The online racing simulator
Transmisson Whine
(7 posts, started )
Transmisson Whine
Well, kind of surprised I haven't found anything...

Anyway, how about some transmisson whine for the GTR cars? :goodvibes
there is... run the final drive at 7.200, then you can have a tranny that sounds like a turbo.
#3 - axus
Nice! Didn't know that - is it fully synthisised? I can't find a sample that I can edit to make it ever louder.
It's not the ratio that makes the whine in RL.
#5 - axus
I think it is differential noise, not transmision whine. Transmission whine is because of straight-cut gears in race cars and that has nothing to do with the final drive ratio. Transmission whine sound like when you are driving your street car in reverse gear.
I don't want to sound like I'm nagging, but this has already been mentioned and can be seen in the Suggested improvements log.

That's a sticky thread for a reason - so people can easily spot it. If you're just posting to get your post count up, then nevermind me
Quote from Huru-aito : If you're just posting to get your post count up, then nevermind me

No, more like trying to get my new Hooter Nana avatar noticed , but that's a diffrent story.

Sorry didnt see the topic on the Improvment log, I thought it would be under Car Stuff,it was under Sounds.

Transmisson Whine
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG