The online racing simulator
G25 worth 150$ more than DFP?
Hi guys!

The situation is this: I had a MOMO wheel which broke down on me, so I returned it to the store. Now it turns out that the MOMO is no longer available in Norway, so basically I have these two options:

1) Get a DFP for no extra charge
2) Get a G25 for about 150$ extra

(Yeah, I live in an expensive country..) Total price for the G25 is just over 300$.

I'm thinking stuff like

- noise. Will my neighbours be disturbed? (The walls here are thin..)
- response. I know the G25 returns to center much faster than the DFP. Does this really matter in game? How does either of them compare to the MOMO?
- feel / force feedback. Is there much of a difference in smoothness or realism?

While I can certainly afford the G25, I don't want to spend unecessarily much on something that doesn't really make much of a difference.. (I'm a student afterall. ) Since both wheels seem pretty similar on the surface (900 degrees of rotation being the most important), I want to be sure before I throw cash out the window.

Thanks guys!
If you have that $150 ,go vr the G25. If I was in the same situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Why? because the G25 is worth it.
Buy G25, you won't regret it and the differences are big between the two wheels.
ive got a g25 and a dfp in my house and id say no, g25 is good but only if you want the h gate and clutch other wise id stick with the dfp as its a great wheel
The G25 works, ish, the DFP doesn't. .. imo
i own a G25, but i have player around with a DFP a few times so i think im worthy to give my opinion

G25 is a great wheel, and is much more fun when using h-gate, 900 degrees and clutch. Gives it that little more feel.

I love the build quality of both these wheels, its very nice, but i love the feel of the bigger, leather wrapped G25 wheel in my hands, compared to the DFP's smaller wheel.

The paddles are better on the G25. Nicer feel and sound.

The FFB on the DFP is very good. Nice feel when you go round on the rumble strips etc. The G25's FFb however is sublime. The delivery is very quite, so theres no worry about disturbing your neighbours. All in all, thats the only thing i hate about the DFP is that horrible FFB noise.

It all depends down to what you want. Picture yourself using the DFP and think whether you would be happy with it. Then picture yourself with a G25, and ask yourself "will i ever use the clutch and h-gate?". If the answer is no, then get a DFP...

if you want MY opinion though, go straight to a G25. You will most likely get one in the future anyway (if your still a sim racer) so why not enjoy one now?

Plus, the G25 is a very nice performing and looking wheel. Whenever i have mates round who have'nt seen one before, the first thing they say is "whoa whats that? Looks nice.....can i have a go?"
I got the G25. Calibrating it right now. I'm having trouble setting it up so that the wheel rotation matches the rotation in the game 1:1. I guess I should go looking for some thread where it is explained..

This is so exciting! Can't wait to get racin'.
This is how to set it up in the profiler, but ignore the rotation degrees. I would take a screeny on how to set it up in LFS too, but i took this from my laptop, and not my desktop, so cant show you atm.

Dont forget to make a profile for LFS in the profiler too!
Attached images
How to setup a G25.jpg
Set the wheel turn in profiler and LFS to 720deg. Then set 'wheel turn compensation' in LFS to 1.00. This will match in game wheel to actual wheel 1:1 for all cars in the game.

Enjoy!
Thanks guys! I've got it set up just nicely now. All I can say so far is -- woha! This is so awesome! So far I'm just dicking around on the carpark, getting used to manual gears and 7,29 million degrees of rotation.
LUUUUCKY

I am getting a DFP soon. Can't wait for 720º rotation, FFB, and shifter

LOL, Right now I am using a Microsoft Sidewinder (no FF)... It good wheel an all, but can't wait to feel the difference from this to a DFP

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG