The online racing simulator
Supercars
(67 posts, started )
Quote from JTbo :I'm sure Top Gear's laptimes are not best to compare cars, but they show something, I'm pretty sure of

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Dodge Viper SRT-10

Hehe =) It does show something, it shows that the Stig Can't drive, if he could he would be running real races =) Didn't they have an F1 driver show up and run a lap time 3 seconds quicker than the Stig?

You can't really believe much of anything on Top Gear. The show is for entertainment purposes only.
Quote from Viper93 :Hehe =) It does show something, it shows that the Stig Can't drive, if he could he would be running real races =) Didn't they have an F1 driver show up and run a lap time 3 seconds quicker than the Stig?

Well, lets keep things in context here. The stig (whoever he might be this season) is still a race driver, and blatantly not that bad. I don't think they let him have too much practise either (although that is just a guess on my part). F1 drivers are supposed to be world class, so I'd expect them to be noticeably quicker than the stig.

Quote from Viper93 :You can't really believe much of anything on Top Gear. The show is for entertainment purposes only.

True of course, it's all opinions and fun. Good fun though.
Quote from JTbo :Ferrari FXX looks very ugly, I prefer Viper over that one, even it means worse performance and not even supercar status. Viper has good old school looks and that is what I find very good.

Well I guess the viper Venom can be considered as a super car
I wonder if it's drivable

Well anyway who would bother if we had more than 1 supercar?
Quote from Viper93 :Hehe =) It does show something, it shows that the Stig Can't drive, if he could he would be running real races =) Didn't they have an F1 driver show up and run a lap time 3 seconds quicker than the Stig?

Back that up with data or quit talking rubbish...

You can't really believe much of anything on Top Gear. The show is for entertainment purposes only.

this also shows something else
that in fanatical rage of adoring american not musclecar to the point of making facts up and talking rubbish you start looking like a ...ehm...let's make you guess...

on topic
1) no they didn't have any single F1 driver who could beat The Stig, he was (and still is) the fastest person alive (Or otherwise) to lap the TG track in a lacetti...

2) do you know something that we don't? please prove that The Stig doesn't run in any racing cup with facts... just telling that there is no racedriver called "the stig" in any race series is not a prove...

3) why wouldn't you believe the laptimes on the board? because it could be corrupted and falsificated to make American "cars" look bad? why the Ford GT, and the Corvette are in quite good positions then? judging by your logic - it's for the entertainment purposes strictly, which makes no sense at all
#56 - JTbo
But what if Viper was run on wet and Z06 on dry?

Can't remember those episodes of funny entertaining not so scientifically accurate show and internet version of 'the board' is not showing if lap was done on wet or dry
How do we know 'The Stig(s)' don't race in real life as well?
Quote from tristancliffe :How do we know 'The Stig(s)' don't race in real life as well?

At least I woke some people up =) I enjoy TopGear but come on people do you really believe 1/2 of what they say? I take everything with a grain of salt. They are on TV for one purpose, entertainment. It's always good fun to watch people arsing around in cars, but jeez.

Since I pissed even more people off here are some facts about the stig. While these are not really facts just more rumor. Nobody really knows besides the TopGear crew.

"For the first two seasons, The Stig was Perry McCarthy, a former Formula One driver as well as a test driver for three F1 teams. A new Stig took over from McCarthy after the original Stig's "demise" at the beginning of Season 3. On the 18 March 2006 the former Stig, Perry McCarthy, revealed that currently there is no one single test driver, but multiple test drivers who masquerade as the Stig; he said this when he appeared at a Palmer Sport activity day in Bedfordshire, UK. Rumours have it that one of the new Stigs is Damon Hill and occasionally Colin McRae. And in January 2006, the Daily Express claimed that the identity of The Stig is former Formula 1 driver Julian Bailey."

You all can keep on believing your stupid American Stereotypes You are shown facts and don't believe them

Here is the GT1 Website. Ferrari has of this year Bumped Dodge off the top spot for Manufacturer wins, but then someone is bound to when Dodge pulled their funding on their GT1 cars and Dodge has not been competing since 2004. Dodge still has the top spot in the makes wins, that will probably change next year though too. It's taken 3 years for the other manufacturers to catch up though =)

http://www.fiagt.com/hof.php
#59 - JTbo
There is absolutely no point comparing GT1 cars and road going versions of the same, they look similar, that is about it.

You can get even a bus to handle on track if you have resources, it does not mean that your average bus is any good at all on track.
Quote from JTbo :You can get even a bus to handle on track if you have resources, it does not mean that your average bus is any good at all on track.

hehe and you know all about buses big brick like things on wheels
Ben Collins is the Stig

Quote from David Sears :Appearing on a New Zealand Motorsport television programme called 'Pit Lane' on January 17th 2007, A1GP team manager and British motorsport personality David Sears was questioned if he knew the identity of the Top Gear test driver known only as "The Stig". Without hesitation and in a very matter-of-fact manner he replied, "Oh, you want to know who the Stig is... Ben Collins, he's a British sportscar driver, Ben Collins".

Quote from JTbo :There is absolutely no point comparing GT1 cars and road going versions of the same, they look similar, that is about it.

You can get even a bus to handle on track if you have resources, it does not mean that your average bus is any good at all on track.

True =) The GTS-R they also came in a street version which only changed enough to meet safety requirements and it was called the GT2. But your right.

So we step aside from that, all anyone has told me so far is that the Viper cannot handle because Jeremy Clarkson said so. To me that sounds a bit like mob mentality and nobody is actually thinking for themselves. Do I need to post data again?

Tristan, I know you use a datalogger when you race, how much can your lateral 'G's tell you? What I am getting at here is there were claims that performance data doesn't mean anything which is not true.

What is true that unless you have tested each vehicle on the same day, at the exact same time, with the exact same conditions you will never get an exactly perfect picture. I realize that. But you honestly think that the results could be messed up so badly that the figures mean nothing? I think not.

You would have to take data from multiple tests taken over a period of time to get a perfect picture, but they do give a good idea on what the vehicle is capable of.
Quote from Viper93 :

So we step aside from that, all anyone has told me so far is that the Viper cannot handle because Jeremy Clarkson said so. To me that sounds a bit like mob mentality and nobody is actually thinking for themselves. Do I need to post data again?

I think you'll find that Clarkson quite likes Viper's.
http://driving.timesonline.co. ... larkson/article486247.ece

I think mostly because of their love/hate appeal which is echoed here.
^^^^ all that is nice but back to orignal question, is the 1998 dodge viper gts a supercar of ITS ERA! im saying yes!
#65 - mr_x
I've not seen the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish in here yet!! :o

what is wrong with you people?!
Quote from kester :^^^^ all that is nice but back to orignal question, is the 1998 dodge viper gts a supercar of ITS ERA! im saying yes!

When was the Mclaren F1 built again?
Even I can say that's MUCH better.

Supercars
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG