The online racing simulator
Panoramic Windshield
(23 posts, started )
Panoramic Windshield
wouldn't like to roll that baby over in an impact
#3 - kaynd
Indeed… you feel too exposed in that…
Quote from DejaVu :wouldn't like to roll that baby over in an impact

Well, I was reading about that. Supposedly the body is no less stiff than if you don't opt for it. Also, it's pretty cool how they bend it. They heat it up REALLY hot in a few predetermined spots while it's suspended and gravity just melts it to that shape - pretty neat. Also it has some sort of fold out sunshades - tho I dunno how well that would work.
I wouldn't be so worried about rolling over, but actually hitting something, like big animal such as an elk which is quite common sight atleast here. In those scenarios it's usually the roof and windscreen that take the impact and car usually ends up looking something like this.
Yeah I saw that design before and the first thing I thought about was the sun, then how much of it gets wiped by the wipers, and then how often you'd have to wash your car to stop it looking filthy all the time.
#7 - Rish
Nice, but you wouldn't wanna have to replace that would you!!!
Quote from Rish :Nice, but you wouldn't wanna have to replace that would you!!!

Another very good point. You could guarantee if you bought that car you'd get a chip in the windscreen the very next day.
Why the hell would anyone want that? Or am I the only one who keeps my sunvisor down 95% of the time? I keep it down in sunny weather (obviously), but I prefer to block out the view of the sky in general and especially streetlamps at night, so I can't be distracted or blinded by anything above.
Quote from Rish :Nice, but you wouldn't wanna have to replace that would you!!!

Actually, you're right. I can imagine how much that would cost to replace. My crappy '98 Subaru's windshield costs $350 to replace...
...though part of that is the heated strip of glass at the bottom.
#11 - Rish
the cost is one thing but just think about the poor bloke that works for the windscreen replacement company.
I think it looks great.
Quote from DejaVu :wouldn't like to roll that baby over in an impact

you can never go fast enough to crash in a opel....
unless it's a Speedster or the driver is useless
Quote from Crashgate3 :I think it looks great.

I'm sure it looks really impressive from inside the cockpit, I just don't think it's practical.

I think it would be nice to rent one if you were doing a lot of driving on holiday, but I wouldn't want to own one.
These are not cars to use if you are balding..

That Rinspeed front end looks very 911-ish.. (which I think is fugly).
On the plus side you can put up an awful lot of suction-cup Garfields.
Quote from the_angry_angel :
That Rinspeed front end looks very 911-ish.. (which I think is fugly).

Well, the basis was a 911 Carrera S.
Aren't panoramas horizontal?
Yes, please rename the thread to Imax® windshield...
Most stupid invention in the entire world. Or one of them. What the hell is the point? I can't see any advantages, except on sunny days the sun blaring in my face all the time and burning my skin...
Useless.
They should work on improving forward visibility rather than putting larger and larger A pillars in their cars and then coming up with this crazy idea.
With the Rinspeed ZaZen, you can push a button to darken the "roof/windshield". So nobody can see inside... and somehow like sunglasses i suppose...

Panoramic Windshield
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG