The online racing simulator
#1 - Reik
Not enough freespace... Yes I have!!
I downloaded the game from the link and everything went fine. 100% and I started to extract it, but... It says that I dont have enough room for it, but I have over 128MB free like it is supposed to be.

What's going on?
How much free space DO you have?
128mb free is probably not enough, pretty sure when you extract it, it will extract it to a temp folder, so you need at least twice what the LFS install is.

Also, 128mb free is way, way to little for general windows usage.
#5 - Reik
Well I deleted some files I dont need so now I have 345MB so that should be enough. Heh, my computer's lousy I know
#6 - J@tko
My LFS file (excluding skins) is 446MB
I'm gonna jack this thread and ask, what can I ditch from the LFS folder to fit it on a 128MB flashdrive?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I'm gonna jack this thread and ask, what can I ditch from the LFS folder to fit it on a 128MB flashdrive?

Nothing....... if you zip it up
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I'm gonna jack this thread and ask, what can I ditch from the LFS folder to fit it on a 128MB flashdrive?

Setups, skins and music. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Portable LFS?
Since LFS doesn't 'install' like most programs (runs almost completely independent of Windows, sorta), can I 'install' the program to a flash drive and take it with me wherever I go, preferably the unlocked version I purchased?
That won't work. AFAIK, if you unlock LFS on one pc, put it on a memory stick and put that stick in another PC, you'll have to re-unlock it

DK
Yup, everything will work, apart from the fact it will be locked.
so lfs must put a file somewhere then look for it as it boots up, right?

No biggie, just wondering.

Thanks for the input.
No, it sort of remembers your hardware state itself I think, probably as part of a player profile or config file. The only LFS files are those in the LFS directory.
so if I unlock it to the thumb drive?
It'll probably work on your thumb drive in your PC. But will be locked in any other PC (and probably your own if you then go back to after trying it on another PC).
Thank you for your time - I thought it might be too good to be true.

Have a good one!

dnr
It's hardware configuration locked, it thoery, you could have it unlocked on a thumbdrive, and use it on another PC with EXACTLY the same hardware config and it would work, but the chances of finding 2 identical PC's are slim.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG