The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :There's deffinately some 3rd party addons in it, i noticed my gloves and momo wheel so.. i'm flattered don't see a problem with that, it's just a little teaser, only freaks like us can notice those things

But it's a bit like photoshopping screenshots - there's something you don't get from the default game version.
- I don't see any indication of a new track layout
- Minorly improved BL, mostly just being refined though.
- duh
- duh
- duh
- meh

Niko, read first post plz, it's more of a find stuff that hasn't been spotted, or make comments about other observations on those things.
#78 - axus
Quote from dawesdust_12 :- I don't see any indication of a new track layout

It's confirmed by the translation system: SO Chicane Course.
Quote from axus :It's confirmed by the translation system: SO Chicane Course.

Well, is the translation system a video?!

Also, I haven't really been able to find the translation system, to dig anything else up.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hankstar is in charge of this stuff. IIRC we're getting a bear pit and a giant squid, and a castle with snipers in it or something. Sounds awesome, but I was hoping for lava.

wow that I cant believe I can remember that thread... and that sounds about right.
UFR drivers are named DANI SOR (= Daniel Sordo?) and SEBASTIE (= Sebastien Loeb?)

Now this would mean either:

Citroen WRC team is testing LFS, and soon we'll get the C4 WRC and a C2 S1600 in the game, a better simulation of knobbly and hybrid tyres, better turbo simulation, anti lag, active centre diffs, high and low speed settings on dampers, Citroen adverts on tracks, random electrical failures on cars AND a special stage generator with added winter bonus

OR

They're AI drivers, and they're driving offline - which in turn would explain why the car doesn't rocket skyhigh when it nudges the wall
#82 - axus
Huru, DoN made the video and from what I've seen he has a thing for rally so he'd probably name his AI drivers something like that. So don't get your hopes up .
I really can't see any difference between the behaviour of that UFR touching the wall in the video and doing the same in patch X... it's more of a scrape than a bump really and already, afaik, you can scrape to your heart's content without resulting to failed physics experiments.
Quote from xaotik :I really can't see any difference between the behaviour of that UFR touching the wall in the video and doing the same in patch X... it's more of a scrape than a bump really and already, afaik, you can scrape to your heart's content without resulting to failed physics experiments.

Yes, exactly what I've been saying, but because I post so much rubbish nobody bothers to read my posts. I think people are seeing things they like to see.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :But I guess he'll be happy once he has to start modeling the grid girls and has to "take some photos" "to be accurate"

And some measurements too...
I guess it's just wait and see then... (goes hiding ashamed of pointless pun)
I thought I heard Scawen saying something like "the fastest way to drive is with a manual clutch and letting off the gas slightly between shifts" in the video. Did anyone else catch that?

I guess you want to encourage guys with clutch pedals, or at least not hinder them. I just hope the unwashed masses like me with DFPs can still use auto clutch (now with throttle cut on so as not to fry the thing) without slowing us down too much.
Nope, he said/meant without clutch. So on sequential gearboxes we should now use clutchless shifts
Quote from Danke :I thought I heard Scawen saying something like "the fastest way to drive is with a manual clutch and letting off the gas slightly between shifts" in the video. Did anyone else catch that?

To drive as fast as possible with a sequential gearbox you don't use the clutch and must lift off the throttle for a moment to change up.

Not quite what you heard..
For transmissions sake don't try and down-shift like that.....
Hmmm, so if DoN has access to Patch Y (assuming he used his footage), why isnt he credited as part of the LFS Team, or is he?

He might be on the closing credits, im not sure. Anyone know his real name?
Quote from niall09 :Hmmm, so if DoN has access to Patch Y (assuming he used his footage), why isnt he credited as part of the LFS Team, or is he?

He might be on the closing credits, im not sure. Anyone know his real name?

He is.
Ondrej Zeman, and he is mentioned in the credits. He contributes quite a lot to LFS
Quote from AndroidXP :Ondrej Zeman, and he is mentioned in the credits. He contributes quite a lot to LFS

Yeah, i thought that, considering he does all the photos and stuff
what is that red thing?
Attached images
hm.jpg
Quote from Nadeo4441 :what is that red thing?

That's nothing new, it's there in patch X too.
Attached images
lfs_00000141.jpg
That's the glow from the overheating clutch :P
Sorry in advance to be going a little off topic but...

The tracks which have been updated and different things done to the cars must effect the time in some way or another. Will there be any lap records after this patch being realesed (especcially Blackwood and South City tracks)? Im really looking forward to try the new car and can't wait until trying all different things which lfs now gives us.

Scawen - If that really was your first time in a single seater car, I think what I saw in that video was astonashing. I think you should try kart racing professionaly .

Matty

Quote from Crashgate3 :That's the glow from the overheating clutch :P

looked like a tracking graph or fire from here
I guess they'll reset all of the hotlap charts for Blackwood and South City, and everywhere else if the laptimes will be slower in general. If the new patch laptimes are quicker then they might leave the charts alone and just let people beat the old times?

Post spotted changes in Video!
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG