The online racing simulator
rendering with up to date soft
(9 posts, started )
Hey!

So i decided to start making my own redners cos it might help me with my graphics tests that i am going to pick. Uhm so yeah i read the "famous" tut found here- http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/3D_Render_Tutorial

So i got 3ds max 2008 and cmx viever and s2 viewer and Brazil rio. And when i install everything my 3DS wont support brazil or cmx so i am screwed. I looked and found another tut with .obj files at here- http://www2.arnes.si/~mocko/LFS_3dsMax9_Rendering_Tutorial/

i tried it and the result looks crappy i mean no colors no wheel details nothing just white car with skin, plus its really confusing and it only gives the XRT dds files and all that stuff to apply skin, no other cars.

So i am really confused, i guess another option is to try and use "Blender" and the tut found in here, might do that. But whats ur way of doing them? i see ppl posting their skins and asking for renders and liek in the next 15 mins u have answer with sweet looking render. Anyone help me out here? I tried searching found some useful links and explanations but ppl say use Max 8, so is 3ds max 2008 = max 8 or is it max 9? really confused.
I use Max 7, if you look at the tut in the LFS manual and use it with the Max 9 tut you should be able to get a nice render from it. You'll have to find out how to do glass meterial if the tut doesn't show you how to, you also have to put the textures on most parts of the car. If you wanna do the other cars just use the textures from the cmx viewer for the other cars.
Quote from LineR32 :I use Max 7, if you look at the tut in the LFS manual and use it with the Max 9 tut you should be able to get a nice render from it. You'll have to find out how to do glass meterial if the tut doesn't show you how to, you also have to put the textures on most parts of the car. If you wanna do the other cars just use the textures from the cmx viewer for the other cars.

the problem is the LFS manual tut it requires CMX and Brazil but my max 2008 wont support the versions i have and as far as i know there is no CMX that supports max 7,8 or 9 just 5 and 6.
ok i gto max 7 and i found CMX importer taht works with it, i also got rio and big render. Everything works, well it look like it does. I open cmx of BMW for example, when i try to test render it by following teh manual tut in teh end i get message saying "Brazil rio does not support image size blah blah blah", so i guess i installed big render wrong way or is it something else?
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3
Quote from bmwe30m3 :u can make certain size renders with rio :P

more info on where to change it would be cool
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3
Quote from bmwe30m3 :you need to google for bigrender plug-in :P

and u need to read my first post
Just use Mental-Ray instead of Brazil Rio.

Quote :but ppl say use Max 8, so is 3ds max 2008 = max 8 or is it max 9? really confused.

3dsmax 2008 is the latest version, so basically you could think of of it as version 10 but it doesn't have that much new stuff compared to 9.
Quote from Crommi :Just use Mental-Ray instead of Brazil Rio.

3dsmax 2008 is the latest version, so basically you could think of of it as version 10 but it doesn't have that much new stuff compared to 9.

any quick tut on that mental ray?
Quote from DevilDare :any quick tut on that mental ray?

Found this quick tutorial on car paint material and rendering, it shows you really fast way to light up your scene and get decent render. Click
Just focus on getting the basic idea of what some of those rendering parameters do. Don't worry, you don't usually need to tweak more than couple settings to get the results you want. For ground plane you could create large plane and apply bend modifier to it so it looks like L from the side, and there you go, nice backround blending for your render. (just make sure that plane has enough segments for bend and use Limit Effect to keep ground flat)

There's also many some Mental Ray tutorials in your 3dsmax install disc and alot more around the web.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG