(28 posts, started )
Update the BF1
The year are passing and the BF1 we have is getting old in aero things

A pic to see my idea

Regards Inouva
________
Ram
#2 - garph
Errr, not exactly a massive difference is there!

I think some of the other cars need graphical improvement first.
Not that different and the car in LFS will probably stay in the 06 form.
The '06 version doesn't change anymore, so why should it's LFS counter part change?
I would assume that they have the rights to include the 06 Sauber F1 car, not the 07 car. Can't change or update if they don't have the rights to it.
LFS aero is nowhere near detailed enough for such things to make a difference.
#7 - ajp71
What's the point in updating an ugly car to an ugly car with a few more ugly bits of carbon fibre slapped on it?
#8 - J@tko
Quote from ajp71 :What's the point in updating an ugly car to an ugly car with a few more ugly bits of carbon fibre slapped on it?

Well, Michael Jackson updated an ugly man to another ugly mand with a few ugly bits of plastic slapped on it!
if there were to be another bmw in the game, i'd rather see the WTCC car (Z4 M Coupe).
Quote from evilgeek :if there were to be another bmw in the game, i'd rather see the WTCC car (Z4 M Coupe).

Isn't a WTCC car a 3 series BMW?
Quote from mrodgers :I would assume that they have the rights to include the 06 Sauber F1 car, not the 07 car. Can't change or update if they don't have the rights to it.

That's what I was going to say. Plus updating it will negate all the skins made for it thus far.

Quote from evilgeek :if there were to be another bmw in the game, i'd rather see the WTCC car (Z4 M Coupe).

As much as I know that the deals we have for cars right now are in no way tied to BMW themselves, I'd love to have the Z4, in any form.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Isn't a WTCC car a 3 series BMW?

actually i think you are correct, it's a 320. the Z4 Coupe is listed as a "customer" race car.
actually what we need is the BF1.08
I don't care about how the aero looks, but what I DO want to see updated on the current BF1 is better looking suspension parts so it doesn't look so horrible. Just look at those massive tires, being held on by plain looking sticks? Doesn't look possible. Somehow I think the BF1's track width isn't correct. It looks a tad bit too wide to me.

Also, physics wise I personally think it just doesn't act like an F1 car should. Yeah yeah... all this about "have you ever driven a modern F1 car???" --- don't be stupid, nobody on this forum ever has. Fact is, the BF1 drifts and slides far too much, and the car is thrashed around so hard when doing quick laps that it just looks stupid in the process.

The rFactor BF1 is far better in terms of looks, sound, and feel, and LFS's BF1 seriously just looks and feels like a toy car rolling on a linoleum kitchen floor.

Yeah it is great to have an F1 car in LFS, but the BF1 feels like it was rushed into LFS. It could use some more work to make it an even more enjoyable thrill to drive.
TBH the thing that puts me off the BF1 is the sound. I couldn't even tell you how it drives because I can't stand to do more than a lap in it.
Oh yeah, and any BF1 race I try online, they always just seem really laggy. Like the netcode cannot cope with such a fast car.
#17 - Woz
Who cares about the BF1. I think I have only been in a couple of races where more than 2 people have finished. Hardly anyone can drive the thing consistently and lag causes the rest of the crashing issues.

Fun offline but online near usless.
Quote from Woz :Who cares about the BF1. I think I have only been in a couple of races where more than 2 people have finished. Hardly anyone can drive the thing consistently and lag causes the rest of the crashing issues.

Fun offline but online near usless.

Been running the BF1 in a league environment for the last month or so and it's quite brilliant if you spend the time getting used to it and becoming comfortable in it. LFS's aero needs to be greatly improved before it'll be truly ideal, but it's not bad at all right now.
the F1 needs to be a simulation more, the TC needs to be changed to low speed and high speed TC, the diff needs to be adjusted wile racing, so does the TC, and it needs remodeled tyres as the standard ones dont work at all, and engine braking needs low and high speed settings, also adjust while racing
Easy now
I don`t see why there is any need of updating the BF1. Sure, the new modell has from what I see, 2 more wings on the side? Is it really THAT important?
Leave the Sauber. If we drove one in real life I bet we couldn't tell the difference between the 07 and 08 models.

And please, no more BMW's in LFS. We don't need more c**ks in LFS that BMWs surely attract.
Quote from tristancliffe :
And please, no more BMW's in LFS. We don't need more c**ks in LFS that BMWs surely attract.

Q: what's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

A: a porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

( i can say that because i drive one myself. :haha: )
Quote from tristancliffe :Leave the Sauber. If we drove one in real life I bet we couldn't tell the difference between the 07 and 08 models.

I don`t think that mainly the BMW cars in game attrack people like that. Probally lisenced cars will bring more people to the sim, but I doubt that most of them are "of the wrong kind". I might be wrong tho.
I don't mind them getting more BMW's or any type of other "real" car although I wouldn't focus on getting those licenses and everything. I would simply keep making LFS just as good as its been.
Quote from evilgeek :actually i think you are correct, it's a 320. the Z4 Coupe is listed as a "customer" race car.

People use it in the 24h of Nurburgring.

Update the BF1
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG