The online racing simulator
Always Getting Disconnected
(8 posts, started )
hey guys,
need some help on why i always and getting disconected. It says you have lost connection to host, but it only realy does it when there are around 12 people in server and up..

a little red bar, which i think is mine...is aways really higher than others. then i get disconnected. my firewall is turned on but turned that off and no difference. i dont have norton.(infact dont even have a virus protecter atm.)........please help me people and am sick of this...oh and my computer is a really good computer. 2g ram and 8400 graphics card...

cheers, Nick
Attached images
LFS PROBLEM.jpg
wont even bother next time
#3 - J@tko
Quote from nickisthebest :hey guys,
need some help on why i always and getting disconected. It says you have lost connection to host, but it only realy does it when there are around 12 people in server and up..

a little red bar, which i think is mine...is aways really higher than others. then i get disconnected. my firewall is turned on but turned that off and no difference. i dont have norton.(infact dont even have a virus protecter atm.)........please help me people and am sick of this...oh and my computer is a really good computer. 2g ram and 8400 graphics card...

cheers, Nick

The thing in the bottom left is sort of a ping calculator. If all the bars (i think) are very small, then your internet connection and the server are quick. If your bar (as you can see in the pic) goes up, then there is no connection between your computer and the server present. This is basically an IP problem.
Quote from J@tko :The thing in the bottom left is sort of a ping calculator. If all the bars (i think) are very small, then your internet connection and the server are quick. If your bar (as you can see in the pic) goes up, then there is no connection between your computer and the server present. This is basically an IP problem.

oh really, how do i fix this 'IP problem' to stop myself getting disconnected ?
thanks alot mate
I get this problem too on LTC 2, I put it down to the server purely being busy and peak time for internet usage around my area.
Quote from nickisthebest :(infact dont even have a virus protecter atm.)

That was the problem for me. I was getting disconnects every 5-10 mins, sometimes couldn't connect to the Master server.... I've blamed my Provider...But the real reason were 328 viruses and spywares on my PC After that it all become fine.

I used AVG, its free, try it.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from nickisthebest :oh really, how do i fix this 'IP problem' to stop myself getting disconnected ?
thanks alot mate

You can't, really. However, not using any other programs whilst on LFS will decrease your CPU usage and Internet Bandwidth usage, and you'll get a better connection.

Hope it helps!
#8 - Gunn
Topic moved to technical assistance section.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG