The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
Quote from RAYfighter :I like the landmines idea! They would add important strategic element to the racing if they were limited amount for one race.

+1
Quote from tristancliffe :Silver Bullet - you just 'told us off' for talking nonsense about drag racing, and how we should do a little bit of research before talking out of our arses!

It's nice to know that you, the person who claimed to be an expert, and sarcastically pointed us at a poorly written wikipedia article, have been shot down, and your 'facts' proven to be imperfect.

Next time, do some fecking RESEARCH and don't just watch a history channel on TV IF you are going to 'tell us off'

Ouch, way to rub it in
Quote from TyresHot :hi racers !!!

why dont lfs cars have NOS ?

i know lfs is a simulation but i think it would not be a bad idea.

what do you think?

:chairs:
illepall if you whant nos go play need for speed or sumtin maybe some sort of a boost would be good like a1 gp cars
Lock it lock it lock it lock it lock it.
Please?
I hate re-runs.
omg, we need a sticky saying "NO Nitrous systems"

Everyone would use the nitrous at the exact same time. If your going to be passed by someone using nitrous then why don't you hit the nitrous button and not get passed?

@Hankstar
I like your sig.
The funny part is, the OP started this thread, asking for more power, only a few minutes after starting this thread here, in which he shares his problems in stopping the XRT from swapping ends. Eeeenteresting!

Thanks Rappa, JC can occasionally make lots of sense
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :illepall if you whant nos go play need for speed or sumtin maybe some sort of a boost would be good like a1 gp cars

i never play need for speed, i will play live for speed NOS is fun LFS is real.
Hate when people do this,

NOS is the brand, thats like saying we should have Nike on our cars, what you want on the cars in this game is Nitrous Oxide (N20)
But I like the Nikes on my car
#586 - Woz
Quote from whitey6272 :Hate when people do this,

NOS is the brand, thats like saying we should have Nike on our cars, what you want on the cars in this game is Nitrous Oxide (N20)

While it is a brand you will find it has also become a common word to describe all nitrous systems, probably due to F&F and other such films etc.

This is the same as people using Google or Hoover as a verbs. So while you are correct it has also taken on another meaning through common use. This is why people like Google are currently trying to stop people using Google as a verb before they lose their trademark, which can happen.

Just have a think, there are loads of brands that now descibe the activity/action they are linked with now.
IF ANYONE KNOWS AWAY TO GET NOS LET ME KNOW AT GLOBNSS14@YAHOO.COM AND FOR THE SUBJECT PUT=

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thank ,Max
Posts like this makes me wonder what sort of people LFS appeals to.
80% drivers, 20% playaz.
Word.
The problem with NAWZ as i see it is that it would take a complete redesign of many components of the game, including (but not limited to)
  • Car Models - Parts of the car such as the floorpan under the passenger seat would need to become detachable
  • Sparks - Would need to be implemented for when the said piece of floorplan begins to catch on the road.
  • A random screw picker for which ones are going to fall out - for example the one's under the dashboard for no apparent reason.
  • A beeping laptop on the passenger seat, showing graphs that are apparently unconnected to the actual engine.
  • A 'buff' blonde guy with ringlets in his hair who can't really drive.
  • A bald dude and a skinny geek waiting at the start/finish line to tell you about the piston rings you fried.
  • A lot of black guys to go "Whooooooooo" when said geek opens the bonnet releasing plumes of smoke.
  • Smoke.
Thats not to mention gay bodykits, graffix, and neon. And Chinese Mobsters.
Quote from matt_green84 :Thats not to mention gay bodykits, graffix, and neon. And Chinese Mobsters.

You don't have the chinese mobster mod? You're missing out.
does anyone notice that the sound of NOS sounds almost identical to the sounds of the garbage being tipped into the garbage truck in the morning??
While entertaining, this thread isn't going anywhere useful anymore.

(I blame myself for starting it off though)
Quote from Stellios :This again

and in real life you wouldnt use nitrous on track.

umm yes they do in certain series.

and i'm 150% for this idea
Bring out your dead!
Doesn't the Formula Palmer Audi have a boost system
Arise, departed thread, and walk again amongst the living!

Quote from jb42682 :umm yes they do in certain series.

This idea is resting in peace and so was this thread.
Nitrous oxide won't happen ... unless the developers include nitro-burning dragsters. Which is about as likely as me winning a race against Fangio.

BTW the boost (aka "push to pass" or P2P) systems used in series like Indy/CART (I forget if they both have it or just one) and A1GP aren't nitrous-based, they simply allow a few seconds of extra RPM over the rev limit which can give you maybe 10kph of extra speed. P2P has also been discussed to death on this forum - basically you shouldn't expect P2P until LFS features a car from a series that uses it.
Quote from jb42682 :umm yes they do in certain series.

HOLY HELL! 18 month thread necromancy? you should be hanged.

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG