The online racing simulator
Little suggestions
(32 posts, started )
My above point still stands... Surely we don't need to waste Scawen's resources on some pointless dimensional rift just so you won't have to deal with a minority of idiots who can be spotted a mile away anyway...
I've been away from LFS for a few months... Looks like the stupid suggestions are still around anyway...
Quote from mrodgers :So is poorly modeled damage, the aero model, pitstops, shall I go on? Mid-race joining is a problem that needs and can be improved upon. No need to "get used to it."

Why does it need to be improved?

Quote :Why are we getting improvements to the AI in the next patch? The current AI problems are "part of our life." Shouldn't we have just gotten use to it?

Not at all. Mid-race joining is not Scawen's fault, so to speak... It's ours. We join because we want, don't we? If some late joiner crashes the leader in the last lap it's his (crasher's) responsability and he will have to deal with the consequences - just the same as if he crashes the leader in the last lap when he's in second place. In the end there's already blue flags and a "no mid-race join" feature, so I don't see why we need to change this...
:banana::bananadea
Quote from DieKolkrabe :3) This is probably very unworkable. BUT I was reading the ghost mode/late joiners thread, and came up with the idea. What if the car was stationary in the garage to all the people in the race, but the driver was practicing on-track in a car nobody could see? That way he/she wouldnt interfere with the racing.

At first I liked the suggestion very much. It would not only be nice for mid-race joiners, to do some warming up until the next restart. It could also be the ideal "noob mode", where people who are new to the car/track combo can practice following the pack, overtaking others, etc. without fear of screwing up someone else's race.

However, there is a tiny problem...
Quote :To stop the collisions issue, the collisions for the ghost car would ONLY affect the ghost car, for instance, if a driver drove through where it normally would be, the ghost car would be hit just as if it was in a race

Then, the ghost driver would have to go out of his way to avoid the others, because (a) they can't see him, but (b) they can knock him off the track, unknowingly.

IMHO it would be better if it were really a ghost car, without any collisions. (Then again, this looks like it will be a lot of work for Scawen, so it'll probably end up at the bottom if the priorities list.)
#31 - CSU1
...shuda just went t bed DK:nodj/k)
Quote from wsinda :At first I liked the suggestion very much. It would not only be nice for mid-race joiners, to do some warming up until the next restart. It could also be the ideal "noob mode", where people who are new to the car/track combo can practice following the pack, overtaking others, etc. without fear of screwing up someone else's race.

However, there is a tiny problem...
Then, the ghost driver would have to go out of his way to avoid the others, because (a) they can't see him, but (b) they can knock him off the track, unknowingly.

IMHO it would be better if it were really a ghost car, without any collisions. (Then again, this looks like it will be a lot of work for Scawen, so it'll probably end up at the bottom if the priorities list.)

I was thinking that myself

Quote from CSU1 :...shuda just went t bed DK:nodj/k)

I'm insomniac. You know that. And I'd been on a 12hr coffee streak

Little suggestions
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG