The online racing simulator
15" TFT or 19" CRT >.<
(8 posts, started )
15" TFT or 19" CRT >.<
Well im getting a free 19" crt monitor off a friend as i currently dont have a spare screen.

Now both moniters in my house are mine im just wondering what would you guys prefer?

A "15 (Tft i think) flatscreen max res 1024x768
or
A 19" Crt (Big fudging thing) max res <Unknown -.->
#2 - Jakg
CRT probably has better quality, but like most people i can't use a CRT for too long without my eyes going all wierd, whereas TFT's never have this affects on me.

Personally? I'd use both, and then probably end up using both with a dual monitor setup.
Damn you all and your skills/equipment i dont have >.> One would be for the family computer so thats not happening >.< I feel so useless and unworthy in this forum with all my crappy gear and racing skillls! Anyway Cheers
It's hard decision. I would probably use the CRT though, it's that much bigger.
i always like the bigger.. crt ...
If the CRT is even halfway decent, it's probably much better than the LCD and, as others have mentioned, bigger too. (19" CRT is equivalent to a 17 or 18" LCD)

Some people are unaffected by screen flicker on CRT's, others (like me) can't stand any. I found I couldn't notice any flicker at 85Hz, so as long as it runs at a decent resolution at that refresh rate, you shouldn't have any problems with headaches or eye strain.
#7 - ajp71
There completely different monitors, a 15" TFT monitor is tiny and very compact if you need the space then it will do the job. The CRT will have a better screen picture, especially seeing as most 15" TFTs are made for the cheap, low quality, end of the market. The CRT is also a lot bigger, generally a better thing if you have the space and should support a higher screen resolution, although you may be limited by how high you can go based on how your eyes react to flicker. Personally I find 75hz is unnoticeable but anything less is unusable.
Well as long as the CRT can do a decent refresh rate I say go for it...
60hz = PAIN!!! Usually after 5 or 10 minutes my eyes start to water, regardless of lighting
75hz = Little better, still it's rather anoying, and I can notice flicker
85hz = I've never had much of a problem with it, it's a very soft, easy to cope with setting.
~Bryan~

15" TFT or 19" CRT >.<
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG