields - basicly meaning the cockpits must be quite big, bigger side pontoons etc. Might be that the cars look just like the current protos except with a roof or might be that it's bit like going to back to mid 90's GTP class (Mercedes-Benz CLR and the likes) because ACO (governing body of Le Mans) wants factory teams to build cars with more "resemblance to road cars". Point of course is to attract more factory teams and the cars to be spectacular in the first place. Engine and other regulations are not going to change.
Quote from Timz :Cannot choose between a open or a closed LMP-Car...what do you guys think?

Both - 1 diesel and 1 petrol!
They can be stand alone cars but:
- GT1
- LMP
- Road truck (not a pick up)
- Race truck
- Super car ~ 500 bhp
- Super car ~ 700 bhp
- Super car ~ 1000 bhp
- WRC ~ 300 Bhp and another class more powerful (500 bhp?)
- Stock car ~ 800 bhp (the oval thing)
- Stock car (the destruction derby thing)
- WTCC
- Ice race car
- Karts
- something like heavy BMWs
- F1 2005
- Buggies (maybe 2 different power class)
- quads
etc...
Quote from LFSn00b :I'd like to see approx. ~300bhp Touring cars, made from XRT, FXO, RB4, possibly FZ5? With added kits, reducted weight, GTR-ish interiors.

I'd like to see that as well - a BTC-Touring type class.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG