The online racing simulator
Exterior Editing?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - dooms
Exterior Editing?
Well, we're able to convert dds files and edit them using photoshop or something else. Interior parts of all cars and head/taillights are available in those files. For example I edited XF GTi headlights to angel eyes, and taillights to led lights, added a GTI logo on the grills and an In-Dash LCD to interior. I guess some of you do similar editings too. But i wanna edit exterior and dds editing lets me only changing headlights or taillights. Anyone knows how can i edit a bumper or a hood? And if you got a program about exterior editing i'll be glad if you share it
You can edit hood textures with a car skin , but you can't change the real shape of it.
Quote from dooms :Well, we're able to convert dds files and edit them using photoshop or something else. Interior parts of all cars and head/taillights are available in those files. For example I edited XF GTi headlights to angel eyes, and taillights to led lights, added a GTI logo on the grills and an In-Dash LCD to interior. I guess some of you do similar editings too. But i wanna edit exterior and dds editing lets me only changing headlights or taillights. Anyone knows how can i edit a bumper or a hood? And if you got a program about exterior editing i'll be glad if you share it

Can you tell me how you edit those lights?!
Where you find those things...
I send you a message so read it please!
Erm, lots of people have asked this. Did you try searching?

Okay, you need nVidia's DDS Plugin for Photoshop, and either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Then you just edit them like any other image.

If you don't have/can't get/can't afford Paint Shop Pro, there are dds converters, but I can't remember what they are called. But the information you need is on this forum somewhere - you just need to find it.
coughcommandandconquerdotfilefrontdotcomslashfileslashDDSunderscoreConvertersemicolon51572cough
Is there a way to make the headlights glass opaque?
no

well for like a few of them, i remember seeing an alpha layer for the UF1k headlights so i think you can make those black.. cant remember

Exterior Editing?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG